Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Stock up on coolpower 30% heli...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock up on coolpower 30% heli...

My LHS got a letter from morgan fuels saying they are no longer going to make any fuels above 20% nitro due to the shortage. [:@]

Stock up while you can
Old 06-15-2008, 05:07 AM
propnuter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stock up on coolpower 30% heli...

Relax,

Nitromethane comes from China. Due to the Olympic games the chemical factories in China have to shut down from July 1st - October 1st. This is to improve the air quality for the Olympics. So no nitromethane will be coming from China until after that. I would imagine supplies should be back to normal by the end of October. So 30% should be available again at that stage.

Propnuter
Old 06-15-2008, 05:53 AM
kiwir/cer

There are still two refineries in the US that manufacture nitro, and will continue to do so.
It will depend if they can take up the capacity or not.
We only use a miniscual amount compared to industry.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
42etus
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Deathbunny_SG

My LHS got a letter from morgan fuels saying they are no longer going to make any fuels above 20% nitro due to the shortage. [:@]

Stock up while you can

Dd you see said letter? Prolly trying to bolster their short term fuel sales.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

I dont really care if I run 20 or 30 I was just trying to give you guys a heads up because I know lots of ys heads like 30% heli. I am friends with the owner of the lhs and he knows I usualy run 30% so he warned me when he got the letter. The rc industry only using a small percent of the nitro supply or not doesnt change the fact that there is a shortage and due to that shortage morgan is not going to be producing anything above 20% nitro. How long the shortage will last and if morgan will bring back the > 20% is beyond me... I realy doubt they stoped making high nitro fuels to "bolster short term fuel sales". The letter wasn't ment for consumers it was sent to thier resellers so they know that the product line is changing
Old 06-15-2008, 04:58 PM
cooperd

ORIGINAL: 42etus

ORIGINAL: Deathbunny_SG

Stock up while you can

Dd you see said letter? Prolly trying to bolster their short term fuel sales.

Don't need to see the letter to prove what he said! NHRA drag people have been talking about this for the past few weeks. My LHS said he is seeing price increases of $5 to $Eight per gallon for model fuel.

For you young folks, get used to it...it's called INFLATION and it is hitting big time!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:50 PM
mjfrederick

The shortage/price increase has nothing to do with inflation. Chinese officials want their country to appear clean for the Olympic games. They shut down the chemical plant that supplied a large portion of the worldwide nitro supply. Last I heard, the plant is to re-open in October, when the supply should return to normal.