Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

most exciting moment you've had in R/C

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

most exciting moment you've had in R/C

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:35 PM
redfox03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most exciting moment you've had in R/C

What has been the most exciting moment you've had in r/c? doesn't matter if you were bashing and hit that big jump at the playground and flew over the jungle gym or you were in a race fighting for the top spot. mine was at the track a few weeks ago with my st-1. it was my first day at the track with it and i was just running it box stock, except for the diff fluid. the stock switch harness was shorting out, so when i'd go full throttle the carb would stick because the power kept shutting off to my servos. so i was going down the straight WOT and then let off the gas but the truggy kept going. it hit the track barrier which is some pipes and a tarp looking thing and caught about ten feet of air and landed on it's lid. everyone at the track thought i did this on purpose, but they were wrong. the crazy part is it happend TWICE in the same day, but the second time it landed on all four wheels. talk about a tough truggy.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:46 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: most exciting moment you've had in R/C

They had this event here in Germany last year, where you could get in free if you brought your trucks and participated.. Up to that point I'd only ever really driven on my own out in a park somewhere.. I thought screw it though I've spent so much money on these things I might as well go put it on the line. I'd been there the day before and seen who was there, what they had for trucks, etc.. Most of the guys were sponsored I think, with all the top stuff.. I rocked up with a bone-stock Savage 25 with a blown front diff - BUT, a shiny new Porsche Cayenne body(the real Cayennes are made here.. - thought I'd get some local sympathy if I looked too pathetic against all the RB powered ST-R's, way tuned-up Savies and LST2's, etc..), and a stock Hot Bodies Lighting GT... When I walked into the place there was dried grass and dirt clumps falling out of my trucks..

In the end it was a blast.. Across from this bash area was a race track, where most of the people were.. But as soon as somebody started an engine in our area, there were hundreds of noses planted along the fence... Here I was with these beat-up old dirty stock RTR trucks, next to all these sponsored guys with RB engines and whatever you want, but in the end I did allright I think..

At one point I fried a steering servo in my LGT, and as I sat there working on replacing it, a light shined on me and I looked up and saw a big TV-station camera on me.. Couldn't replace the d.amn servo fast enough though to get running againg and get on TV...

Here the vids..

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...iftDaySavy.flv

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...riftDayLGT.flv

Old 10-02-2007, 03:24 PM
krazor

probably starting my MGT for the fist time in the living room full WOT

id had my transmitter set backwards so had set the failsafe to open the throttle turned the transmitter off so the failsafe kept the brakes on and started her up .................... you wouldnt believe how fast that thing shot off the table and filled the room with eye stinging smoke

the poor dog jumped on the chair and tryed to climb the wall the cat shot out the window and didnt come back for hours and i cacked my nice new pants
Old 10-02-2007, 05:05 PM
cen123

I don't know if this is actually exciting........more of really bad..........and lucky I was just breaking in my CEN CT5 and this was my first nitro. The reciever of the car was off and it just went full speed into a wall!!!!!!!! Luckily (I don't blame you if you don't believe me) it went stright into a corner of the wall. This corner of the curb had a pile of dirt against it and the car actually used the dirt to launch of the curb!!!!!!!!! NO DAMAGE
Old 10-02-2007, 05:14 PM
adam-69

haha that was lucky..
Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
cen123

I forgot to add something. It was about 1-2 feet away from going into the sewer.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:20 PM
adam-69

very lucky.. lmao
Old 10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watching my truck fly off the track into the grass at WOT after a guy hit my truck.

Not fun, but exciting.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
cheech4

mine is pretty simple, i get a kick every time i smoke my friends jato 3.3 with my Xray T2, and MM6900 powered MF2
Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Jumping over my 1/6 scale buggy as it blasted toward me at top speed. [X(]

23lb buggy + bare ankles + 40mph = Priceless
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: drevil

Jumping over my 1/6 scale buggy as it blasted toward me at top speed. [X(]

23lb buggy + bare ankles + 40mph = Priceless
that reminds me. I was drivng my jato like in a park type area with rough terrain and trees. and some girl wanted me to go full throttle right at her so she could jump over it... All i could picture was a unpredicatable wheelie caused by jato power or rough terrain and come up and brake her leg or something. Needless to say i was no like NO!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 PM
redfox03

got some pretty cool moments on here. patrickbw, is that you catchin some sick air in that pic?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:25 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup.. My good ole' Savy 25..

(RIP..)
Old 10-03-2007, 01:42 AM
1FSTAMG

most exciting moment so far? getting the hand-me-down RC10GT with OS .18 to start and stay running 10 minutes ago for the first time. This is even after the hobby shop had it for 3 days trying to get it going and finally gave up.

I've never in my life started/driven/touched a Nitro R/C car and my little brother just moved away and gave me this RC10GT Plus RTR that he got used a few years ago. When he gave it to me, the fuel in the tank/lines/carb was all gel'd up and i don't have a clue about it. So I took it to the local hobby shop and said, "do what you need to get it running and tuned." They called 3 days later and said that they could get it to start but it wouldn't stay running. Said they set everything back to stock settings, disassembled the motor and carb, cleaned everything and still couldn't figure it out.

Well, I got to thinking tonight, maybe the "stock" settings aren't correct, since it's not a "stock" motor. So i busted out the manual and followed the instructions/settings for break-in. Lo and behold....it started, stayed running......and running and running....

It's almost midnight here and I was in my closed garage, so I didn't drive it around at all, just let it idle for a while and goosed it a time or two.

Tomorrow I'll really get down and dirty with it.

But....I'm pretty excited that I got it running. Not sure that I'll be going back to that hobby shop though.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:48 AM
1FSTAMG

duplicate post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:16 PM
redfox03

i remember when i got my first nitro two years ago, an HPI MT2. the first time i got it started and seem that first plume of smoke come out the exhaust i was hooked. the first time i leaned the engine out a little and really seen the engine perform was something i won't forget. that was two years ago, and now i have 5 R/C's and the collection is still growing.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Suprachrgd82

I'm suck a geek. This is mine:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58397
Old 10-03-2007, 05:59 PM
GYNAIKAS

Definately my first win at an official racing event...more have come since then but first time is always the best!!! Here's my favorite picture...it's me at first place and my best friend George at the 3rd place...just when we entered the pontium...just before we get our cups...the one and only moment between excitement and glory!!! And nothing better than sharing the glory with your best friend!

EDIT: The picture is 6 years old and then I was racing with a V-one R series touring car.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59618.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	775963  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:04 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

First year of racing this past year and running the Georgia Championship Series which was 8 rounds. Finishing in 10th place in my class getting my plaque and money at the awards ceremony. Not to bad for an old fart with bad eyes. LOL
Old 10-04-2007, 12:39 AM
s7jstep1

probably the first time i drove my revo, or t4 with brushless mm5700, or the time my cousins t maxx had a runaway
Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
calvino

um, probabaly has to be purchasing the RC18MT, and driving it, not a real racer, but may at a later time upgrade it, AMAZING jump pic[X(]
Old 10-06-2007, 08:46 PM
GYNAIKAS

I wonder how lucky he was to take a pic at that angle while car is flying!!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:11 PM
nitrohead5300

My most exciting moment was when I purchased my first 1/8 scale onroad car back in the early 90's and hearing it shift into second . It was a Bmt Blitz ,4 wheel drive with a 2 speed. Fast nice handling car I flogged the heck out of it before I finally worn it out.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:38 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: GYNAIKAS

I wonder how lucky he was to take a pic at that angle while car is flying!!!!
I dunno, I do know to get that kind of image in the lighting that I see in the pic is prob prety hard, low light + high speed exposure = not so great image, loved the buggy + bare ankes = priceless (aka, call an ambulance )
Old 10-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Anibal
Banned

[>:]most exciting for me was when I was racing my hyper 7 and I lost control....it drove off the track to the benches and everone was moving out of the way![8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.