Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

RealFlight and HoneyBee King2

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

RealFlight and HoneyBee King2

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 AM
makaluch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RealFlight and HoneyBee King2

Which model feels most like the HBK2 in RealFlight?

Oh yeah...I'm on G4, but many 3.5 models work fine.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Druss

Default RE: RealFlight and HoneyBee King2

There is nothing that really flies like the king2, not too many 300 size belt driven heli's without a 3 in 1 out there. Use the axe cp (same size) but it's harder to fly than the king2, if you master it then the king2 will be no problem.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:41 PM
makaluch

Thanks Druss! The Axe CP is my new trainer [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 PM
makaluch

Wow...the Axe CP is a sketchy lil sucker [] I have to go back to the basics and start over....which is never really a bad thing.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Druss

why don't you start with larger ones and work your way down? you download the trex 450se v2 and practice on that one then when you get good at it try the axe cp again.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:14 PM
cltmte

yep, work with the Rex 450. It is probably closer to the hbkII than the Axe. I started with the CP Pro and could barely get it going on the sim. You might be able to tune in a little less tail control on the Rex to be more like the HBKII - not much though.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
jnich

where can one get downloads of various helo for g4 - I am looking for something close to HB FB - thanks

ORIGINAL: Druss

why don't you start with larger ones and work your way down? you download the trex 450se v2 and practice on that one then when you get good at it try the axe cp again.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:27 PM
gnd2

I can fly the blade CP and HBK2 in real life, but in real flight I can't control the Axe CP (or downloaded blade CP) at all. Even the trex 450 model I downloaded feels like more of a handful than the real thing. I've been using the Impala for my orientation and FF practice in the sim.

I have G3.5 so I'm not sure if it's exactly the same, but if you look at the training starting with the basics then moving up through 3D, they each use a different heli that is set up well for the different types of flying. the impala is the first one and is set up for nice stable flight and at the most maybe some loops, not inverted hover or 3D. It's great for just starting out. The next one (can't remember the name of the heli) is more maneuverable and will get you into inverted hover and maybe mild 3D but is a little harder to control. And the third one (again can't remember the name) is more advanced 3D, but again even harder to control for a beginner. I think it's really helpful to follow that progression if you're just learning to fly, just remember that they aren't going to exactly mimic the feel of your hbk2.

Oh ya, if you go into the sim->option menu and select physics in the popup window (again, assuming g4 is the same as 3.5) you can change the "speed" and slow things down an make it easier to get the hang of. Just remember that the real heli is going to react in real time. Before switching from the sim back to the real heli it's suggested that you spend a little time on the sim with it set back to full speed.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Druss

Many ppl have remarked on how real flight is actually harder to fly than real life. I don't mind that as it just makes me that much of a better pilot.