Notices
Q-40 Racing Discuss AMA 422 and any other variants of Quarter 40 racing

Q 40 Miss Ashley For Sale-

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 PM
mick1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q 40 Miss Ashley For Sale-

Hey everyone posting this quarter 40 pylon racer up for my father Mick Crawley. Its a "Miss Ashley" quarter 40 from Rusty Van Buren it is professionaly built/painted by my father only flown couple times. Has fresh Nelson 40 and 3 JR 3121 mini servos installed. Just add throttle kill servo, gas tank and reciever go race.

$750 plus shipping pm me back or call him at 408-857-2256 for more details.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 PM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Q 40 Miss Ashley For Sale-

I'm Mick's caller. I can vouch for the quality of the build on this plane. The paint is beautiful. These pictures don't do it justice. You really have to see it in person.

Chris
Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 PM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Chris,

Crawley hasn't raced in years, right? Or did he pick it back up again? I think those guys stopped racing in 98' or 99'? Those guys were the coolest to be around, along with the Seth Tomlin and his dad. I learned alot from watching those guys... I bought my first Q40 from Crawley Sr. way back in 97.

Please tell them hi for me.

Randy Bridge
Old 02-22-2010, 11:13 PM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

Mick quit flying for about 10 years and picked it back up again a couple years ago. He started racing warbirds with us last year and he and I called for each other. I've picked up alot from him already. I hope he's getting something back in the process. He had the usual first year back rust last season, but he had a couple really good heats here and there. Hopefully this season he'll be back in his old form.

He bought this Ashley last year after watching me fly mine. There's no AMA racing around here and it's too far to drive for us. So we've both had fun with them, but they are just toys. I think he's just selling it to buy another warbird to race.

I'll tell him you said Hi.

Chris
Old 02-23-2010, 12:33 AM
mick1976

Randy,

Its Mickey Jr man been lots of years away from racing always never forgot about you guys heard you and Travis kicking some major ass out there. How your dad doing he still building quickies? Say hi to everyone forme.

Mickey jr

ORIGINAL: luv to race

Chris,

Crawley hasn't raced in years, right? Or did he pick it back up again? I think those guys stopped racing in 98' or 99'? Those guys were the coolest to be around, along with the Seth Tomlin and his dad. I learned alot from watching those guys... I bought my first Q40 from Crawley Sr. way back in 97.

Please tell them hi for me.

Randy Bridge
Old 02-23-2010, 12:54 AM
HighPlains

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Randy, did you ever see Micky fly helo? That was his real talent. As far as pylon, well, he tended to mid-air me.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:23 AM
luv to race

Mickey Jr..! what's up dude! it's been a long time for sure. But I never forgot my early days of racing, nor did I forget you and your dad. I ran into your dad at some giant scale race at Castle many years ago, but that was the last time I saw him.

Yea, my dad still builds our Vortex quickies, they are composite wing and v-tail though. My dad really does an awesome job building those things, they are really nice. I guess I teamed up with Travis about 10 years ago (mid 1999), and we've been enjoying a little success. All in good fun of course.

Not exactly sure where you live these days, but if you ever get out to Orlando Fl area.. be sure to look me up. Even if you want to come do some racing, I've got stuff for ya to fly no problem.

Bob - I used to love watching those guys fly, as well as you and Carpenter. Back in those days, it just seemed like the Q40 stuff was so fast! It's amazing what you get used to. I learned so much from those early days in central Calif... I remember when Gary Schmidt showed up to a Merced race, and someone said "hey Randy, that's Gary Schmidt over there..he's a National Champion".. I thought, dang that's cool.

Someday I'll right a book on my story.. You'd all be surprised at how much I remember, and how cool it was learning the pylon stuff.

Randy
Old 02-23-2010, 07:43 PM
mick1976

Oh my gosh that you Dible man long time figured you were still in east coast you back in Kansas huh whats new and exciting?
ORIGINAL: HighPlains

Randy, did you ever see Micky fly helo? That was his real talent. As far as pylon, well, he tended to mid-air me.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:45 PM
mick1976

Man its definetly been a long time yeah talked to my dad he mentioned that was the last time he ran into ya at one them giant scale races. I talk with Tim Lawlor every once in a while remember him saying your dad was building them composite quickies so very cool stuff. Definetly will hit ya up Iever get over to Florida we can do some flying say hi to all the racers as well Travis for me.

Mick Jr

ORIGINAL: luv to race

Mickey Jr..! what's up dude! it's been a long time for sure. But I never forgot my early days of racing, nor did I forget you and your dad. I ran into your dad at some giant scale race at Castle many years ago, but that was the last time I saw him.

Yea, my dad still builds our Vortex quickies, they are composite wing and v-tail though. My dad really does an awesome job building those things, they are really nice. I guess I teamed up with Travis about 10 years ago (mid 1999), and we've been enjoying a little success. All in good fun of course.

Not exactly sure where you live these days, but if you ever get out to Orlando Fl area.. be sure to look me up. Even if you want to come do some racing, I've got stuff for ya to fly no problem.

Bob - I used to love watching those guys fly, as well as you and Carpenter. Back in those days, it just seemed like the Q40 stuff was so fast! It's amazing what you get used to. I learned so much from those early days in central Calif... I remember when Gary Schmidt showed up to a Merced race, and someone said "hey Randy, that's Gary Schmidt over there..he's a National Champion".. I thought, dang that's cool.

Someday I'll right a book on my story.. You'd all be surprised at how much I remember, and how cool it was learning the pylon stuff.

Randy
Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 PM
mick1976

The plane SOLD thanks everyone.

Mickey