Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Turborix 2.4 Ghz 6 Channel radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 AM
TommyWatson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turborix 2.4 Ghz 6 Channel radio

Has anyone seen or used the new Turborix 2.4 radio. Ok, it is a chinese low cost radio, but the price is right US$42 for TX and RX. I will give it a try in one of my old models.

avilable from

http://www.r2hobbies.com/

Regards

Old 11-13-2008, 04:51 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Turborix 2.4 Ghz 6 Channel radio

I can't fathom using such a thing.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:36 AM
simmo8

G-Day Mate

nooooo way
i would never use a cheep chinese radio system because it is not so much the crashing of a model it is incase it crashes into someone and that would cause big problems
. also it is not nesaserily just lose signal it might mix up all of your controls and in a way that could be more dangerous
i would be very tempted to just spend the extra $$ and get a good quality 2,4 system from spectrum or JR or futaba
good luck mate

simmo
Old 11-13-2008, 10:25 PM
flyer56

G/Day
Well cheap Chinese gear,mmm maybe not so bad,I bought a corona syn Rx used it with no worries at all,then bought another 5 of them, there again no worries,put a corona 2.4 module on the back of my Futaba 7up again no cliches,I use turborix motors esc's etc with no problems,maybe $47 bucks may be a good deal,can knock it till we try it.

good luck mate from NZ
Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Back in the days of Kraft and Logictrol thats what we said about that cheap Japanese (Futaba sold by MRC) stuff.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:28 AM
MikeL

Perhaps in 30 years, this too will have become a desirable brand. For now? No thank you.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:55 AM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TommyWatson

Has anyone seen or used the new Turborix 2.4 radio. Ok, it is a chinese low cost radio, but the price is right US$42 for TX and RX. I will give it a try in one of my old models.

avilable from

Regards

rcps21410 2.4G RC Fast Spread Spectrum Receiver

What transmitter will drive this receiver? It is not specified in the ad.

I just emailed the question to them. Could it be FAAST compatible???? probably not....

Old 11-14-2008, 03:50 PM
abbydawn

"I will give it a try in one of my old models."

Have one on order to try in a land or water craft before trusting to an aircraft. Will report back here but may not be til spring though as winter is coming on fast!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:39 PM
MikeL

ORIGINAL: iflyj3

I just emailed the question to them. Could it be FAAST compatible???? probably not....

Nope. 2.4ghz gear is all proprietary.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:50 PM
abbydawn

ORIGINAL: simmo8

G-Day Mate

nooooo way
i would never use a cheep chinese radio system because it is not so much the crashing of a model it is incase it crashes into someone and that would cause big problems
. also it is not nesaserily just lose signal it might mix up all of your controls and in a way that could be more dangerous
i would be very tempted to just spend the extra $$ and get a good quality 2,4 system from spectrum or JR or futaba
good luck mate

simmo
Hmmm, bought a Futaba 6EX 2.4G recently and guess what? On the bottom "made in China". Are Futabas cheap? Chances are buying just about any item for this hobby these days will have been manufactured or at least assembled in China. Or nearby!
Old 11-15-2008, 01:07 PM
MikeL

And I'll betcha that Futaba has some buttons on it and a display, which you can use to adjust the TX at the field. Taking a quick look at the TX in questionit doesn't. It's not something most people would accept as a product. If you have a desire to purchase and use it, do so. Who is stopping you?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:08 PM
XJet
Banned

It would appear that (due to the lack of an inbuilt LCD) you need a laptop and USB lead to change stuff like end-points etc.

That would be a real pain in the backside and if you don't have a laptop you could find yourself at the field and unable to make even the simplest changes to the setup.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:10 AM
TommyWatson

Thanks for all the replies. I hear all the comments. I intend to test this very carefully, both for interference with others radios (to and from) and also for range and reliability. I like the idea of setting it up using a laptop. . Anyone thinking of trying one of theses radios post your findings here.

I really don't need any more radios, I am just a sucker for new things. I have a really nice (cheap) Turborix Glider that I will probably use to try the radio.

I have had a lot of success with Turborix ESC's and motors.

Regards

Old 11-16-2008, 07:20 AM
windy75020

I need a radio for plane and glider

with VTAIL and "diferentiel" and i am very interest with this cheap 2.4 radio
RX look like spectrum externe antenna

windy
Old 11-16-2008, 07:50 AM
iflyj3

ORIGINAL: iflyj3

ORIGINAL: TommyWatson

avilable from

Regards

I still haven't received an answwer from them on this issue. However, looking closely at the picture of the receiver I see the word Corona on the side. So apparently, this is a Corona receiver.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:30 AM
abbydawn

"looking closely at the picture of the receiver I see the word Corona on the side. So apparently, this is a Corona receiver."

Or this:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...2_7Ch_Receiver
Old 11-16-2008, 09:49 AM
iflyj3

ORIGINAL: abbydawn

"looking closely at the picture of the receiver I see the word Corona on the side. So apparently, this is a Corona receiver."

Or this:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...2_7Ch_Receiver
The one you point out above is the Spektrum AR7000 receiver, not a Corona. Did I miss something?
Old 11-16-2008, 11:35 AM
abbydawn

"Did I miss something?"

No Dan, I just thought the resemblance to AR was close.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:17 PM
iflyj3

ORIGINAL: abbydawn

"Did I miss something?"

No Dan, I just thought the resemblance to AR was close.
I agree this one that comes with the transmitter does look similar. (rcps61411 Turborix 2.4G 6 Channel Digital Receiver)

However, this one (rcps21410 2.4G RC Fast Spread Spectrum Receiver) is a single package and is the one labeled Corona. Corona is another brand of 2.4 transmitter decks and receivers, like ASSAN.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:29 PM
flyer56

G/Day
Well all should be resolved by this weekend I have one of these Turborix 2.4 in the post.Will put it straight into a model and fly it.I'll post a report as soon as
Old 11-17-2008, 07:37 AM
abbydawn

ORIGINAL: flyer56

G/Day
Well all should be resolved by this weekend I have one of these Turborix 2.4 in the post.Will put it straight into a model and fly it.I'll post a report as soon as
Wow you're not fooling around with extensive bench testing, straight to the ultimate test! Will be anxious to hear your experience and hope it is uneventful.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:58 AM
iflyj3

Here is the reply I got to my question. It turns out they sell the Corona system, transmitter module and receivers. Their add says it is a FHSS (Frequency hopping) system, which I have been lead to believe it was not.

Hi there,

Thank you for your e-mail. Actually, this receiver here is a spare parts for this package here below. You have to order the package first before you order the receiver. This package here can be use on Futaba or JR type. Are your transmitter can use those two type of receiver? If so, it should be no problem.

http://www.r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps21205

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
rvm8hop

http://www.r2hobbies.com

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:52 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

What transmitter will drive this receiver? It is not specified in your ad.

Dan Thompson
Paris, KY

Old 11-20-2008, 02:18 AM
TommyWatson

My Turborix Radio arrived today. Looks to be reasonably well made. All setup MUST be done using a computer. It has all of the normal stuff, End point, reverse, sub trim, mixing (any Channel to any Channel) All types of heli swash plate config, there are two pots and two switches which can be configured to any channel. You can save a configuration to a file on the PC and load it as required. The RX
looks like a Spektrum but it only has one antenna on each part of the RX. The antennas are much stiffer than the Spektrum. The RX came bound to the TX, but instructions show how to bind another RX to this TX.

The requirement to use a PC (Laptop at the field ) will not suit everybody, but if you already have a laptop then it is not a problem. I guess they saved costs by putting all of the smart stuff in the setup program. I have only had a short time to play with it but it looks promising. I have had a Spektrum and still have Futaba 2.4 radios, so I have something to compare with.

The trims are analogue.

Time to try it out.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93461.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1075449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu63891.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1075450   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48712.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1075451  
Old 11-20-2008, 07:27 PM
abbydawn

My Turborix Radio arrived today. Looks to be well made. I played with the acro programming to become familiar. Unless I'm missing something it doesn't support expoential on acro. In heli mode I see a button called "thro curve", is that like expoential? I saved a couple of configurations to file but couldn't figure out how to bring them back to the TX. A configuration is instantly programmed into the TX as you make changes. No flying here til spring, 30cm of white stuff coming tomorrow on top of 10 we got today. O'Canada, land of ice and snow. Where the heck did Gore's global warming go!
Gary
Old 11-21-2008, 04:55 AM
TommyWatson

Trying to remember back to my Helicopter days, I think Throttle Curve is the relationship between the Throttle and the Collective pitch. It is not Expo as we know it. I can't find expo at all. You will have to make do with dual rates. perhaps they will come up with a software upgrade!!. We can only hope.

The "Manual" is very basic and the help function button is greyed out.

I thought it was a cheap way to get a 2.4 radio. I won't use it on my jets, but I will use it with one of my smaller electric models, until I get mor confident with it.

I want to try to fit a Nicad Pack to the battery compartment. (probably cost as much as the radio!!!).

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.