Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Gary Allen 1/4 Scale Fokker D-VII

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Gary Allen 1/4 Scale Fokker D-VII

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:37 PM
flying wires
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gary Allen 1/4 Scale Fokker D-VII

I have started to build the Gary Allen designed ¼ scale Fokker D-VII, the plans are from / available thru M.A.N. I have worked with Ed @ Laser Works to produce a laser cut short kit for this plane. The laser cutting is right on and of the best quality. I have also obtain some scale goodies from Glenn(GTM) also, scale Fokker aluminum stream-line tubing, seat, ammo box and various strut and scale Fokker hinges. I will also be using his 4 color Lozenge covering. I’m modeling the D-VII after the reproduction plane built by the folks @ Memorial Flight, Ernst Udet’s F 4400/18. Enclosed are a few photo’s of the laser short kit if anyone is interested and a profile of the plane I’m modeling. I’m currently finishing up the fuse sides and will post some more photos soon, there are so many good D-VII builds plus the lack of time I plan on keeping this build thread “light-weight” so to speak. Will post updates when time permits. A few URL’s are:
Ed @ Laser Works- http://www.lazer-works.com/main.html
Glenn (GTM)- http://www.flygtm.com/
Memorial Flight- http://memorial.flight.free.fr/fokkerDVIIuk.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14952.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	991582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65377.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	991583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18488.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	991584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs51686.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	991585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kv15546.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	991586  
The following users liked this post:
dee333 (08-21-2020)
Old 08-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Stachel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gary Allen 1/4 Scale Fokker D-VII

Hi Flying Wires,
That looks like a nice kit. He doesn't list this in the catalog, does he produce it if you ask him? I just got the parts for a 1/4 scale Siemens D.III from him.
Lyle
Old 08-24-2008, 09:31 PM
flying wires
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, he will laser cut the short kit for anyone. I have a short kit with some accessories for $200.00.
Send me a email or PM if you like.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Madman

I am setting up to build this plane from these plans but have a couple of issues with the wing ribs. No template for the #1 rib! I assume it is the same as #2 with some (what) differences? Where is the template for the tip rib, #13, not the #12 rib. Thank you.

Stephen
Old 12-31-2008, 11:18 PM
emearg

On the plan W2 shows the last part of the TE cut off. That is W1.

The main wing sheet shows the ribs for the left side of the top wing labelled wrongly. The right side is correct and matches the ribs on the ribs sheet.

My question for people is that jig for the bottom wing appears to be incorrect. It makes the bottom of the lower wing flat. Looking at three views of the DVII the top of each wing is flat, with the bottoms raising up, not the other way round which is how the plan seems to be??

Looking at photos of Gary Allen built models the bottom wing appears to be incorrect, and appear to have been build using the jig shown.

Has any body else noticed this? Is this an error with Gary's design if one is trying to be a purist? Has anybody worked around this problem?

Suggestions and advice welcomed...