bstrauss -> Senior Product Developer - Helicopters (5/15/2008 6:19 PM)
The Senior Product Developer – Helicopters will work with the Helicopter Category Development Manager to provide for the efficient development and manufacture of high quality proprietary branded r/c helicopter products designed to create and meet the needs and desires of our targeted consumers. In accomplishing this goal, the Senior Product Developer will focus on a superior price/value ratio to ensure that Horizon develops and sources the right quality products with the right features at the right cost to satisfy the intended customer. The Senior Product Developer will work independently on a day-to-day basis to maximize both sales and margin potential as well as develop and promote positive proprietary vendor relationships.
Senior Product Developers are typically knowledgeable in one given subject area, in this case, r/c helicopters. He or she is responsible for practical results based on the previously determined technical direction, and is responsible for significant if not all portions of a given project. Potential economic impact to company (scope of technical element), ability to drive results, and quality of expertise are differentiating factors between this and the Director and Category Development Manager roles.
• Vision/Mission: Understands how the technical element practically interfaces with other technical areas, and how it compares to the technical elements’/business units’ mission.
• Functional Competence: Subject matter knowledgeable with ability to deliver results based on direction provided. Able to connect the dots between the technical and business benefits to the company. Able to research, evaluate, and troubleshoot issues and assist in root cause analysis and resolution. Highly analytical; and detail oriented.
• Execution: Creates functional requirements and manages day-to-day delivery of project output. Monitors progress to goal throughout every phase of the project. Defines project priorities against reality by aligning resources and personal allocations of time to achieve.
• Results Orientation: Impatiently seeks results; and capitalizes aggressively on opportunities for improvement; often acts with imperfect information when opportunities warrant it.
• Staffing: Assists in providing others with subject matter expertise as needed.
• Service Mentality: Continually seeks solutions that serve and support our customers. Assists in solving problems that aren’t necessarily readily apparent for our customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years experience in a product development setting in either the R/C hobby or toy industries. Should also have good knowledge of the R/C industry and significant hands-on experience using R/C products. The well-qualified applicant will be an R/C helicopter expert.
Proficiency with ProEngineer and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
College degree in related field is highly preferred, but must have high school diploma.
Must be self-motivated, capable of multi-tasking, detail-oriented, and able to organize and set work priorities for themselves.
Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization, vendors, and customers.
Should have good proficiency in the use of computers with knowledge in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project applications.
ABOUT HORIZON HOBBY:
Founded in 1985, Horizon Hobby, Inc., http://www.horizonhobby.com, is an international developer, distributor and marketer of radio control (RC) cars, planes, boats and helicopters; model railroad; plastic and die-cast models; and other general hobby products. We are also one of the leading developers of radio control hobby products which include many of the biggest names in the industry, such as Hangar 9 airplanes, E-flite helicopters, Spektrum radios, HobbyZone entry level RC sports and Team Losi cars and trucks.
Horizon Hobby is an employee owned company that is known throughout the hobby industry for its exceptional attention to customers’ needs, outstanding product expertise and, most importantly, integrity.
Interested people should contact Bob Strauss, Corporate Recruiter for Horizon Hobby at email@example.com.