Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Welcome to two new little gas engines: DLE30 and CRRCpro V2

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Welcome to two new little gas engines: DLE30 and CRRCpro V2

Old 08-15-2009, 12:14 PM
mpascual
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome to two new little gas engines: DLE30 and CRRCpro V2

Hi all
Tomorrow i will test two new engines for 26-30 cc class.
Both are new to market, and i bet will be best-sellers.
The CRRCpro GF26 V2, less weight than V1 and different crankcase and CDI (no more problems)
The DLE30, the latest from DL factory.
I will have a lot of work ......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12267.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1256513  
Old 08-15-2009, 01:23 PM
vadim

Default RE: Welcome to two new little gas engines: DLE30 and CRRCpro V2

Subscribed!
Today I maidened my new scratch build 3D plane powered by old XYZ 26cc and realised that it has no power after previous crash. It lost about 1000rpm on the same prop
I'm up to buy new small gasser, so I'll be eager to hear from You!
Old 08-15-2009, 05:27 PM
2robinhood

Subscribed
Old 08-15-2009, 08:01 PM
bgw45

me too!
Old 08-16-2009, 09:56 AM
jerdavis
My Feedback: (3)

Old 08-16-2009, 10:03 AM
mpascual

DLE 30 engine :
First video of FIRST flip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayclxTvElJI

At the end of 1.5 liters burned at low rpm , with 95 octanes petrol , 25:1 (4%) of Repsol 2T mineral oil fuel, it turns a 18x8 Menz's propeller @ more than 8.400 rpm with stock muffler. Spark plug is a little dark, but not yet fine tunning of needles.
Awesome engine.

Regards.

More videos uploaded:

Performance with 18x8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOQ7EjWTMsU

Start by hand :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaMkQ2cEfS8

Regards
Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

mpascual
the dl30 sounds promising
Old 08-16-2009, 11:33 PM
SportFlyer3

Subscribed...
Old 08-17-2009, 06:17 AM
2robinhood

When will testing begin and what aircraft do you plan to use for the testing?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 AM
mpascual

ORIGINAL: 2robinhood

When will testing begin and what aircraft do you plan to use for the testing?
Sorry but to test two new engines i need time. Always i mount a new engine on a test stand and run a few tanks to know their response
then i mount on the airframe and i finish the break-in on air.
But also i need to find two airplanes intended for the engines. Yesterday i was too tired after first engine test (36C on Madrid) and CRRCpro GF26V2 will be tested next week. For this engine i've received a Katana 3D profile airplane also from CRRCpro. It comes as a combo with engine and propeller.

For the DLE30 engine i'm planning to mount on a YAK55SP from goldwing airplanes, 1'80 wing span.

Soon i will post pictures of airplanes, but first i want to do the break-in for both engines.

Regards
Old 08-17-2009, 07:33 AM
lennyk
My Feedback: (12)

Please post weights, incl weight of airplane so we can get an idea of pulling performance.

thx
Old 08-20-2009, 05:54 AM
vadim

Hi Pascual!
It seems like you are the only having run this engine so far.
What are your suggestions for breaking in this engine? Should it be done in a few cycles? What RPM?
How it feels after 1-1.5 hour or running? Ready to fly? Has it some abnormal vibrations?

Old 08-20-2009, 06:24 AM
mpascual

ORIGINAL: vadim

Hi Pascual!
It seems like you are the only having run this engine so far.
What are your suggestions for breaking in this engine? Should it be done in a few cycles? What RPM?
How it feels after 1-1.5 hour or running? Ready to fly? Has it some abnormal vibrations?

On chrome plated engines with steel ring on the piston, i always mix mineral based oil first few tanks. On the DLE30 i've mixed Repsol mineral oil at 4% (25:1) ratio. The propeller was the smallest suggested by user manual, the 18x8 size, MenzS wood.
Engine start at first flip ever done, and later when fill again the tank , also start at first flip. I've no noticed abnormal vibrations (prop was carefully balanced and drilled). The break-Ã*n was done at 2500 3000 rpm.
The only thing to remark is a slighty spit of fuel on carb intake surface at hi rpm. Maybe a velocity stack can help.

I think engine is ready to fly , but it need to finish the break-in period in the air. Not full trhottle and not a bigger propeller yet. I will change to a 40:1 full shyntetic based oil , Motul 800.

My problem is to have the airframe finished (not yet).

Regards

Old 08-20-2009, 02:41 PM
mpascual

Time for the CRRCpro GF26I version 2:

The factory has a combo with profile airplane and engine included. It comes with a complete hardware set, aluminium pushrods, wire extensions for servos, switch for receiver, long servo arms in carbon fiber, propeller, tank, wheels, security clips for servo connectors, ..... and more ......., engine, muffler,

Two pictures of airplane for the GF26I version 2 new engine:

Regards

Name:	Yw69139.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	1259853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33817.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	1259854  
Old 10-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Gabrielsande

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

I have a goldwing sukhoi su26, 68" span, I had a crrc pro 26i on it, from new, it has 2 nimh 2600 mah 4.8v batteries attatched to the engine box up front, these for the receiver, going through 2 switches in to two channels just in case a cheap way to have some back up and add the amps without going up on voltage. for the ignition a 2cell lipo and regulator down to 6v.

I know Im carrying an extra battery,could do with a power box and 2, 2c lipo for the whole lot, but still to expensive at the moment,

Anyway the crrc pro was ok, sounded nice and deep on the stock pipe, it was flying fast with a 17x8 wood, for scale acrobatics big and nice tidy loops, it was ok on the harrier, it was hovering at nearly full throttle, and just pulling up from there very very slow,17x7 good on mix flying but can't get this size anymore!,with a 18x6, it was pulling up from hover quicker, and was more responsive at low speeds,but more noise and less speed, loops were very slow. tried an apc 17x8 instead the wood one and being more eficient, the engine was getting hot after a wile,switched too the woody and ok again.

Engine was very trusty,despite being cooked on the firs flights on an other plane using a 16x6 and 17x6 prop,these engines don't like higer rpms,the big end uses a neddle bearing which the rollers are very spaced in a cage,but the cost of the repair having a new crank assy and bearings was under £20, is being ok since a year ago, with at least 50hs on it.idle is ok and never had a dead stick!. I manage to split the old cranckshaft and upgrade the bearing to a proper neddle bearing like os uses on the gas version, but still in a box never needed again.

So I wanted more go on this plane and I bought a dle 30 rear carb, claming 3.7 hp against 2.4 of the crrc pro, at the same weight or less,everyone at the club said, don't belive in those hp numbers they don't mean much.

Guess what? they were wrong!!, fitted the engine on this sukhoi,I ended cutting a whole on the firewall to get the carb in,and keep the prop at the same place than the crrc pro,dle stand offs are longer for the carb being on the back. cg was at the same place than the crrc pro, so no change then, first two flights ended in dead sticks due to the low end needle being to lean, it was perfect in the ground but dying at half throttle in the air, so set the low end richer,it does not sound right on half throttle, burbling, but if too lean will die straight away, im not too sure about the quality of the carb crrc pro uses a walbro, dle uses a "DLE" looks a close copy,but don't know how accurate and clean are the jets and the venturi on this one,will try to lean a noch and see if goes smoother, but crrc pro was very very smooth in the whole range.

POWER! well, Im using a Gsonic 18X8 and it seems still to small!! (will try a 18x10 soon)I fly this plane now on 1/4 ,1/2 throttle, it hovers before 1/2 throttle, and pulls up very very quick from there,and it keeps going vertical without speed loss ,it loops from knife edge,full power just on the up lines, im scared to fold the wings up!, but on the level line it goes very fast, bad point is the noise, with the stock pipe which is more than half inch diameter is very loud,like a proper flying chainsaw,when inverted because the pipe goes up is much better,crrc pro wasbetter,dont have spacefor a pitts style one,only option is a canister under the wing (no space inside),or tryto get a90 degree bend and teflon joint to deflect the noise back!.

Engine is finished better,crankcase is neat,no issues with loose bolts or bad threads (have a look at othe post I done regarding manufacture faults on the crrc),the machined on the engine is very good and neat.
Im very happy with it and will recomend it, spares are cheap and available, will post video soon

This was with the crrc pro26i http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awbHtUg7Dfohere you will see the lack of power when pulling from hover

Name:	ca82343.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	1522152