Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Differences between Mamba 25, Sidewinder Micro, and Micro Pro Combo sets

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Differences between Mamba 25, Sidewinder Micro, and Micro Pro Combo sets

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:44 AM
shanty140

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between Mamba 25, Sidewinder Micro, and Micro Pro Combo sets

Hey,

I was wondering what are the differences between ESC's. I know that the Mamba 25 is discontinued so I am trying to find one that the same or better then that one. Would I be better going with the Micro Pro or the Sidewinder Micro with a 6800kv motor. What are the differences between them.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:49 AM
thetable

Default RE: Differences between Mamba 25, Sidewinder Micro, and Micro Pro Combo sets

From the looks of things the Micro Sidewinder is the same as the later 25's, and the Micro pro, is the Micro sidewinder with a case and heatsink. I have seen pictures with the case off the MMP, and it looks to be the same.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 AM
pinoyboy

Default RE: Differences between Mamba 25, Sidewinder Micro, and Micro Pro Combo sets

here are the pics thetable is referring to. This is my de-cased MMP next to my burnt mamba 25

if you don't mind not having a case, then go for the sidewinder. You can easily add your own heat sink, just buy the following
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family
Old 05-07-2008, 03:42 PM
thedr
Banned

Since the sidewinder and pro are so new to the market, and literally no one has any real experience with them, why don't you contact Mamba directly and ask them ???
Old 05-07-2008, 11:41 PM
KRO

WOW ! That Mamba 25 is TOAST ! Did you try to run a 4s on it ?

If Novak's new min brushless system is decent then the Mongoose might end up eating the snake ! [X(]
Old 05-08-2008, 12:14 AM
pinoyboy

ORIGINAL: KRO

WOW ! That Mamba 25 is TOAST ! Did you try to run a 4s on it ?

If Novak's new min brushless system is decent then the Mongoose might end up eating the snake ! [X(]
Of course I did! I just use the micro pro on 3S max now. For 4S, I use the Quark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wphcm8Xx_bs

The Mongoose looks nice, but if your not racing competitively, but just bashing, a Mamba or Quark will suit you fine. The Quark is great for bashing and high speed runs. The Mamba is good for those too, but only handles 3S max under warranty.

The thing the mamba has over the Quark is customer service/support. Email Quark at [email protected] or [email protected] . Then contact castle at [email protected]

See who contacts you first. I'll put my money on Castle!
Old 05-08-2008, 12:25 AM
hollylx88

from what i've heard the pro handles 30 or 35 amps continuous vs the 25 amp sidewinder....but don't quote me. and the sidewinder replaced the mamba 25. if it were me, for the pretty small price difference, i'd go with the pro, just for the simple fact that if you want it to, it'll handle more power. i'm running the mamba 25 and i've got no complaints, works great. and i'd recommend it, but like i said, for the price difference why not just upgrade a little?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:00 AM
pinoyboy

ORIGINAL: hollylx88

from what i've heard the pro handles 30 or 35 amps continuous vs the 25 amp sidewinder....but don't quote me. and the sidewinder replaced the mamba 25. if it were me, for the pretty small price difference, i'd go with the pro, just for the simple fact that if you want it to, it'll handle more power. i'm running the mamba 25 and i've got no complaints, works great. and i'd recommend it, but like i said, for the price difference why not just upgrade a little?
The Sidewinder Micro and Mamba Micro board are the same, the only difference is the placement of the blue capacitor. The Mamba micro pro just has a heatsink and plastic case compared to the Sidewinder micro. They both have 35 amp fets. My burnt mamba 25 was the newer redesigned versions, which is the same as the current Sidewinder Micros.

I know this because the older mamba 25s have lots of fets(I think there are 16 fets from pics I've seen when the sticker label is removed). In the pics I've posted, you can see the layout's are the same. There are 3 fets are on each side with the manufacturer number on top of each. I googled them and found the PDF spec sheet reading a current rating of 35amps continuous on it. The fet model is the same on the micro pro and my newer version mamba 25.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:55 AM
KRO

Of course I did! I just use the micro pro on 3S max now. For 4S, I use the Quark
LOL , how long did it last ? I am suprised it didnt thermal and shut down before it fried .....

The thing the mamba has over the Quark is customer service/support. Email Quark at [email protected] or [email protected] . Then contact castle at [email protected]

I've heard rumors that Sky Technologies is out of business ?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
rschoi_75

ORIGINAL: KRO

I've heard rumors that Sky Technologies is out of business ?
The rumor is that they just dropped their Quark USA branch/office. S&K as a company is still in business.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:27 PM
KRO

O.I.C. Thanks .....