Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12Z - Servo Travel Adjustment vs Limit Point Adjustment ? ?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:50 AM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 12Z - Servo Travel Adjustment vs Limit Point Adjustment ? ?

I have a Fut 12Z. I am not sure I fully understand the difference between Servo Travel Adjustment vs Limit Point Adjustment (Page 60 in the manual). When would you use one vs the other ? Thanks. Bob

Old 05-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12Z - Servo Travel Adjustment vs Limit Point Adjustment ? ?

"Travel" is the amount movement you get when you move a control from one extreme to the other. So this is the full movement from one end of stick travel to the other, plus trims; full movement from knob rotation's one end to the other; or a switch from one side to the other.

When you add mixes, such as V-Tail, you can add the travel amount of two channels together. This can cause problems because the servos may try to drive too far for the linkage, control surface, or the servo itself. "Limit" is the maximum amount a channel can move when it is driven above the travel amount by a mixer. Normally, the system defaults are all you need. You can make the Travel and Limit amounts larger or even the same, but it all depends upon how your model needs to be set up.

We usually don't even mess with them because our models work very nicely with the defaults.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:50 PM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 12Z - Servo Travel Adjustment vs Limit Point Adjustment ? ?

Thanks Bax.