Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Some person seems to be starting some sort of local anti-RC campaign

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Some person seems to be starting some sort of local anti-RC campaign

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:21 AM
e-sailpilot86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some person seems to be starting some sort of local anti-RC campaign

I don't live in the region/district that is being brought up here.
It claims to be supported by some association called Noise Free America. The video was just added yesterday, I'm probably the 3rd person to view it. I noticed some person making nasty comments on another video of some R/C plane that lost a wing. I clicked his profile and that's how I found out about him. (here's where I saw his comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-qTjuBRD6M ) Now, I don't want any gripes against me for bringing this video up. It's out there, and there is no logical reason to tell you any later, to let someone else post about it later, or to not mention it at all. This is one of the first of it's kind I've seen to such an extreme. Yes, unfortunately I'm getting this guy publicity by bringing it up here, but if damage is going to be done, it's best to combat the vocal minority by knowing about it as soon as possible, and I cannot "slip it under the table" to people out in RCU. Democracy fails without opposition, (while dictatorships thrive yadda yadda... you know what I mean). We have to know about it whether we like it or not. Hopefully this turns into nothing. I will not comment any further on this, I don't want anything to do with what will be discussed here because I can just see how this will go.

http://www.youtube.com/user/therealstory111

Another comment reads:
"Whats the purpose? YOU never served in WW2 and never will. The only reason you do this is to stay away from your wife whos tired of your abuse. Get a life power guy. Your son called and said he never wants to talk you ever again (censored) you...child abuser."

I hope this is just one individual with a screw loose. Sounds like whoever it is used to be a pilot. We can get his comments taken down if you report it as spam/inappropriate, but that isn't very likely to happen with the video.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: Some person seems to be starting some sort of local anti-RC campaign

I looked up this Noise free america, they're at P.O. Box 1551, Madison, Wisconsin 53701, 877-NOISE-NO(877-664-7366), [email protected] . This, at first glance, appears to be some crazed extremist. I didn't find anything about this on the above group's site, (I didn't read everything though). I wouldn't want to get them started on us so I didn't contact anyone at that organization, (wouldn't want to give them any ideas).
Old 10-29-2007, 07:32 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Some person seems to be starting some sort of local anti-RC campaign

I think I remember a discussion about this guy here on RCU a while back....

DOn't know if it is the same deal....
but a guy was "asked to leave a club" due to unsafe flying.... he then tried to get the club shut down saying that the pilots were all flying over a kids soccer field...even though it was proven that they weren't.....

not sure what happened with that... or if this is even the same guy.........

either way... its a good reminder that one vocal person can cause some serious headaches
Old 10-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

I think I remember a discussion about this guy here on RCU a while back....

DOn't know if it is the same deal....
but a guy was "asked to leave a club" due to unsafe flying.... he then tried to get the club shut down saying that the pilots were all flying over a kids soccer field...even though it was proven that they weren't.....

not sure what happened with that... or if this is even the same guy.........

either way... its a good reminder that one vocal person can cause some serious headaches
Well you can say one thing, Texas has no competition when it comes to who has the biggest whatevers.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM
KidEpoxy

Oh yeah, I remember that guy... GasdaysRgone or some hooey.

Drew a map of a runway next to a street, with the end just 1 width from the street and a school right across the street. Also had houses a hundred feet away from the strip when they were really thousand plus. A quick couple of GoogleEarths and we had that guy wrapped up in a SmallPackage.

Didnt he say he was some kind of non-ama competitor/champion(?) too? Because he flew so much better than everyone else in club/texas/world.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Tommygun

It's just some psycho; I wouldn't worry about him.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tommygun

It's just some psycho; I wouldn't worry about him.
The problem with that mindset is that it is the psycho that you had best worry about. Look at what the psycho from Austria was able to accomplish 70 or so years ago. There are always those who will listen and buy-in to what these idiots have to say.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 10-29-2007, 11:43 PM
montanafordguy

A friend of mine just found this thread and had me read it. This nutjob is attacking my Youtube site. [link=http://youtube.com/watch?v=788xp1GKH3A]My P51 Youtube[/link]

He's got some real issues.

Mike Weiland
Old 10-30-2007, 12:24 AM
NorfolkSouthern

Because no gas guy can ever fly a gider. This is because they have no faith. People like this are negative and abusive if you over 60 years old you are one if them. Been in 3 clubs they are all the same.
I hope you didn't mind my borrowing a quote this guy made on your video, montanafordguy. But, I do believe I've read about him where he had an electric glider, bragged about how difficult it was to fly and the technical expertise required to set it up. And of course, he was in Texas. He got kicked out of that club because he was flying in prohibited areas with his glider. Oh, and they did give him some credit for his skills at the sticks. Yup, looks like KidEpoxy has it all figured out. Talk about a man on a mission!

NorfolkSouthern
Old 10-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Tommygun

Sounds like a typical paranoid schizophrenic. Maybe someone really did slap his head and ***** together at a club field, but from the sounds of it I'd bet it was for a good reason. While he doesn't sound completely harmless (think shooting spree), he doesn't seem to possess enough charisma to band a group of people together for a common cause.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:10 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

its called trolling. the guy gets attention and likes it enough to bully others into making more comments contrary to what he is stating.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:37 PM
montanafordguy

His comments are commical and almost fun reading. The problem with people like this is that they "snap".... When they snap, I don't want to be around. The thing is that I believe that this guy in "not harmless" I think he's fully capable of hurting someone in retaliation for getting kicked off of a club. I also don't think he has a problem getting kids involved for his purpose. Anyone that goes through what he has in putting together a video to further his cause is dangerous! I think I am going to check into this with some law enforcement. He needs a little talkin too.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:12 PM
gunfighter

He has already been "talked to" by law enforcement!

Last year, He reported to police that pilots at the club he was ejected from were flying over a school and endangering school kids. Police checked it out and found no basis for the complaint, then told him he could go to jail for filing a false police report.

You can look up some of the old threads - his handle was gasdaysaregone.

He just does not take rejection very well!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:34 PM
John Casey
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: gunfighter

Last year, He reported to police that pilots at the club he was ejected from were flying over a school and endangering school kids. Police checked it out and found no basis for the complaint, then told him he could go to jail for filing a false police report.

Its great to know the idots producing false reports about
others will be "tak'en care of " at least in that town.

At the same time this is a good reason the AMA should
review all terminations from AMA chartered clubs to ensure the persons termination was'nt railroaded by a BOD.
As there is nothing more persistant than someone who has been wronged falsely.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:38 PM
montanafordguy

Good point!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: John Casey

review all terminations from AMA chartered clubs to ensure the persons termination was'nt railroaded by a BOD.
As there is nothing more persistant than someone who perceives they have been wronged falsely.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:16 PM
John Casey
Banned

A review by a "knowledgable unbiased third party"would ...
clear up any "MISPERCEPTIONS" by "the accusers" or "accused" and verify the
laws and bylaws as written were truely and correctly followed.

Flight safety is a pretty SUBJECTIVE thing,
espeically when YOU WANT to use it as a "WEAPON".
Old 10-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: John Casey

ORIGINAL: gunfighter

Its great to know the idots producing false reports about
others will be "tak'en care of " at least in that town.

As there is nothing more persistant than someone who has been wronged falsely.
And maybe when they review the case, and find that the club was justified in the termination, the AMA could terminate this person from AMA mambership.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
John Casey
Banned

And if the reverse was found to be true???

What say you then?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:23 PM
John Casey
Banned

I hear crickets chriping....
Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 PM
carlosponti

either the guy was kicked out of a club, rejected from flying park flyers in a fuel powered club or lives next to one that annoys him.

there was something about this guy that reminds me of a guy that lives next to my old club i used to belong to a club in shawnee oklahoma that the neighbor has given them trouble from the start. he complained to the AMA trying to get them shutdown because they flew over his property. the first time he complained they moved the runway but this last time is when he complained to the AMA about it and they had their charter threatened so they are in the process again to move the runway and this time wont be in over his property. the only time they fly over now is on final approach for landing and they didn't realize it. but he had came out onto the field before he wrote AMA with a pistol and threatened them intoxicated.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:26 PM
John Casey
Banned

It would be interesting to HEAR the OTHER side of this story...... before Jumping to ANY Rash conclusions.

I found that few have the gonads to ask the OTHER guy ...."So what's your side of this???" then objectively listen.

Cops do it all time, sometimes locking up the very people
that claim "He's the guy causing all the trouble", when after hearing what went on,
its really the people that called them that are causing the trouble, and end up going to jail.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

I'm not involved in this but have been monitoring this for a while. I've worked with the authorities for some time and am familiar with the scenario you describe. This one doesn't quite fit the mold.

Here are some observations I’ve made regarding this individual.

He attacks all aspects of our sport/hobby, everything from the AMA on.
Quote: AMA- A corrupt company that has a monopoly. Only 18 dollars goes to insurance.

He attacks all the individuals in the hobby in a generic fashion and when pressed, refuses to define any instance of a potential infraction with specifics.
Quote: Gas clubs are for old men that swoop over your head when you retrieve a model, no respect at all.

He manufactured an extraordinary situation and still hasn't presented any evidence of its actual occurrence.
Quote: There was a guy who was held down and they put a running plane close to his faceexplain that?
(Seems like we'd have heard more regarding that if it was indeed factual)

Believes the problem is nationwide.
Quote: This is something that goes on nationwide in some cases.

Doesn't have his facts straight.
Quote: Electric can be flown without AMA. If anyone wants to know. Never join a gas club some will give you a tiny place on one side. They will deny use of the runway.

This individual goes on rants.
Quote: Abusers do things to get an emotional high. They do this relieve pain. Many of the things they say they dont even believe. They just have to say it. So realize that people do lie often to get that high. You are not dumb, crazy, or lazy. See theres hope. They are not trying to help you for later in life. Just know this. Its abuse nothing else.
Free counseling available thru messengers yah,Aim,Msn,etc.

Let's look at his favorite videos...
"Think Smoking is Sexy?"
Second-Hand Smoke Kills Public Service Announcement
AFN Commercial - Verbal Abuse
anti verbal abuse campaign original
industrial wind turbine noise

This individual deliberately makes himself hard to associate with or relate to. He also seems frightened to address his concerns, one by one, in a forum discussion.

By sheer virtue of the methodology used to initiate the claims it would seemingly indicate he only wants to frighten others to prove his point.

After listening to his side, as evidenced by the direct quotes above, in my humble opinion, and I’m no expert, I’d objectively say we’ve got a loonytoon on our hands. If however, anyone does go visit this nutball, I’d love to buy the beer, for all interested parties, at the local tavern whilst being entertained with the story/minutes of that meeting.

Besides, this is probably just a kid doing this.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:49 AM
KidEpoxy

John-
If this is the same guy, Gasdays... which we kinda have made that connection...

You guys know I'm usually all for hearing both sides,
but that Gadays guy came in to the AMA forum here,
trolled about 8 or 10 random threads just to say off topic that he is getting clubs shut down,
made wild accusations about one club about why he was kicked out,
claimed to be some non-ama competition champion of electric flying,
made ficticious statements about the school & neighbors complaining,
drew plainly erroneous map diagrams and extremely misrepresented distances,
and generally didnt let fact or logic interfere with his ranting.

He would have more friends here if he hadnt told his side,
his side was incoherant falacies & rant.
I love a good rant now & then, but this guy was wacko.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:33 AM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ATTN Admn. PLEASE delete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.