Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

war game of tank

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:41 AM
yugen2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default war game of tank

Hi do you guys have a anuual "party" of tanks?
I 'm talking to a manufacturer now to develop a new kind of tank. Tank for war game, the idea is follow:

1, it will shoot paintball BB. so its easy to identify whether you are shot or not.
2, it will shoot 60yards instead of 30yards nowaday
3, many players will play a war game in a larger area, maybe one mile or two miles large area.
so, the the range of wireless camera should be over one mile, and the range of RC should be over one mile as well.

tens of tanks or even hundreds of tanks can play together.
In this way we can play some famous battle in WWII, every tank has a number on front/side/back, for example, when you shot a enemy tank you can call "judge": "report, No. 136 shot", then the judge will call No. 136 to quit, and after it quit, they will check the body of tank, if find no paintball sign, you will be punished as liar. if indeed it got shot, then they clean the paint and rejoin in the next battle.
we can fight as tank devision or tank company, hundreds of tanks will fight in a large area.
we can also make some rules, like tiger must be shot twice(as it has heavy armor) to be destoried, but tiger can only drive slowly and short range...

I'm talking to a factory now, obviously the following changes need to be down:
1, more powerfull gun and shoot paintball
2, long range RC and wireless camera so we can play by tank divisions, hundreds of tanks, not several tanks.
3, the gun needs to turn much slowly so it can aim more accurate. now most gun turn too much quickly and its hard to aim.

any ideas?

Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 AM
yugen2007

Default RE: war game of tank

I need to make the factory trust that there is a martket, so they would like to develop new tanks.
Aslo, did some one make a regulation for "war game"? also, an orgnization needs to be established, and make some rules, and list the requests, so the factory will produce new RC tank according to the list.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 AM
mariomart

Hi yugen2007,

It seems to be a pretty big ask to have a factory go to so much trouble for such a niche market. The factory would have to be pretty committed for such an endeavor, I couldnt imagine the cost involved in R&D for such a task. There are a lot of technical hurdles that would need to be overcome. Having "100's" of tanks operating at the same time would be a frequency sharing nightmare, bearing in mind that wireless camera systems can cause cross interference as well. Many countries (such as Australia) prohibit the use of paint ball and airsoft gun systems, licensing issues would be problematic.

I'm not against the idea, I just think that the amount of effort and cost required by a company would have to be offset by a very high cost to the consumer. A lot of people baulk at the cost of Tamiya tanks and their associated TBC system, I couldn't even fathom the cost of such a system for what you propose.

My 2 cents worth.

Cheers Mario
Old 08-09-2007, 02:09 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a nice pipe deam, but the cost involved, both to the company and user would be too much. Danville Tank museum has a fantastic setup and probably as close as you are going to get to your idea. Even at that, combat only pits 4 against 4 and for more operating tanks, a place would have to be bigger. The idea is nice though.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:40 AM
yugen2007

I understand your concern,
well, there is a new tech. named "multi channel" which allows 256 RC tanks play together. and the range is over one mile, its cost only $25
Old 08-09-2007, 03:07 AM
mariomart

Hi yugen2007,

I am very interested in this "multi channel" technology for $25.00. Do you have any web links and extra information you can share? If it is as cheap as you suggest I would be very interested.

Cheers Mario
Old 08-09-2007, 04:29 AM
yugen2007

I'm a Japanese and now I work in China, the following is the website for the Chinese company,
I'm sorry its Chinese no English version, but you can see the price: 85 in red colore, also there is a picture.
its China money 85, its about US$15, the price is for the main part, so plus other little parts, its less than $25.
the website:
http://cache.baidu.com/c?word=fe%3B%...90e&user=baidu

you can copy it then paste it, sorry no English version. Try can you open that website?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:38 AM
yugen2007

But I don't know whether they are cheaters and how good is their quality, you know the quality of those things "made in China"

Meanwhile, guys pls do me a favor, Now I'm working on a website for a Chinese fiber optic company, they said peoples out of China could not open the website, so they will not pay me, [] I think they are cheating me, too much cheaters in China, [:@]
Could you guys try to open the website: www.e-spec.com.cn ? I don't belive what they told me, peoples out of China should be able to open it. I have been working on this website for one month, they must pay me.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:50 AM
Plastic scouser

Hi Yugen2007 i can access the website you have been working on i live in the U.K.

Cheers Ian
Old 08-09-2007, 05:05 AM
mariomart

Hi yugen2007,

No problems accessing the site from Australia. I must add that I found many grammatical errors and problems with the English translation, I hope I am not offending you with this critique. I do realise that English could be your second (or third ) language and these issues often surface due to this.

Thanks for the information about the multi channel stuff. Now I just have to learn another language to read it

Cheers Mario
Old 08-09-2007, 05:12 AM
yugen2007

Thank you Plastic scouser, so they are trying to cheat me, [&o]
I don't know how many peoples cheated by Chinese companies.
Well I guess they company said RC for only $15 might cheat "a little" too,
you know its their game rule, if the range of RC is one mile, they will say two miles, if its two miles, they will say three miles.
thats the way Chinese companies work, always a discount.

so, they introduce that RC "Multi channel" system can work for over two miles, and for 256 players together,
I think it might be one mile, and maybe 150 players something like that.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:13 AM
mariomart

I had a quick read of a Google translation of the page. A very exciting product with fantastic range (3 kilometers). I will keep my eye on your posts yugen2007.

Cheers Mario
Old 08-09-2007, 05:17 AM
yugen2007

thank you mariomart,
one of the Chinese translator told me its the best English version he has ever seen, "perfect English" he said, but you English speaker know the truth.
Well, I will talk to some factories, if they refuse, I will do it by myself. I will keep you guys informed
Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 AM
yugen2007

mariomart,

Pls be reminded there is always a discount when you are handling Chinese companies, its their game rule,
so they say three km. it might be only 1.5 km something like that
Old 08-09-2007, 05:24 AM
mariomart

Errr.... So their price of US$15 is actually US$7.50 ???????? Cool!!!

Just kidding

It's a pity it doesn't work that way

Cheers Mario
Old 08-09-2007, 10:38 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A search of the forum will reveal my previous idea for tank battling.

To recap:

Basically it's capture the flag. Capture your opponents flag with your gun barrel and bring it back across your lines.

Guns modified to break paintballs against a hard vertical surface from 20 feet. (13 attained so far)

Wireless cameras

2 hits on glacis or mantlet for a kill, 1 hit to sides or rear for a kill.

Platoon sized engagements, at present only 4 HL S&S different crystals available +3 in aftermarket for 7 tanks to battle in USA legally.

Players sit at table operating tanks through their monitors, referee wearing safety glasses monitors hits.

Field size would be within range of tank about 150-175 feet x 50-75 feet, town in center with bridges at either end and river or marsh splitting the field. Heavily wooded at the ends.

The paintballs I was testing were very high quality, a lower quality one was recently discovered that the guns could break from 30 feet with a stock gun if memory serves (those guys can chime in). 3 on 3 is a little light, 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 would be better if you can get enough players together. However at this time, custom crystals would have to be made as only 7 frequencies are available to players in USA, legally.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:45 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Website comes up fine from USA. The gramatical usage of English is incorrect as said previously.

The spelling of the English is correct but tenses and sentence structure is wrong. It is challenging for an English speaker to read!

Check to see your client is using the correct browser/version/software to view it!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:51 PM
killick64

We accessed the Website from Central Canada too! Just to let you know.....And we've got PLENTY of room for "tank battles" here.......The German Army used to practise over here with "Real" Leopards!! (We still do, with "ours"....)

Paul McD.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:56 AM
The_Stuff

konichiwa from Saskatchewan Canada!

The battle system is interesting. I also like that it is cheap $$.

I hope to hear more about this battle system.

and for Yugen2007:

yugen2007ใ€ใ‚ฟใƒณใ‚ฏๆˆฆใ„ใ‚ทใ‚นใƒ†ใƒ ใฎๅ‚่€ƒ่ณ ‡ๆ–™ใซ้–ขใ—ใฆใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ€‚ ็งใฏ่€ƒใˆใซ้žๅธธใซ่ˆˆๅ‘ณใŒใ‚ใ‚‹ใ€‚ ็งใฏๆˆฆใ„ใ‚ทใ‚นใƒ†ใƒ ใŒๅƒใใฎใ‚’่ฆ‹ใŸใ„ใ จๆ€ใ†ใ€‚ ็ง้”ใ‚’้€ฒๆ*ฉใง็Ÿฅใ‚‰ใ›ใฆใŠใใชใ•ใ„ใ€‚ ใ‚ใ‚ŠใŒใจใ†ใ€‚
Old 08-11-2007, 12:22 AM
yugen2007

The_Stuff, obviously you speak Japanese is better than I speak English I can see but can not type[]

the main problem is the aim system, as a dude said above, a tank shoots another tank 15 yards away, I think if shoots a tank 50 yards away, thats more fun and more like a real tank battle, , now the normal BB gun can shoot 30yards, so 50 yards is not a big problem I assume, but how to aim? do you aim by the wireless camera, or a laser pointer? I personally prefer wireless camera.