Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

MOO-tor Cleaner/Degreaser and MOO-slick

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:18 AM
joeyblaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOO-tor Cleaner/Degreaser and MOO-slick

The following will be a review of Cow Performance’s MOO-tor Cleaner/Degreaser and MOO-slick. The review will come in 4 phases. All test will be performed using a 7.4 volt Losi Lipo and Project Wide track Ram. Each step will also include what I did and how I did it as well.

Information on the Test truck can be found here
http://www.microtforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5574

Products:
Moo Slick-8.99
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...1231&cat_name=
Moo-ter cleaner- 8.99
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...1235&cat_name=

Each Phase is outlined below:
Phase 0 = Stock Dyno Pull
Phase 1 = Wheel Bearings,Spur, and Pinion get Moo Slicked then Dyno pull
Phase 2-= Tranny and Dif get Moo Slicked then Dyno pull
Phase 3 = Motor gets MOO-ter cleaned and Moo Slicked then Dyno pull

Phase 0
Base Dyno Pull=49.km/h or 30.45 Miles/hour (mph)

Phase 1
The wheel bearings got a quick bath in moo slick . I placed the bearings in the bottom of the paper cup then sprayed the bearings. Next i flipped them over and gave the other side a spray. After I tilted the cup to let the Moo slick pool up on side then proceeded to let them soak. I the removed them from the cup and wiped down with a towel.

Next the Spur gear and Pinion got a nice shower of Moo loven. I just spray a lil portion then worked it in and repeated this process till the whole spur was coated.

The front wheels will now spin for ever and the gear mesh noise was reduced. The rear wheels feel much easier to move, so far im Very happy the results. The car now will roll much nicer and freely. The Phase 1 Dyno Pull was the same as the stock dyno pull however I did get one run which ended in 51 or 31.69 Miles/hour (mph) but I think that was a freak run as I couldn’t repeat it however the lipo was fading and the motor was hot.

Phase 1
Dyno Pull=49.km/h or 30.45 Miles/hour (mph)

Ok well stay tuned for The rest,
Old 04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
sonicj
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: MOO-tor Cleaner/Degreaser and MOO-slick

thats a lot of MOOla for a can of silicon! i like [link=http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=124699-39963-D00100101&lpage=none]this one[/link]. its safe on pretty much everything, it has teflon, its half the price and it has jeff gordon's autograph on it! crc silicon is good too and its only $2 at walmart.

i like your parts bin! i got the same one!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
calvino

Agreed, maybe good stuff but the price.... . I do hear it is good for bearings... can't wait to see more testing, maybe use the OTHER brands of stuff?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:41 PM
sonicj

i sprayed all the tired, dried out looking plastic on my mgt and it all looks brand new! the $2 walmart stuff did the same, but was much less nauseating. they also aid in repelling water and sloughing off dirt! i spray stuff like hinge pins and screws for lubrication & rust protection. i've never tried on bearings... i figured it was too light. i normally use phil's tenacious oil for bearings.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM
joeyblaze

i think these cans are bigger then the can you showed for 3 bucks, anyway i rather support the RC industry then give walmart money,,,,

staytunned for the rest of the reivew
Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 PM
joeyblaze

thats a lot of MOOla for a can of silicon! i like this one. its safe on pretty much everything, it has teflon, its half the price and it has jeff gordon's autograph on it! crc silicon is good too and its only $2 at walmart.
Had some time to do some research and the dupont lub shown in the link above is of no comparison to MOO slick for the following reasons

1. dupont is a 10oz Can MOO-slick is 12oz Can
2. Dupont can withstand 400 degrees... Moo Slick is heat stable up to 400 degrees.... BIG DIFFERENCE While duponts will be ok with 400 degrees in short bursts MOO slick is 100% heat stable (0 degredation or breakdown) up to 400 degrees and can likely withstand well over 500 degrees.....
3. Dupont is a food grade lubricant.... This means is is biodegradeable and ingestable safe in small quanties as A side effect this also means it will be broken down-worn away very quikly... It is more of a lub with each use type of spray while Moo slick being an industrial grade silicone will form a barrier-coating that will last a long time depending on use of course

When looking much deeper then both lubricants being silicon there is really little comparison to the 2 products...
Old 04-16-2009, 03:07 PM
calvino

^ Good arguements, heck, Walmart needs to get a little "wake up call" right . I have heard the "Mootor" cleaner is good stuff. Everyone on the The Toyz forums goes bonkers over Cow RC stuff
Old 04-16-2009, 10:49 PM
joeyblaze

yeah Cow has some good products and the guys who run it are good people... i will find time this weekend to finish this review work is crazy now
Old 06-21-2009, 01:29 PM
joeyblaze

Phase 2
First i took apart the tranny and gave all the gears and the dif a good once over with the Moo-SLICK

i put her all back together, and performed a dyno run with a freshly charged lipo

Phase 2 Dyno pull = 50 km/h or 31.0685596 MPH

Phase 3

next it was time to give the Atomic BB2 a bath in MOOter cleaner

First i filled up a small cup with the cleaner, the picture only shows one cup but i used 3 as i wasnt sure if the paper cup would hold up to the

degreaser.

next i dunked the motor and ran her for a min or two in FWD and Rev, i had to cover the cup with paper tower so i didnt make a mess of my work area, the

picture does not show this.

i didnt think about before hand, but was happy to find out the Shoegoo held up just find in the MOOter cleaner, it got a tad soft but firmed right back

up once dry... rolled the dice on that one lol...

look at all that grime, this stuff really works well

next was to give the bearings (front and rear) and coat of moo slick to relubercate them after the bath

by this time the lipo back was nice and freshly charger and onto the dyno she went.

Phase 3 Dyno pull = 50 km/h or 31.0685596 MPH <-however it got up to top speed much faster then the phase 2 pull.

So all in all i gained about 1mph in top speed and increased my acceleration greatly just from cleaning her up with some MOOslick and Mooter cleaner. Great stuff you should all go out and get some and clean up you act .

Old 06-21-2009, 02:15 PM
iTz Nicholas

I got some moo-slick and I cleaned my skateboard bearings with it.  Before I cleaned them they would spin for 10 seconds.  After I Moo-Slicked them they would spin for 30 seconds.  That is a 300% increase so it's way worth it.  The bearings were also smoother and weren't dirty at all after a few hours of skateboarding.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:55 PM
joeyblaze

yeah that also brings up another point, im sure my runtimes have gone up a bunch... yeah this stuff can be used on anything
Old 06-25-2009, 02:17 AM
Go-Zilla

>> next i dunked the motor and ran her for a min or two in FWD and Rev

joeyblaze, you mean we can run the motor while it is swimming in that solution ? Interesting, I didn't know the motor can run in liquid and still run without damage. Great review btw. Thanks for giving all of us such valuable info.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 AM
sonicj

i don't know that running a motor in a flammable liquid is such a good idea...

where can i find the msds for these products?