Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

OUTLAW from EXTREME FLIGHT

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

OUTLAW from EXTREME FLIGHT

Old 01-01-2008, 08:11 AM
wryman
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OUTLAW from EXTREME FLIGHT

Just wanted to let the speed freaks know that if you email Chris @ Extreme Flight ( [email protected] ) you can get on the list for the OUTLAW arf. Here is a link to the thread on Flying Giants: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/f...utlaw-arf.html
As it says in the thread they should be here in Feb. (getting on the boat in a few days). I haven't heard a price yet.
Anybody that has seen Jerry Smith fly one of these at Joe Nall or elsewhere should know what an OUTLAW can do.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OUTLAW from EXTREME FLIGHT

link ?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
wryman
My Feedback: (9)

I dont know what happened. Everywhere it said Flying Giants there is just asterisks. That doesnt make any sense, must be a computer glitch. The link is flying Giants and its under "Whats Hot" forum.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:16 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: wryman

I dont know what happened. Everywhere it said Flying Giants there is just asterisks. That doesnt make any sense, must be a computer glitch. The link is flying Giants and its under "Whats Hot" forum.
Maybe the missing text is a bad word according to the RCU Language Police..?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:24 PM
mmattockx

ORIGINAL: MJD
Maybe the missing text is a bad word according to the RCU Language Police..?
Almost certainly. If it is another site, RCU will usually filter the name out. Redo your link with spaces or dashes between every letter in the offending word and it will usually make it through OK.

Mark
Old 01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Hurry up folks, and hide the women & children. The OUTLAWS are bout to ride into town. Not just any Outlaws, but the long awaited ARF Outlaw!
Yes it's true. Chris Hinson at Extreme Flight RC has been working for months now to bring us this awesome little delta wing in an ARF version, and it'll be hitting the market real soon. I've had the pure pleasure of testing the prototype for several weeks now, and trust me, this is one tough little cookie! Chris and his crew have done an amazing job of producing a really nice and accurate ARF Outlaw, and not without several unique construction designs. Most notable, all of the parts have an interlocking fit, creating an extremely strong structure. I've been flying the prototype harder than ANY of the Outlaws Ive built in recent years, and it's taken on any and every high G, stick slam'n maneuver I could throw at it. I've even driven it straight down, wide open throttle for a thousand feet, then corner the sticks for the patended "Jerry Smith Kentucky Pile Driver". Not even THAT has been enough to break this bird! Short of hitting the ground itself, I dont think anyone will be able to destroy this ARF in the air!!!!!!
Chris has worked very hard to create an ARF Outlaw that matches the shape and performance of the original Jerry Smith Outlaw we've all come to know. He has worked with Jerry himself, and Robert Vess who designed the original air foil for Jerry's original design. After flying this one the past 2 months, I 'm thrilled to say he's got it! Even better, this ARF can go from box to air in two evenings! The only major parts that need glueing are top and bottom fins, and the hinges!
As for weight,,, I weighed my scratch built Outlaw and the ARF with postal scales recently and they were identical! Both planes are set up exactly the same so far as hardware, motor, pipe, servo's etc. ( Webra 32, Macs header, Moose can muff, JR 4721's, 4-40 push rods, 720 ma 5 cell pack, 7 ch rec) Both models tipped at 2 lbs 7 oz.
Chris plans to include a nylon beam style motor mount with the kit, which is by far easier to install, but you can also go the route of Jerry Smiths original and make your own back plate mount, as I do. Also, this version of the Outlaw is Jerry Smith's latest variation, that provides more area in the radio compartment. It also allows for a 6 oz fuel tank. The original only carried 4oz.
All in all, this is one fine ARF, and like ALL of Extreme Flights products, it's high quality.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Strykaas

My mouth is watering ! [sm=regular_smile.gif] Any idea of the price tag ? That could be the only ARF version drawback should we believe you
Old 01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

$149.95 plus shipping is what I was told.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Strykaas

I have tried to rebuild the link with R-C-G-R-O-U-P-S as the main URL, but it did not work. Was it there ?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:51 PM
cncswiss1

[link=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=forums%2Ffg71%2F24212-outlaw-arf.html+&btnG=Google+Search]try this[/link]
Old 01-02-2008, 05:30 PM
evan-RCU

No I asked them when I ordered a couple...
Old 01-02-2008, 05:51 PM
evan-RCU

ORIGINAL: RC Larry-RCU

Hurry up folks, and hide the women & children. The OUTLAWS are bout to ride into town. Not just any Outlaws, but the long awaited ARF Outlaw!
Yes it's true. Chris Hinson at Extreme Flight RC has been working for months now to bring us this awesome little delta wing in an ARF version, and it'll be hitting the market real soon. I've had the pure pleasure of testing the prototype for several weeks now, and trust me, this is one tough little cookie! Chris and his crew have done an amazing job of producing a really nice and accurate ARF Outlaw, and not without several unique construction designs. Most notable, all of the parts have an interlocking fit, creating an extremely strong structure. I've been flying the prototype harder than ANY of the Outlaws Ive built in recent years, and it's taken on any and every high G, stick slam'n maneuver I could throw at it. I've even driven it straight down, wide open throttle for a thousand feet, then corner the sticks for the patended "Jerry Smith Kentucky Pile Driver". Not even THAT has been enough to break this bird! Short of hitting the ground itself, I dont think anyone will be able to destroy this ARF in the air!!!!!!
Chris has worked very hard to create an ARF Outlaw that matches the shape and performance of the original Jerry Smith Outlaw we've all come to know. He has worked with Jerry himself, and Robert Vess who designed the original air foil for Jerry's original design. After flying this one the past 2 months, I 'm thrilled to say he's got it! Even better, this ARF can go from box to air in two evenings! The only major parts that need glueing are top and bottom fins, and the hinges!
As for weight,,, I weighed my scratch built Outlaw and the ARF with postal scales recently and they were identical! Both planes are set up exactly the same so far as hardware, motor, pipe, servo's etc. ( Webra 32, Macs header, Moose can muff, JR 4721's, 4-40 push rods, 720 ma 5 cell pack, 7 ch rec) Both models tipped at 2 lbs 7 oz.
Chris plans to include a nylon beam style motor mount with the kit, which is by far easier to install, but you can also go the route of Jerry Smiths original and make your own back plate mount, as I do. Also, this version of the Outlaw is Jerry Smith's latest variation, that provides more area in the radio compartment. It also allows for a 6 oz fuel tank. The original only carried 4oz.
All in all, this is one fine ARF, and like ALL of Extreme Flights products, it's high quality.

What ever... the outlaws old news, been around for years... what about a twin or on floats?
Old 01-02-2008, 05:52 PM
evan-RCU

Ohh... a biplane Outlaw!!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Strykaas

Thx
Old 01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Hey Evan
Sorry you find the Outlaw "Old News" as you say. It's a great airplane, and people everywhere still find it amazing. As a matter of fact, it won "Peoples Choice" AND "Pilots Choice" awards last year when we flew noon time demo's with them. Funny thing was, they were GIANT SCALE meets!!!! Old news,? Nahhh,,,,,, If that were the case, people would not be flying Caps, Extra's, Edge's. Yaks, and so on. The Outlaw has stood the test of time for a really good reason. It's a GREAT airplane And of course, you undestand the labor and skill involved in building one. It's clear you had/have both. You liked it enough to build a Big'un! Remember the fun you had when you first flew one you built? Well, a LOT of folks have wanted that same thrill with an Outlaw, but didnt have the time or skill to make it happen. Now they can. So come on buddy. Keep the negative comments out of this thread, and be happy for those who can make it happen now
Oh, one more thing. How bout bringing that big Twin Outlaw to this years Fly for Tots event? I think folks would really dig that thing!
Has a really neat look. Kinda looks like a Manta Ray!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
evan-RCU

I was saying it tounge in check seeing who would bite... surprised you remember the twin....

Still have one regular one and fly it regularly, I have another in the bones that was built for the Oraglow, glowin the dark covering Oracover never came out with... and I have two ARFs on order since the begining of November,,,,
Old 01-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: RC Larry-RCU

Hey Evan
...Keep the negative comments out of this thread,...
I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Every thing has it's negatives, including the Outlaw (but I won't rain on your parade), but evan-RCU is not one of them.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Strykaas

but evan-RCU is not one of them
I would even say he regularly promotes it [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-03-2008, 05:23 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Awesome!
Youre really going to like this Outlaw Evan!!!! Another cool thing youre gonna find, is the way he did the top hatch. Normally, it's keyed in with the dowels. I usually angle mine to make it a little easier to rotate in. Chris has gone a step further, and had it done with a tongue and groove fit. You can slide the hatch straight down now, and it has support the whole length. Also, the wing tips are a solid piece of balsa. I've been putting blocks on the leading edge tips for some time, but this is even better. The plane will go together really quick, even if you have some modifications you wanna make. Seeing that youve built a few, I'm sure you have certain preferences also.
And I was serious, give some thought to coming up this September for the Fly for Tots. It's a great fly, for a great cause. The last two years running, we've put up 8 Outlaws at once! Killer noon time demo, and we flew to the music of AC/DCs "Thunder Struck" The crowd loved it, and so did we. Best of all, the King of Outlaws himself, Jerry Smith flies the demo with us. He's a good freind of Robert Vess and I, and it's an honor to to mix it up with him. Get that Charlotte crowd motivated, and bring your butts up here!!

And Mike,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm not in a "Parade",,,,,,,,,,,I'm in the Circus! Havent you heard? The RDRC Traveling Circus!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
flyinrog

I hate to throw another problem in here, but if its really "coming over on the boat" then in a few months a copy will show up on the bay for 1/2 the price...our asian brethren will not adhere to any copyright laws and as soon as the boat is full they will make 30,000 more to sell over here too.......Rog
This is straight from the mouth of an importer of a pattern plane........that got copied
Old 01-04-2008, 11:13 AM
badazzbusa

What's the preferred engine and pipe combination on this bird? Would a Jett .35 be a bullet in this thing?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

The EF aircraft I have owned have been outstanding.... no doubt this one will be as well Can't wait to see one.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Flying freak

To ppl that have not been able to get to the site its : f-l-y-i-n-g-g-i-a-n-t-s
Old 01-04-2008, 12:34 PM
ChuckL
My Feedback: (2)

I have a Jett 35 on mine it is a perfect match to this plane.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:42 PM
evan-RCU

At 11ounces it's a bit heavier than the OS or Webra. Should fly OK though. These are not speed planes though they do go 120-125 well set up. They are really all around fun acrobats. Many paople compare them to a Diamond Dust but they are totally different perfoming planes. The Outlaw has a thicker wing and the big difference is a big verticle stab and rudder letting you do wild spins and snaps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.