Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Aerosoar

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Djstinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerosoar

I just picked up one these from TRU $29.99 in Dayton,OH. Total weight is 3.52 grams, 2 channel, IR remote, 5 step throttle, single prop and an actuator top it off. Very cool little indoor flier.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86835.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	652404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30876.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	652405  
Old 03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
coleholley

Default RE: Aerosoar

How small of space can you fly it in? And charger from the controller right?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

wow, sweet, i cant believe they're selling these in the states now! i bought my AS last summer on ebay, average price is still around 40 bucks! 30 dollars at target without any shipping time is a great deal. anyone that wanted to get into living room flying now has a wide open door to get there. its powered from a super cap, so flight times around 15-30 seconds, but it recharges in 30 seconds. it can be tricky to trim them in sometimes, but they still fly well enough.

the guts themselves are worth the price. considering a hobby grade micro RX/ESC costs 75 bucks or higher, then you have to get an actuator, a lipo, charger, TX...the price can skyrocket. now its all there in one package for 30 dollars. a 20mah lipo and a charger should run less than the plane itself if one wanted to convert to lipo power.

the range can be quite limited sometimes, since its IR. sunlight, random sunbeams, and stray sun light can all cause interferance and drop the signal. but its not too bad. i was able to fly mine in a relatively small bedroom, so it can handle some tight places. i've got some video somewhere, i'll try to dig it up, otherwise, youtube.com probably has some videos.

nick
Old 03-29-2007, 08:37 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Nick, can it go to 50 mah lipo? That is as small as I can charge. Is this the areosoarer that folks were talking about earlier this winter? Maybe they will bring the palm z over soon. Tim

Nick and Tim, I have a couple of questions for you. They will come up on the ace thread. Tim
Old 04-04-2007, 06:20 AM
Ched

I used a 50mah in my new aerosoar. ( lipo from a picco z ) The plane weighs 4.2 grams now. It flys good but a little faster.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:33 AM
DEFORCER

the aero ace has a 100mah lipo in it, do you think that would be too heavy?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:30 AM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Nick, can it go to 50 mah lipo? That is as small as I can charge. Is this the areosoarer that folks were talking about earlier this winter? Maybe they will bring the palm z over soon. Tim
yep, a number of folks have used the 50mah cell. as Ched mentioned, it brings your weight and speed up, but your flight times would certainly be longer than with that cap!

the palm z will eventually hit our shelves...i hope. i was surprised to see airhogs go with the aerosoarer since silverlit already has the palmz in the works. i'm hoping that just means airhogs will sell the aerosoarer for now, and will start selling the palmz when the time comes. either way, i'm getting a palmz!

nick
Old 04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Djstinger

Can you charge the 50mha with the stock Aerosoar Tx or do you have to use the stock Picco Tx for charging??
Old 04-05-2007, 12:36 AM
2phar

could someone give the SKU for AeroSoar please?
thanks, chris
Old 04-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Fisher

I saw this plane at the local TRU last Friday. Looked just like what I needed for these long cold winter nights in the house. After about 10 minuets worth of 15 second flights and 30 second charges I was completely un-impressed. I returned the plane and will wait for the Silverlit PalmZ to hit the market. The Aero Soar is really just a novelty as it comes out of the box. Without a lipo for some flight time I would say hold on to your money unless you are just looking for the parts or plan to install your own lipo.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:16 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ok, what is the turn radius? Stock vs 50 mah lipo. I would like to get one for my Dad for his B-day in June. But I want to know I can set him up. He has a Picoo z, so he will need to be able to charge from that base. Does anyone know if this is possible? Tim
Old 04-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Fisher

Once you get the plane turning it will turn in about a 6' circle or less but the particular plane I had (stock) took a bit to respond (with the dihedral it would tip from side to side before turning) so I could only get 1 good figure 8 out of it in my 20' x 20' living room before it lost too much power to keep it in the air. For me flight times with the stock setup were not long enough to enjoy more than once or twice so it got old really quick. The Lipo upgrade would be a must to have any real long term enjoyment. I pulled out the Picco Z and few it around the room soon after I gave up on this plane. The little heli is way more fun and worth the cost unlike this plane. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Djstinger

Fern, The flight times are are short but after a few cycles you can get about 3 min. flights max. After some trimming it is the only plane I have that I can fly indoors. With that said I am keeping mine and I will wait for the Palm Z and get one of those too. When I get time I am going to my spare Picco battery in it and with the new charger I just bought (Accu-Cycle Elite) I can charge 50 mha lipo's so I should see some major gains in my flight times, the flight times should be better than the Picco.

By the way I am on my 2nd Areosoar, The first one had a bent prop/gear and would either go straight or to the right and dive. They need to use better tape on the inside. When I opened the box and pulled the plane out it looked like it had been opened before becouse almost all the tape had come loose.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Ched

Maybe you could fix the aerosoar with the bent gear. I read that you can use a prop off the tail of a piccoz and make the aerosoar direct drive.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Djstinger

I will try that and let you know.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:41 PM
dsmdan95

Hi I was just wondering if you think I should get a aerosoar or should i just wait for the Palm Z? How long of flight times dose the Aerosoar get? Some are saying 15 secs and some are saying 3 mins stock? If it got 40 secs or so I guess that would be fine.
Now with the Palm Z... how much much is it gonna be? 29.99? Also IS and when is it gonna come to the usa? If it's soon (a month or two) I might just wait for that insead thanks for your help Dan
Old 04-17-2007, 08:02 PM
BackyardFlyer

I just got my aerosoar in the mail and i have to say i have a lot of fun with mine. Stock it flies about 40 sec and is pretty easy to control. I even took it outside and flew it becasue there was no wind it flew pretty good. And to answer your question if you are willing to wait i would say wait for the PalmZ because having longer flights on thse things would be awesome.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:47 PM
PrkFlyrRic

KB toys is selling the Aero Soar in stores and online for $29.99, gues I'm gonna have to try one out.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:12 AM
lovestofly

just picked mine up and I am having so much fun! I'm a relative newby and flying this indoors while relaxing is just a barrel of fun! Doesn't fly all that long but it is so cool to have that little plane buzz around the room! You guys need to pick one of these up. It has its limitations and isn't the best flyer, but when you want to just fly something for a little bit in the house, it's fun!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:49 AM
PrkFlyrRic

If you think those are fun try out the Air Hogs Aero Ace. Indoors and out, they're real fun.
And with all the modifications that are being done it just opens up all sorts of things.
Ric
Old 04-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Park_Flyer

When I picked mine up from TRU. The first thing I did was open her up and give her a 50 mha lipo. I took the battery out of a broken picoo z. I then simply soldered stock silverlit/airhog battery connectors to the aerosoarer's board and the lipo battery as well. I attached the male ended connector to the battery, and the female end to the aerosoarers board. That way I could use the stock picoo z charger to charge the battery. I also stripped the bulky black wire insulation off of both battery connectors ( But not the black - and red + insulation of the wires them selves). As well as removed the bulky outer shell that houses the very tiny/ light weight connector inside. This helped remove bulk/weight from the configuration. I then taped the small 50 mha battery just about centered above the stock battery connector that is used to charge the stock aerosoarer. I used two little strips of masking tape to do the job. This configuration allowed me to put the little foam cover that houses the internals of the aerosoarer back on. I just cut a little hole through it to allow for the connector I soldered to the board to be freely accessible.
So far I've flown ths configuration about six times. The charger seems to be peeking the battery correctly. And I can fly it around my living room for over eight minutes. I don't allow the battery to go under it's voltage, by cutting it's air time short before there is any noticeable drop in throttle power. It seems to be working so far. With no noticeable low volt damage to the battery.
Like others have stated. The 50 mha battery does seem to increase the planes speed. But with proper throttle management, and quick taps of the rudder. I can make it crawl, or I can make it zip around the room at a good clip. To me this plane is worth the money to anyone who is a mod maniac like myslef . But if your more of just an out of the box flyer? You might want to wait for the silverlit Palm Z. That doesn't mean that the stock cap equipped aerosoarer isn't lot of fun. Because it definitely is. It just means that the fun is limited to only around 40 seconds. Which to me wasn't enough time.

But anyway....It's good to see there are so many flyers not just limiting themselve's to the open sky's. The living room can be almost as fun, just on a smaller scale. I have an erray of outdoor flyers. And I have to say that I enjoy these little carpet gliders almost as much as I do my air birds. I hope some of what I shared, can help someone somewhere who just got one of these little beauties, and was looking to charge her up with a lipo. Go for IT...!!!..You definitely won't regret it...[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 04-24-2007, 06:07 PM
PrkFlyrRic

Can you post a couple of picks of your battery swap?

I just got mine today and while it glides well, even on full power it just slowly sinks to the ground, turning right, left or straight ahead.
I can get about 3/4 around my 25'x20' living room and it's on the floor. I tried bending the prop for more bite and it helped some.
I also noticed the tail rotor motor from my parts Havoc/Picoo-Z is the same dia. motor, just half again longer.
I wondering if it was swaped along with the LiPo would you get more power and cancel out some of the CG issue???
Ideas ????

Ric
Old 04-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Park_Flyer

Sure Ric.... Here's a couple of pics. I hope they help you. I just simply taped the 50 mha lipo to the side of the plane with a thin strip of masking tape. CG seems pretty good. I've heard guys are using the tail rotor prop from the picoo Z instead of the stock geared set up, and the plane flys very well.

Dave

Name:	Zx70052.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	674723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22722.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	674724  
Old 04-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Park_Flyer

Vid of my 50 mah Lipo charged Aero soarer...[sm=75_75.gif]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdxnRF-OWyU
Old 04-30-2007, 11:51 AM
PrkFlyrRic

Ok, I tried the tail motor from the Havoc in the AeroSoar, works great, more rpm’s and more power. But it sucked the little LiPo battery quick. So I put the Havoc LiPo in the AeroSoar. That works but makes charging a pain.
What I’m trying to do now is switch the Havoc board with the AeroSoar board.
I put the tail motor wires where the main motor wires where and that works, but when I checked the spots where the tail motor wires went they get power whenever the main is powered up.
I think I need to connect the actuator neg to the down-side of R-11.
Any Ideas ???
Ric

Name:	Vt56508.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	675301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95153.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	675302  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.