Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Project Hard-CORR

Old 05-13-2008, 02:27 PM
mojavemonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Hard-CORR

I'm beginning a new build. Project Hard-CORR. Champion Off Road Racing season is here and after watching the opening weekend in Pomona, Ca. I'm stoked to start a scale pro-4 trophy truck build. Tube frame, staight axle rear....if its made of metal on a 1:1, so will mine.
Plan to start with a nitro capable rearend. I can only think of X-Factor and Mad Force. Looks like RC4WD.Com has got the Mad Force CNC'ed. Perfect. Next I wanna go with Twins. Good power with moderate pricing. Lookin at XTM 457's. They seem to be priced to where 2 won't brake me. Anybody have any input on 457's or suggestion for something else? Then I'll go with a 2 speed tranny. Haven't desided on sealed or open yet. Open will keep things easier but sealed may pay off. Front end I like the Revo steering system with maybe t-maxx a-arms. After that its all tube bending and welding.
Three more days 'till payday and the fun begins. I'll keep photos posted and if any criticism or suggestions I'd love to hear it. But now....I've got dirt to pick outa my teeth. Laters
Old 05-13-2008, 03:52 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Project Hard-CORR

Sounds like a fun project, I would go with Mach 427's for motors. Great reliable motors right there, plenty of power with a nice pipe.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:31 PM
rclynx

Mach 427's can't hold a candle to the 6 port 457's / Mad Force would probably do better because of the exterrior but not the gears, Trans in a 2 speed it depends what size tires your going to run and if your going big the only one thats geared for it is the MMT, backwards of that for gears would probably be the 8.0 MGT....................you really need to make a plan and get your frame and rear end together and go from there. Lots of trial and error go into the unlimited class [:-]
Old 05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
MMT GUNS

XTM 457 budd
Old 05-13-2008, 07:11 PM
rcnitrohead

Very nice.. I remember seeing a thread where a guy scratch built a 1/4-1/5 scale (dont remember) trohpy truck with almost complete scale details. He used dual 4 stroke engines, the works! I hope this build come s out to be awesome I myself will be beginning a scale build soon, its going to be a 1/8 on road. Still bidding on various models on ebay. Good luck with the project! XTM 457 hauls @$$ and is easy to tune[8D]
Old 05-13-2008, 07:13 PM
NitroVenom

Idk I have barley heard of the XTM's.. So I can't imagine what getting parts for them would be like either. I've only heard of good things about the 427. Even 2DMaxLST has been useing them lately for this years race season. And thats after going through like 3 STS 30's. Which we all know are powerhouses.. You guys are gonna have to do a little convincing to get me to like it.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 PM
mojavemonster

Ok. Item one...RCD4WD ships out this axle soon as they recieve money order. I have no specs. All I know is Mad Force Axles are about as wide as my X-Factor. About 11 inches. Once it arrives I'll get a body that will fit then I'll know better what size tires I'll run, RCLYNX. Remember, It's going to be scale(ish)....so once I get one piece the rest will fall into place. You guys seem to like the 457. Thanx for input, NITROVENOM, but I am an XTM fan......and Hobby People is my local shop. So 457 it is.
Anyways heres a dealer pic of my axle.........

One question first. I'm sure 1:1 corr trucks use racing spools but with small scale how is a spool going to handle? Anyone?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48319.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	949026  
Old 05-13-2008, 10:04 PM
rcnitrohead

Just out of curiosity, why is the case off center? Is it give better clearance when taking rocks on the middle of the chassis?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Elite_Tux487

I think it has to do more with where the output shaft from the tranny is.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:43 PM
mojavemonster

Ya ...Elite_Tux is right. I've heard of guys evening up the long side, though. I might end up trying that to help tuck the wheel under the body. We'll see........God I hate waiting for US Mail
Old 05-14-2008, 01:27 PM
DarkFire989

Nice! I have always liked seeing trophy truck builds, since there are not too many. Check out this trophy Truck.
[link]http://www.thorbob.com/baja_project_intro.htm[/link]
Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 PM
mojavemonster

Ok I cry now. I really want this alumi axle but RC4WD all the components to complete the axle. I'm lookin at about 300 and thats not including gears or bearings. And I can't seem to find them anywhere. Not even Kyosho. That leaves me to easter egg hunt for a compatable.
Now in the other hand I can ebay the whole Mad Force truck for 'bout 200. After parting out the radio, engine, etc I can get back 50 - 100. I'm left with an axle plus a spare for about half price.......then I just pretend its metal.
AUUUUUUGH......what to do, what to do.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:08 PM
binaryterror

Or you could contact www.rcpcrawlers.com, and find out when they will be getting these: http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/product.p...&cat=37&page=1

$160 for 2 brand new...
Old 05-14-2008, 08:58 PM
mojavemonster

Okay....done crying. Haven't even got started yet as far as my wallet is conserned and all ready freakin out. Getting the alumi axle...final answer. It would ruin the whole purpose if i got plastic parts. Thanx, BinaryTerror ( sounds like a hacker name ). I did e-mail those dudes at rcpcrawlers ( forgot about those guys ) to see if they would just sell me one axle then I could swap out housings. I'd be lookin at 270ish....complete. That leaves room for beer money.......'cause honestly....I can't set foot in the garage with out cracking one. Thanx Mr.100111010100111100100101010. Ha.....get it?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:18 PM
rcnitrohead

DarkFire posted the build I talked about, that thing is sweet!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:36 PM
mojavemonster

I just visited a thread that got moved from Monster zone to Statium zone. When My rig starts to come together ,with pics and such, some people might say I should be in a large scale zone seeing that it'll be 1:6 scale using an ASGARD ( I haven't used that term since I was in prison ) baja body. Others may say I should be in a Statium / Trophy zone. But before anyone gets upset , this is why I belong here.......I own monsters, I know monsters, I'll be using monster engines as appose to weed wackers, and ONLY MONSTER PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT RUNNING HARD, JUMPING HARD, SPITTEN ROCKS N ALL AROUND KICK BUTT. Amen, Lets have some fun!
Old 05-17-2008, 01:55 PM
mojavemonster

So I was going to run twin .28's......but now i'm thinkin twin 4-stroke airplane engines. Any one know if an airplane engine can handle getting bashed around.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:57 PM
rclynx

Bad thoughts [:@]
Old 05-17-2008, 02:42 PM
mojavemonster

RCLYNX, I know you like the 457's. I'm just thinking of torgue 'cause I'm antisipating my rig to be very heavy. Plus the whole cool factor and deeper more realistic sound gets me excited.
Why bad thought.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:28 AM
rclynx

There not a low end torque engine [&o] now a 4 cycle (not airplane) would do you the most good for low end torque but its impossible if your doing this in a 1/8 or 1/7 or even a 1/6..............you might as well go onto the 1/5 and get it over with but you have to be careful there also. 1/5 is a lot easier to fabricate parts for
Old 05-18-2008, 01:29 PM
mojavemonster

Just talked to the airplane guy at the hobbie shop. The old man brought up some good points. Engine fires once every 4th crank so I'd need a heavy fly wheel. Plus the 4 stroke heads have under sized cooling vaines so I'd have to come up with some sort of cooling system. Forget it. Did check out HPI K4.6 while I was there. I might bump up to these.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:20 PM
jessemxt

Do the monster gt 8.0 engines. They put down huge tq numbers double of a race .21.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:29 PM
rcnitrohead

Yeah, but they probably arent substantially more than a good .28 size and they drink fuel..
Old 05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
mojavemonster

Been tryin to figure what I want to use for a front suspention set up. Was thinking T-Maxx lowers with Revo uppers. I like to whole ball ends idea. Then I was thinking Baja 5b set up but I want to use a 6 inch high profile tire. I don't think I can get a smaller rim to work with that baja system even though I love the way those balls look so real. Well for now I have my solution. My Savage SS , which I haven't driven in almost a year and tried sellin with no luck , just donated her life to the cause. The front set -up is about 80% Hopped up. This will save me some time and money. Anyone need some Savage parts????????
Old 05-19-2008, 06:22 PM
mojavemonster

Was messin around on microsoft paint and came up with this plan. Heres a little teaser of what she will look like.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45722.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	952886  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.