Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FP6335 IC (Data Needed?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Nadisha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FP6335 IC (Data Needed?)

I have a Futaba Skyport 4 Radio,
I the controller in this radio is FP6335.
Does Any one have info on this IC,
Thank you for help...

Nadisha
Old 11-04-2002, 12:22 PM
00hex

Maxim makes MAX6335 microcontrollers, and NEC has some DACs with 6335 in the part number.
Are there any logos on it? That could help. If it just says "futaba" you probably won't be able to find out much about it.
Could you be more specific about what this chip does? Also, I'm curious, what are you planning on doing with it?
Old 11-05-2002, 10:38 AM
Nadisha

Dear 00Hex,

First of all you have a nice name and thank you very much for the reply. I got a posting on this same forum for asking Futaba Skyport4 Upgrades and Modifications. I found one as an aswer to my thread to make my skyport4 to 5. I did not do this mod yet, as I am not sure. I don't have the mod URL by heart, but if you look for the postings under my name you will find it. It is on the page 2 any way.

I am sure there may more channels, may be mixers hidden in the chip! Well yes, the IC is a futaba one, Futaba is printed on the IC. It is a 32 pin dual inline IC with closer (may be 5mil) pin spacing. There is a suffix under the main number (FP6335), it is 310216100. Once you mention I too think that there is a good chance this IC to be a microcontroller. Well I still did not check the MAX and DAC ICs, mean time I will pump more info abou the Skyport4. The pin numbers 26/27/28/29/ are directly connected to the joystick (gimbles) centers, other 2 ends of the gimble pots looks like vcc and gnd. Pin 22/23/24/25 are connected to servo reversing switches. Pin number 19 is to short to gnd to make a on/off ch5, or user a pot to controlable ch5.

If you have more info, please let us know too.
Thank you very much for your help....
Regards,

Nadisha.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:57 PM
00hex

Well unfortunately it's neither of the chips I suggested. Turns out the Maxim is a 4-pin microcontroller reset chip, not a microcontroller.
It definitely sounds like a microcontroller. 32 is a strange number of pins though. The only 32-pin microcontrollers I could find were QFPs (pins on all 4 sides).
BTW I don't think the pin spacing is 5 mil (0.005" or 0.127 mm) - through-holes are generally 100 mil (0.1", 2.54 mm). Those little SMT resistors and caps are probably 50-60 mil wide (0805 or 1206).

Old 12-03-2002, 08:43 AM
Alex00

I don't have info on this chip (well I would like to), but just to mention, I just opened my futaba skysports 6 and it has the same chip, so you can be sure that this chips controls at least 6 channels.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:38 AM
Nadisha

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for that info, can you post a picture of your
pcb, digicam photo would do. Or you can email me to [email protected]
So we know exactly what to look for. We want to know the pins they are
using for the rest of the channels. There is a pin that we know control
the 5th channel and it is just a on/off channel and can not be used for
propotional controls....

Thank for help,