Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Radio switch question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM
dazzahughesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio switch question

Firstly my HT2 is comming on nicely...still marsking up the shell. This is the design I have come up with....

Whilst I am waiting on my Hitec servos for my HT2, I want to know, haw many of you still use a switch for the battery?

If you don't what do you use instead. I see a few people use those red connectors instead.

Darren
Old 07-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Elite_Tux487

Default RE: Radio switch question

http://radicalrc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=51& Second one down....The remove before flight switch
Old 07-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Isle of Wight Basher

Hi,

After having a couple fail I never use a switch, I just have the battery connected direct to the Rx using deans connectors or suchlike.

If you do use a switch. never run without a throttle return spring
Old 07-19-2007, 06:22 AM
Mudgy

Exactly

A switch in line is just another thing that can go wrong...using a Deans plug as your connector may not be race legal, but it is the best way to have positive connection of your power source....also, if you get into the habit of plugging in/unplugging the supply, you won't be forgetting that you left the car "on" whilst marshalling, only to find at the next heat, Rx power dies half a lap into it!!!

My 2 c worth,

Old 07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
dazzahughesuk

I was thinking of getting these

Old 07-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Isle of Wight Basher

They'll do nicely

Mudgy, there's no rules (that I can find) about Rx switches for the UK, good point you make about unplugging though.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:38 AM
PAPE

I have seen many people have faliures because of a switch on planes and cars. I still use them but thats me on my big cars I go to the hardware store and by aa big bulky stainless steel switch that has a big knob like the ones used on race cars, the shine ones that go on a panel, they always give a nice strong positive on or off, and on my plane its a difrent storry read my sig, my planes never live long enogfh for the switch to go bad, they usualy end up destroid and when I build the next one it has e new switch. I just think its more convinient to use a switch.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:41 AM
PAPE

ORIGINAL: PAPE

I have seen many people have faliures because of a switch on planes and cars. I still use them but thats me on my big cars I go to the hardware store and by aa big bulky stainless steel switch that has a big knob like the ones used on race cars, the shine ones that go on a panel, they always give a nice strong positive on or off, and on my plane its a difrent storry read my sig, my planes never live long enogfh for the switch to go bad, they usualy end up destroid and when I build the next one it has e new switch. I just think its more convinient to use a switch.

oh and with all my 10 years of flying only 2 crashes were really my fault if you dont count the foamies
Old 07-21-2007, 02:36 AM
Pigsmightfly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dazzahughesuk

I was thinking of getting these

http://www.modelpower.co.uk/acatalog...ousing_500.jpg

They'll never come loose

Screw the RX one to the side of the radio box with a little o-ring as a spacer, Solid as a rock on steroids.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:11 AM
dazzahughesuk

Cheers mate...i'll order some.