Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Something must be out there re:Robbe MAXI

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Something must be out there re:Robbe MAXI

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 05:33 PM
puplover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something must be out there re:Robbe MAXI

I've been searching high and low for info on the MAXI, 1972 or 73 pattern plane mfg. by the Robbe Co. in Germany.It was a great flyer and an even better kit to build. I would be happy just getting hold of the plans. I still have the instructions.Midwest was the distributer in this country.Anyone got anything? Of course I'll pay.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:22 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Something must be out there re:Robbe MAXI

I can remember one of the kits sitting on pegs at local shop for some time. I think the kit was a bit too hot for locals, and it specifed unusual glow engine and radio gear which was only available in Europe. Yet another couple nails in the coffin of sales. The local shop had a 1/2 price sale once and it went out the door.

I know it was hawked by Cal-Hobbies out of Los Angeles. For they were the distributors to mom and pop single stores. I am thinking that about 1980 or so, the name of Mfgr. was changed to Robby too.

Nothing else.

Wm.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:58 PM
puplover

Thanks for the reply CoosBayLumber.This kit was mfg.by the well known for boats co.in Germany and still a big mfg.co for all of Europe called Robbe Modelfluge or some German name,but the Robbe is correct. The plane was designed by Heinz Elsasser,a member of the 1969 German FAI RC team. You remember Heinz,Don't you? Thanks again for replying.Pu-plover
Old 05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Holderlin

You're absolutely right: It was robbe Modellflug! At one of our recent meetings this really nice Mäxi turned up.

By the way: Do you still need the plans?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54187.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	684397   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45854.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	684398  
Old 05-27-2007, 07:48 PM
puplover

Hello Holderlin; Thank you for the reply about the MAXI. I thought I would never hear from anyone. I have been offline for some time, thus the long time in contacting you. You were right: that is a good-looking Maxi and yes, I am still very much interested in the plans, since I probably will never get a kit, which, by the way, was one of the finest kits I ever built. I assume that you have access to the plans; please PM me about the particulars for getting the plans, if that is still possible. By the way, what did you think of the airplane?

Awaiting your reply...thank you very much!

Puplover