Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

imax g192 gyro reveiw

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
paulaballa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default imax g192 gyro reveiw

I had more birds than I did gyros and I didnt like swithing the one I had between models,so I looked around on ebay for a cheap one and there is a guy in hong kong sellin gyro's I have never seen before for $15 and for that kind of pocket change I decided to pick one up to give it a shot.the package said gift on it which was cool,a gift from hong kong.I had to figure out how to mount it and set it up because it didnt really say exactly how to mount it and set up,seems like the gain is for standard and heading hold,the first half of the gain is standard then when you turn the gain uo more it turns into heading hold.the gyro mounts weird I had to mount it 4 ways to get it right first time it was flat like a futaba then I stood it up on end then I had some heading hold servo movements,so I fired up the bird and it was spinning in circles so I thought it needed to be reversed but no reverse swith so i fliped it upside down,then it worked normal but I was getting some tail wag because how the gyro sits strait up it was moving around so I mounted it so it wouldnt move and pick up vibrations.It works ok but I need to turn down or up the gain a bit cus it slowly drifts one way or another,today was my first test and I was able to hover and land so later tonight or tomorrow im going to lower the gain and test again.so far its worth 15 bucks ,if I get a solid hold which I probly will since I got this far I will be very pleased...I will update asap
Old 01-29-2008, 06:11 PM
paulaballa

Default RE: imax g192 gyro reveiw

well I spent alot of time messing with the gain and no matter whats its set at it drifts one way or another,it cant seem to find the middle one click of the trim one way it goes that way,a click on the trim it goes the other way and it just gets worse the more time its on it just wants to go one way or another until the servo is all the way which way its going,unless you correct it with the trim or counter it with the stick movements.It says in the directions to set it like that with the trims and it should work great but it dosnt at least mine is like that.once the trim is set it will stay stable from 5-10 seconds before the servo slowly goes one way,it works but is not safe I think.m going to message the guy I bought it from and ask if I can try another one but I wouldnt recomend buying one because its wont do what it is made to do...at least this one I have
Old 01-29-2008, 06:22 PM
paulaballa

here is what another guy on this forum said I have not tried pluging the gain wire in I didnt think it mattered maybe thats the only way to ajust the gain,I will trty it then update

"I bought a imag g192 too and the only way I can make it work is to plug the gain signal wire into the 6th channel ( wich is a pot on my transmitter). The manual say we can use it with a 4 channel remote, but it doesn't work correctly for me when the gain signal wire is not pluged. The rudder act as relative position instead of absolute position when this wire is not connected. I haven't try it yet on my walkera #22D because I'm waiting some other parts to work separated. "
Old 01-29-2008, 11:11 PM
paulaballa

I hooked the wire to my ch 6 at it basicly controls the gain with the controls just like using a screw driver on the gyro,so no change in gyro holding ability,no gyro ability a gyro will stay in the same direction this is merly a product made by a really smart being maybe located in hong kong that is showing off his electronic creating ability but has not perfected his style of gyro he created and there is like 1 0 or a couple 1's out of place in the programing (bugs) that have to be fixed but he is on the right tack because it does hold sometimes then as soon as there s movement it drifts,but it could be just the one I have
Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
buhojean

This gyro work very well. Just adjust the rudder trim and the HEAD-ING HOLD will be active.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
lordfly

I just got one off ebay. Came from Hong Kong and cost me less than $30 shipped. Since I'm extremely new to RC helicopters and am just learning to hover nose-in, I didn't see the need to spend much more than this on one. It seems to work better than the one that came on my Honey Bee King 2. With the gyro switch on the transmitter down, it took a bit of adjusting (of both the gain on the gyro and the trims on the transmitter), but it seems to stay pointed one direction. I haven't played with it long, but I hovered in the kitchen for about 30 seconds and it stayed pointed at the fridge the whole time. When I flip the gyro switch on the transmitter up though, it doesn't seem to go into rate mode....seems to just spin out of control. Maybe I just haven't played with it enough yet. My recommendation is that you put it in head lock mode, get it set up good, and just leave it there. I'd recommend it to pilots like me, who are just starting out and have had their original gyro crap out on them. For better pilots looking for a great gyro, I think you'll have to spend the extra money and get something else.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 PM
lordfly

After playing with it for a week, I no longer recommend it to anyone. It does work in both rate and HH mode fairly well (although you have to adjust your rudder trim every time you switch from one mode to the other), problem is that it seems far to sensitive to stick inputs. The servo travel hits 100% with the rudder stick at about 30%, leaving you with 70% of your stick that does nothing. Maybe with a better radio you could adjust this, but with the esky radio theres no adjustments. Also, I've noticed that the gain adjustment on the gyro doesn't seem to have any effect. Maybe it would on a 4CH, I don't know. If I were to do it again, I'd say the $30 and put it towards something else. Maybe one of the $60 Telebee ones.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
dditch

I just recieved one I got before reading this review. I know a normal rate gyro is pretty easy to test on the bench w/ a reciever and a servo.
Which way is this servo supposed to be mounted? Label/dial/led side up?

If the gain plug (single wire) is not hooked up to channel 5, is the gyro in simple rate mode (not HH/lock mode)?

Other than the case, this looks like the esky 0704A gyro. Even the description uses the same bad english on it.