Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

flycamone2 got one for xmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flycamone2 got one for xmas

So i got one of these for xmas

it didnt come with a manual..

When i plug it into the computer with the cable, nothing comes up on the computer? Is their a program you have to download?
Old 12-26-2009, 12:07 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: flycamone2 got one for xmas

Go here and make an account and download the manual and firmware (if applicable):

http://www.rc-warbirds.com/product_i...roducts_id/659

Have fun.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Traxxas4fun

i looked up the manual elsewhere.. but how do i download the firmware? it said i needed winrar or something to downlaod it
Old 12-26-2009, 03:13 PM
TRXRUSTLER
My Feedback: (7)

Here is a trial of winrar, you install it the you can download your firmware at that site.

http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-b...html?tag=mncol
Old 12-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Traxxas4fun

ok i downloaded the manual/firmware i guess.. should i have had my fco2 hooked up?

now im at a screen that says fco2fw update

theres 5 options -

a .bin file
two .txt files, ones a readme
one .exe file
and one update file

what do i do?
Old 12-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Traxxas4fun

???????????????????????????????????????
Old 12-27-2009, 01:03 AM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

Hook it up and then click the .exe, it *should* ask you for the .bin file which has the firmware information on it. Follow the prompts and then flash it.

Obviously there's a readme.txt so I advise you read it.

You *may* have to right-click the .exe and select "run as administrator" depending on which Operating System you're running.

A simple google search returned this:

1) To get the version 3.03 firmware update, navigate to the following page in your web browser:
http://www.flycamone2.com/index.php?id=20&L=3

2) On the menu bar there, select Service & Support, and Update Firmware.

3) You should see some choices on the left side: Manual 3.03, Acrobat Reader, Driver | WebCam, and Update Firmware FCO2 v 3.03. Under "Update Firmware FCO2" you should see a line "download V 3.03 03.04.08". Click on the word "download" in that line.

4) You should get a Windows window "Do you want to open or save this file?" for the file Update-Reinstall3.03.zip. Choose Save.

5) Pick a location on your hard drive to save this file. I don't recommend the desktop. You should create a new empty folder to save this file, like in My Documents\FCO2 or something similar. For the rest of these instructions, I will assume you have saved this zip file as "My Documents\FCO2\Update-Reinstall3.03.zip".

6) Navigate to this folder (My Documents\FCO2) using Windows Explorer. (Start, All Programs, Accessories, Windows Explorer). If you need help in using Windows Explorer, please see other pages on the web for help.

7) You should see the file Update-Reinstall3.03.zip. If you are familiar with unzipping, use whatever program you use. Regular Windows XP can unzip this file for you. In Windows Explorer, click once on the file to select it. Choose File, Explore from the menu. You should see the contents of the zip file: 2 folders "installieren-install" and "update", and two files "liesmich.txt" and "readme.txt".

8) In Windows Explorer, select File, Extract All from the menu. Accept the defaults for all the
prompts in the wizard, and it will un-zip the file into a new sub-folder called "Update-Reinstall3.03". At the end, check the box "Show Files" and a new window will open showing the un-zipped contents, the same 2 folders and 2 files listed above.

9) Be sure your FlyCamOne2 is not connected to your computer.

10) Double-click the "update" folder which is shown in this new Windows Explorer window. You should see 6 files:
CRESFW.BIN
liesmich.txt
readme.txt
STK02N 2.0 Update.exe
STK02NC-WC viewer.exe
STK02NU-Update.exe

11) Double-click the file "STK02N 2.0 Update.exe". You should see some installation screens. You should get a message that the software has not passed Windows logo testing. Choose to install anyway. (If you don't get this message, you may have just uninstalled it. Running this program twice uninstalls the software. Just run it again to install again.)

12) Turn on your FlyCamOne2 (don't forget you have to press the shutter button after the power switch to get it to start) but don't connect it to the computer. Press the Menu button until you see "WC" in the display.

13) Now connect the camera to the computer using the USB cable. You should see a New Hardware Found message, and it should install the drivers for the camera.

14) If this has been successful, a download utility window opens. This window is not used at this time, so close it.

15) Going back to the Windows Explorer window that you installed the software from, double click "STK02NU-Update.exe". If the program says it can't find the device, something went wrong. Review the above steps.

16) You should get a dialog box asking are you sure you want to update. Choose yes.

17) A screen will appear for you to make settings choices.
For DRAM, choose "0X35" from the drop-down.
For DRAM SIZE, choose "8M".
Press continue or OK and wait while it updates your camera.

18) After a minute or so, you should get a message "Firmware update finished ! !" and "please reboot the device". You can now disconnect the camera from the computer.

19) After disconnecting the camera from the computer, turn it off and on. You should see new choices on the menu, which now has: RY, UR, UE, UL, Ud, PR, PE, SR, SE, SL, Sd, AR, PC, WC, dL, 99.

20) You can download the new instruction manual in PDF form by going back to the FlyCamOne2 page in Internet Explorer and selecting "download" under "Manual 3.03". If you have Acrobat Reader installed, as most of us do, you will see the manual. Use File, Save to save it to your hard drive, or print it on your printer. Here is a direct link to the PDF file. Right-click and Save As to save it:
http://www.tomica.de/FCO2/download/M...defritenes.pdf

21) Note on use: To get the camera to rotate the images 180 degrees, which is useful for some aircraft installations, turn the camera on and press the shutter button. You should see "RY" in the display. Press the shutter button again and you should see "RY" upside-down. You can now select the mode you want from the menu which will all be upside down and it will give you inverted results.

22) Another note on use: When you connect to the computer, the download window will automatically come up. If you don't like to use this window and would rather have the camera come up as a disk drive, choose "PC" from the camera menu before you connect it to the computer. It will remember this setting and will come up as a disk drive. To get back to using the download window, select "WC" before connecting to the computer.

The download utility is slower than using it as a disk drive, but it sets the current date and time for each file. The file dates are all in year 2100 if you copy them in disk drive mode. Anyone know how to set the date on the FlyCamOne2?

23) Another note on use: I ran the program "STK02NC-WC viewer.exe" which is also in the zip file, and it got hung up and I had to restart my computer to get it to go away.

Hope this helps. Additions and corrections appreciated.

-Bob

Old 01-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Traxxas4fun

i havent messed with this much because it has been cold and wet out, but i still cant get it to work.. it says the device can not be intialized.. ive tried to re do it a thousand times
Old 01-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Traxxas4fun

soo?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Traxxas4fun

dangit
Old 01-15-2010, 09:25 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

If I were you I would just sell it on eBay and cut my losses.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 PM
The Hedgehog

Try again.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Mickstix

I'd goto device manager and remove anything with the "FlyCamOne" name, and start over using the directions rast4man posted from the google search.. Follow along step by step and see what happens! Good Luck!!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Traxxas4fun

what i keep opening up is the "reinstall" and ive never installed it before.