Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Can't take it anymore!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:39 PM
jaywax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't take it anymore!!!

Disclaimer (simply venting)

I am sick and tired of people who come on these RC forums to simply bash a product, just because they had or heard of a few problems. RC products are made in the thousands and yes with that many items in production you are going to have some defects. The thing that really bothers me is that the people who are doing most of the negative talk have no personal experience with the f@!!ing product at all. The majority of time it is user error!!! Blame your inexperience or just chalk it up to stupidity.

Example 1: There is no rc product on this earth designed to withstand the impact of running into a wall or curb at 40 plus mph. Also, if you try to jump your vehicle over a house or office building, do not call the vehicle crap if it breaks.

Example 2 : Losi, Mugen, Kyosho, Associated, Traxxas, Cen, and the other hundred manufactures are not idiots. If they were these money hungry idiots they would not be in BUSINESS. If there product does not fit your driving style or tastes, just move on and not call it "crap".

Example 3 : If your nitro engine blows or whatever. Try retracing your steps and see what you may have done to contribute to the failure. If that does not work ask a more experienced person or call the manufacturer. Do not get on a forum and bash a well known and respected engine manufacturer, because it makes you look stupid. Same goes for servos.

Example 4: Everyone remembers their first rc vehicle. It may have been a high end vehicle or maybe not, but is was still cool and exciting. Please do not sh@! on a persons new vehicle, just because you do not like it. Keep it to yourself.

Final Example: There can be only so many experts on a particular subject or field. I know rc is not rocket science, but damn. I am not going to call out any names, because most people already know these individuals. It is okay to be a newbie. Everyone in this sports was a newb at one point in time. People should be able to feel comfortable when asking a question and not feel that they asked a "dumb" question. In my brief time on this planet I have found two hobbies or sports very humbling. That is golf and rc. No matter if you are the worlds number one golfer or rc driver, you will bogie and your vehicle will break. I'M OUT!!
Old 04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
ptarp

Default RE: Can't take it anymore!!!

Now to check your recent posts to see what spurred this Really though, I agree with that you said...
Old 04-17-2007, 01:59 PM
haasjj

A good rant to clear your thoughts, and very well writen and on point ( I hope I'm not one of those people )
Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
jaywax

ORIGINAL: ptarp

Now to check your recent posts to see what spurred this Really though, I agree with that you said...
Nothing directed toward me. I just got fed up with the negativity. Thats all.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I think the sooner that you realize that everything I say is right, we will get along fine. j/k I know that wasn't directed towards me.

Arseholes are like opinions- everyone has one. Sometimes these forums drive me nuts, but after years and years I just back off of the threads and posters that tick me off and move on. There is only a handful of guys who's opinion I value here. I would say there is only 1 good thread per every 30 or so threads on the rc car forums. I try and help newbs sometimes, but otherwise I don't read threads unless it's from a poster I know well. Forum posting and communication is a learned skill and many just don't know how to do it well.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Piero23

exception to the rule...duratrax
Old 04-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Shark413

I agree 100%. I feel if you have something constructive to add/share with fellow RC nuts then do so. Do you think people would talk the same way if they were standing in the same room with other forum members? I hope not.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:16 PM
what_stanger

lol
ORIGINAL: Piero23

Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Force4x4

Well said, I totally agree with Jay
Old 04-18-2007, 08:46 AM
ptarp

Nobody who runs a duratrax claim they are the best...so why do people target them so much? I think its because the duratrax stuff is actually very good for the money...making those who spent oodles on their r/c feel a bit resentful...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
hkenvy91

i just bought a hyper8rtr i i get alot of neg. feedback about how its trash and i should have bought a pro kit . im new and i wanted to get a feel for the sport. i plan to build up the buggy slowlyand wanted to get started right away driving not get the kit build it and start 4-5 months from now
Old 04-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

Hyper 8 rtr is a nice ride. Sturdy.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:52 PM
trackman

hkenvy91 you made me think on that one. i usually reccomend people buy a kit. but as you did i bought a rtr
many many years ago. the cheapest i could find. at the time it served its purpose, i found out that i liked
1/8 scale and moved up from there. i didnt want to spend a grand to find out if i would like it or not.
thanks for reminding me where i started. and my first buggy was an ofna.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:07 PM
jonnymac

Wow, Theres a lot of love out there guys, we just never noticed.
Group hug anyone?
Lets see if we can keep this thread up as long as some of the hate threads
Old 04-18-2007, 07:59 PM
KillerJato

I agree also. I think that a person that hasn't had personal experience with a particular type,model shouldn't say anything about it at all, because it's all heresay.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: ptarp

Nobody who runs a duratrax claim they are the best...so why do people target them so much? I think its because the duratrax stuff is actually very good for the money...making those who spent oodles on their r/c feel a bit resentful...

thank you, i totally agree. and i hate when people talk down on the product. i dont do it with other manufatures, yes there pro's and cons between manufactures. But not once have i said a product sucked or talked down about it.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:25 PM
riverat1540

[quote]ORIGINAL: jaywax

Disclaimer (simply venting)

I am sick and tired of people who come on these RC forums to simply bash a product, just because they had or heard of a few problems. RC products are made in the thousands and yes with that many items in production you are going to have some defects. The thing that really bothers me is that the people who are doing most of the negative talk have no personal experience with the f@!!ing product at all. The majority of time it is user error!!! Blame your inexperience or just chalk it up to stupidity.

Example 1: There is no rc product on this earth designed to withstand the impact of running into a wall or curb at 40 plus mph. Also, if you try to jump your vehicle over a house or office building, do not call the vehicle crap if it breaks.

that was me LOL
Old 04-18-2007, 08:50 PM
HeLLsGoD

hey i had a duratraxx ESC, i took care of it very well and it fried on me for no reason and i havent done anything wrong. I was also running a stock 20T motor which is far far away from the limit and it just seized? I popped the stock esc back on and its worked fine till this day. I paid a fair amount of money for it and didnt last me very long.

I think i have the right to call it a durathrash.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:01 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: HeLLsGoD

hey i had a duratraxx ESC, i took care of it very well and it fried on me for no reason and i havent done anything wrong. I was also running a stock 20T motor which is far far away from the limit and it just seized? I popped the stock esc back on and its worked fine till this day. I paid a fair amount of money for it and didnt last me very long.

I think i have the right to call it a durathrash.

you know this is a free country and we do believe in freedom of speech so your allowed to say what ever you want... but to comment on your statement i just have to say oh well you had a lemon..... cuz i had my evader with a duratrac 12t ESC for over a year and i beat the crap out of it and still works like a charm... so boo hoo to you... better luck next time
Old 04-18-2007, 11:27 PM
paintstikker

That was really well spoken.

And I have to say, I still consider myself a noob even after a few years in this, and quite a few RCs. I get annoyed when all that people do is complain on and on...
Old 04-18-2007, 11:38 PM
HeLLsGoD

you know this is a free country and we do believe in freedom of speech so your allowed to say what ever you want... but to comment on your statement i just have to say oh well you had a lemon..... cuz i had my evader with a duratrac 12t ESC for over a year and i beat the crap out of it and still works like a charm... so boo hoo to you... better luck next time
So your saying i need luck to have quality items? I expect to get my moneys worth when buying stuff. See this is the main reason i like to stay away from brands that people name and call "crap". So other people will be aware before buying and avoid the same situation. I know you cant really trust peoples creditbility in forums but there are brands that are troublesome.

I wasnt the only one that had a problem with the duratrash esc, another person had it for a month then suddenly it would only accellerate like it had a flat battery even though it didnt. Thank god for forums.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:41 AM
cheech4

can i ask how many DTX ESC's you had????im guessing 1... so what do you do you, listen to very few people who post at forums instead of saying maybe a had a faulty system. do you have any idea how many sales of duratrax ESC's are made in a years time, not a 100 but thousands... and you listen to the very few that complain... why dont you ask those who have no problem with them,,, my guess is, it way over weighs the complaints. and again i had no complaints with them and i have a few call me lucky call me what ever you want. stop complaining and talking trash about a company... duratrax makes crappy stuff thats why RCuniverse has the biggest evader thread in the world, ask those guys if they like duratrax... why dont you ask guys who own the DTX ice charger, nothing but praise from that.... bottom line you had a lemon and it put a sour taste in your mouth and it left a negative mark about a good product....
Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 AM
HeLLsGoD

lol I was only talking about the ESC so dont get dramatic about other Duratrax products. I was complaining about the ESC and couldnt care less about the others they sell

Of course ive only had one and its the last one ill ever buy. Would you buy the same product that screwed up and wasted ur money again? NO so i wouldnt really know and i wouldnt wanna try get "lucky" like you this time. I expected alot more from duratraxx

Of course most of there products do work, they wouldnt even be in business if they all failed duh but theres still a large amount of complaints.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:11 AM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: HeLLsGoD

lol I was only talking about the ESC so dont get dramatic about other Duratrax products. I was complaining about the ESC and couldnt care less about the others they sell

Of course ive only had one and its the last one ill ever buy. Would you buy the same product that screwed up and wasted ur money again? NO so i wouldnt really know and i wouldnt wanna try get "lucky" like you this time. I expected alot more from duratraxx

Of course most of there products do work, they wouldnt even be in business if they all failed duh but theres still a large amount of complaints.

dont judge a book by its cover they say... i knew you only had one, i rest my case. have a nice life.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 AM
HeLLsGoD

I only judged it by experience and didnt mean to make a deal about it. Of course there are lots of idiots out there that did make their own mistakes on the product and still blamed the product for it, giving the company bad rep.

Some companys will always have lower quality/bad design products and others have better. Thats why i try and choose the best product as i can from learning from peoples mistakes. Would u rather get a r/c made by smartech or the one made who ever smartech stole the design off? haha

Not mentioning any companys that copy designs *cough cough*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.