Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Fraud on eBay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
BAGB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fraud on eBay?

Hello,

I bought a very expensive RC car by mistake on German eBay ecently. I live in Sweden and I miscalculated the exchange rate and ended up with a $2000 car!. About 10 times more than expected. [:'(]

It was a Buy-now auction and the money was drawn from my account in a split second. Of course I e-mailed the seller at once and explained my situation and that it was a mistake. But he showed me no mercy. I even talked to his mother! But still no mercy. I even offered him to keep the car and $300, but with the same result – No![:@]

Ruined I wonder what is a correct market value of this –97 nitro Kyosho mini-cooper kit . New in the box with all parts included, and in perfect condition.

Anyone who know?.

By the way, It’s an extremely nice car!.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33846.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	774233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60746.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	774234  
Old 10-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Drift Noob

Default RE: Fraud on eBay?

I'd really hate to be in your position... but dude... owned.

That's a problem with world-wide auction sites... :/
Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 PM
performancehobbies

OMG!!!!

wow not worth 2000 but if its new in factory condition in plastic maybe worth like 600 or so ...

man sucks ,, thats more of a collector style car ,,,,,jeez i feel bad for ya ...
i wonder if you could take that up with e bay....i would try something ---it was a simple mistake...i would tell my credit card company that it was fraud....2000 for something not near that worth constitutes a legal issue in my mind..

try the market on this forum atleast you could find out a little more info on the seller in the future..
Old 10-01-2007, 02:20 PM
RCtruckRacer

Ruined I wonder what is a correct market value of this –97 nitro Kyosho mini-cooper kit . New in the box with all parts included, and in perfect condition
Dang, that really blows. I looked up a similar auction on the US bay site. An MK 1 MG B sold for $288.00 US coin. Still in the box with everything wrapped up just like your mini cooper. Sorry man.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Nick2618

why did you pay? The worse thing that could happen to you is ebay cancel your account... When you transfered the money with paypal i assume it should have told oyu how much of your money you where sending and you could have stopped payment right then...

Old 10-01-2007, 02:58 PM
BAGB

""why did you pay? The worse thing that could happen to you is ebay cancel your account... "

As I said I miscalcluated the exchange rate. The Pay-Pal transfering was in EURO, we have swedish Kronor in Sweden.
It was late and I was tired..

Old 10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
DCLINE

Too bad dude, but you have to pay attention to the details! I feel for you......I does not sound like a scam unless the price was mis-leading. was it listed as Buy it Now for XX amount in EURO's? If the price was stated clearly and in what currency..........
Old 10-01-2007, 05:01 PM
BAGB

The price was so unrealistic high that it was like made for someone to make a mistake like mine. It differs a factor 10 between Euro and Swedish krona.

Nevertheless I confess I made a mistake! But should I suffer a penalty of maybe $2000?.

I mean I caused no harm to the seller and 5 min after the deal I mailed him and offered him $150 for his inconvieience and for him to keep the car. Later I offered him much more, but he was not interested.

I think maybe this is his business stretegy, waiting for a looser like me[&o]

Old 10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: BAGB
Nevertheless I confess I made a mistake! But should I suffer a penalty of maybe $2000?.
[&o]
No, but unless you paid by credit card it's going to be really hard to get your money back. If it was by credit card then call them up and explain the mistake. Otherwise chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
jatoracing33

something tells me you should get your money back, yet something tells me no
Old 10-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Nick2618

drevil is right. You cant do anything. It was a learning experiance and move on. Like i said before ebay is full of them. People make listing for superhigh buy it nows and keep relisting it until someone buys it. I even thought of doing it my self. But the ebay fees would suck because you have to keep listing it. But on the other hand you could get a couple hundred dollars for free.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Anibal
Banned

hahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaah ahaha
Old 10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
hands without shadows

I think the best you can do now is hide it in the back of the attic and try to forget about it. Someday it will be worth more than you paid for it [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
jatoracing33

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

I think the best you can do now is hide it in the back of the attic and try to forget about it. Someday it will be worth more than you paid for it [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

when cars fly[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:31 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

It plainly states in ebay polices and rules once you make a bid or buy it now it is a binding contract just like if you signed your name on the dotted line of any contract. I do think it is pretty bad the seller would not work with you. Live and learn.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:41 PM
MadDogRC

WAIT, DID YOU SAY YOU TALKED TO HIS MOTHER??? how old is the seller? if he is UNDER 18 you can contact eBay and they will force him to pay you back and then they will ban his kiddy butt. it's a law that u have to be 18 or over to use ebay.

HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK GETTING THE BLING CASH BACK!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
MadDogRC

please post a reply post if my idea helps you
Old 10-02-2007, 12:09 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: MadDogRC

WAIT, DID YOU SAY YOU TALKED TO HIS MOTHER??? how old is the seller? if he is UNDER 18 you can contact eBay and they will force him to pay you back and then they will ban his kiddy butt. it's a law that u have to be 18 or over to use ebay.

HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK GETTING THE BLING CASH BACK!!!
You are correct but since the mother isn't going along with it there is no way for ebay to prove the seller is under 18. You have to realize that he must have used his mother's credit card to become a seller to begin with. So for all ebay knows his mother is the official seller.

I don't think it's much surprise that the seller won't work with him because it's pretty obvious he did this on purpose.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:55 AM
MadDogRC

just give some proof like the quote 'i even talked to the guys mother' which must mean he is under 18 cause what 18 or over guy would have their mothers talk for them, lol

just fill out the form on ebay to report an underage user and get a friend's ebay name to use as a referral to prove this kid is underage. but make sure you let ebay know that he screwed you over first and that you demand your money back. you have his bank details and all, call up his bank and report him or report him to the cops.

thing is if your under 18 too and bought the car off ebay then your sorta screwed, lol

lol, just say you didnt get it and want your money back
Old 10-02-2007, 01:57 AM
MadDogRC

also since when did you need a credit card to become a seller? i'm 16 and sell and buy crap on ebay, lol. i get ebay fees charged to my key card account and all is fine
Old 10-02-2007, 02:07 AM
chickenfart

some people just don't read the listing very well also, I recently had a guy from sweden wanting me to send him a parcel, he wanted it through paypal to cover his arse, then cracked it when I put its value down as what he payed and not the $10 he wanted me to put so he could avoid stamp duty[:@]
Old 10-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Gado

how about a link to the auction?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 AM
yokomo_drifter

had same ebay problem if you used paypal make a complaint then go after ebay personnel trust me youll get your money back......or just go to your bank and explain to them to situation at hand and they can pull it back out of the account it went to.........just my silver-dollar
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 AM
fat1

file a claim with paypal, or call your credit card or deit card company and tell them it's fraud. tell them you thought it was a 24k gold replica or something. In the end, its fraud. If I try to sell you a book of matches for $200 even if I dont lie about it, its fraud. check the law.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Suprachrgd82

One thing, I don't understand is how it immediately sent payment. You have to jump thru some hoops an YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY CLICK THE "PAY" BUTTON.

Why in the world did you click it????

Also, PayPal does not allow transfers of over $500. How did this happen???

ORIGINAL: BAGB
......It was a Buy-now auction and the money was drawn from my account in a split second.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.