Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Battle systm for AirsoftTanks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Battle systm for AirsoftTanks

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:01 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Battle systm for AirsoftTanks

one of our comrades in Ekaterinburg does it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cdyey4Rip8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Incription 1) light indicator of shots 2) reload button
how it works piezo sensors are inside and reacton turret or body touch, when BBhits the tank...video shows it...
Old 06-05-2010, 03:18 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Battle systm for AirsoftTanks

Now that is interesting, An Airsoft Hybrid. cool
Old 06-05-2010, 07:54 AM
BiggTony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how it functions on uneven terrain or simply just driving while the piezoelectric sensors are on? Very cool nonetheless!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:33 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BiggTony

I wonder how it functions on uneven terrain or simply just driving while the piezoelectric sensors are on? Very cool nonetheless!
Yes that was what I was thinking. I would think there would be a lot of false hits as you rambled along over the terrain.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:32 PM
HAL_HUSKER

YHR,
exactly that is wahat we are also aking the guys...

but anyway thenew video with extra sensors

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9StEkuS0uU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Old 06-05-2010, 03:35 PM
four slot

Ya piezioelctric sensors ......ya..............that the first thing that came to my mind. What the heck are those, are they like shock sensors likethey use on that show the"Deadliest Warrior"Be cause those are large for a 16th sclae tank.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:25 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Funny i notice a bb hits it stops the tank i notice he taps the tank it stops?
Now when you shoot your airsoft from the tank i know the turret snaps back real hard sometimes won't this make the sensors go off if a light tap of a bb does?
Don't think this will work ...that's my take on it.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 PM
BiggTony

Only way it could work (in my mind) is making the sensitivity of the impact sensor real low.......which means the opposing tank needs to launch an airsoft bb with the impact of a marble and limit terrain to the gym floor. But, this is just an assumption...I don't know if this guy has a microcontroller in the tank and programmed to respond to a single impact over repeated vibrations of the terrain. However, I doubt it at this point.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Could this system be adappted to a fixed target mode?  Say, a pill box or fuel tank or ammo supply?  Could the output be changed to diffrent effects for diffrent targets?

I'm thinking flashing LEDs and perhaps smoke and sound when you score a "kill" on a pillbox or some ammo depo.  That would solve the tank bumping over terrain problem and give us all more things to shoot at.  Movable "fixed "targets we could set up and have our buddies do "seak and destory missions" while we try to stop them.

What if the only way to win is to prevent the other side from taking out your fuel supply at all costs.  One good shot by them and it's over.  You would need to hold them back out of range with your tanks. 

Each side gets one fixed target to hide behind their lines.  Both sides must defend their Target and attempt to destory the other sides.  Kind'a capture the flag with 1/16 scale tanks.  Perhaps an IR version for those poor boys.

It's an idea I have been pondering for awhile but those boys in Russia seem to be ahead of me on the R&D side.  Keep it up and keep us posted.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Pah co chu puk

I see them sold for about $100 US each. Two ( more fun ) for $190 US.  Switches to change the type of explosion and adjust the sound level.  Some cool looking outside that will fit in with all our other tank stuff...  

A plastic pillbox with dummy cannon, comes in two sizes!...   Ammo depo,  fuel tanks, command post, etc...

I would buy two.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:10 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Guys,
we have also many qs to the people that are testing this system.
So I will keep you informed re steps they are passing through while they adopt their "baby" to the tank battle reality...

Old 06-10-2010, 12:20 AM
XeaX

Hi, this is my project

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

Now when you shoot your airsoft from the tank i know the turret snaps back real hard sometimes won't this make the sensors go off if a light tap of a bb does?
No, I've tested this aspect very first, piezo-sensor is sensitive only to very "sharp" hits - with very large speed.
I'll take some video, how this system woks while shooting.

PS: Sorry for my poor english.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:31 AM
XeaX

Only way it could work (in my mind) is making the sensitivity of the impact sensor real low.......which means the opposing tank needs tolaunchan airsoft bb with the impact of a marble and limit terrain to the gym floor. But, this is just an assumption...I don't know if this guy has a microcontroller in the tank and programmed to respond to a single impact over repeated vibrations of the terrain. However, I doubt it at this point.
Yes, there is MCUin my tank, but there is no need even for ADC - I use simple digital port on 3.3V running mcu. Because tank body is relatively large and made from plastic - it works like filter for vibration from chassis. And even in some fake hits will occure on stone terrain - I'll install rubber insertings between chassis and upper body of tank.

That is detail photo of this modified tank internal parts:

Old 06-10-2010, 01:10 AM
XeaX

ORIGINAL: Pah co chu puk

Could this system be adappted to a fixed target mode? Say, a pill box or fuel tank or ammo supply? Could the output be changed to diffrent effects for diffrent targets?

I'm thinking flashing LEDs and perhaps smoke and sound when you score a "kill" on a pillbox or some ammo depo. That would solve the tank bumping over terrain problem and give us all more things to shoot at. Movable "fixed "targets we could set up and have our buddies do "seakand destory missions" while we try to stop them.

What if the only way to win is to prevent the other side from taking out your fuel supply at all costs. One good shot by them and it's over. You would need to hold them back out of range with your tanks.
Yes, of course, this system can be adapted to fixed target easily.

The original idea of my project - airsoft battle of human-controlled and half\full autonomous robots in different scenarios.
"Defend the base / Search and destroy" is one of main scenarios. Other standard scenarios - Duel, Deathmatch, CTF(but for robots only - because gripper is need).
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 AM
BiggTony

ORIGINAL: XeaX

Only way it could work (in my mind) is making the sensitivity of the impact sensor real low.......which means the opposing tank needs tolaunchan airsoft bb with the impact of a marble and limit terrain to the gym floor. But, this is just an assumption...I don't know if this guy has a microcontroller in the tank and programmed to respond to a single impact over repeated vibrations of the terrain. However, I doubt it at this point.
Yes, there is MCUin my tank, but there is no need even for ADC - I use simple digital port on 3.3V running mcu. Because tank body is relatively large and made from plastic - it works like filter for vibration from chassis. And even in some fake hits will occure on stone terrain - I'll install rubber insertings between chassis and upper body of tank.

That is detail photo of this modified tank internal parts:

Thanks for clarifying and I stand corrected. Is the unit programmed to ignore continuous pulses sent by the sensor? Is this just something your doing as a personal project or do you plan to market something like this and if you do, how would you propose keeping the costs down using microcontollers?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
XeaX

Thanks for clarifying and I stand corrected. Is the unit programmed to ignore continuous pulses sent by the sensor?
No there is simple variable resistor for sersor sensitivity level tune and that's all. I simply check level on MCU input port. If input voltage level from sensor overcome standart digital port logic level "1" threshold - I simply consider hit happend and ignore other "hits" for about 2 seconds.

Is this just something your doing as a personal project or do you plan to market something like this and if you do, how would you propose keeping the costs down using microcontollers?
Yes, I plan to market some version of this project, to supply people in RC-tanks and in robotics with such hit detection system.

I think that sometimes owners of RC-tanks can play with futuristic scenarion in one field with RC-controlled and even fully autonomous robots with airsoft "weapons".

And about "keeping cost down" - I don't understand. Entry level MCU, and even Arduino Nano (as example of small MCU project) cost is not so high.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 PM
HAL_HUSKER

And about "keeping cost down" - I don't understand. Entry level MCU, and even Arduino Nano (as example of small MCU project) cost is not so high.
to keep the cost down - means to have the model as cheap as you can... in case you intend to market it somewhere...
to market mean to promote it for future sale.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:36 PM
XeaX

Yes, I understand it, but I can't understand - why microcontrollers means high costs. 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:44 PM
BiggTony

Xeax, 

Micro controllers don't necessarily mean high cost, but programming does, then manufacturing, and configuration, labor and so forth. But you clarified that that your system is simple by means of a variable resistor. 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Pah co chu puk

A good " rule of thumb" for manufacturing and marketing products like this is to:

Take your production costs and multiply by 5 to 6 for your final retail cost to concumers. 

This allows for the cost of materials, production, storrage, transport, taxes and marketing of the product.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
XeaX

Anyway I need MCU for playing sounds - "hit" and "destroyed".
And in theory we can add miniUSB port for firmware update, setting up hit points, or even setup options like "2 hit points decrease in case of turret hit".
Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
XeaX

PS: My primary target of this project for now - is robot battle.
That means, that first of all I'll try to make mcu-based working hit detection controller. If it will be interesting for RC-tank owners(in terms of sales volume)- I'll start specific project "RC-tank airsoft hit detector", in which may be I remove MCU from module.

PPS: Sorry about my poor english
Old 06-10-2010, 02:47 PM
DeadTom

XeaX,
Very cool, thinking out side the box. Keep us posted please.

Pah co chu puk, quote
"Each side gets one fixed target to hide behind their lines. Both sides must defend their Target and attempt to destory the other sides. Kind'a capture the flag with 1/16 scale tanks. Perhaps an IR version for those poor boys."

I like this idea also, thanks all for sharing. This gives me some ideas of my own.
DT

ps - XeaX, don't worry about your english your fine....I can't speak any Russian
Old 06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
BiggTony

PS: My primary target of this project for now - is robot battle.
That means, that first of all I'll try to make mcu-based working hit detection controller. If it will be interesting for RC-tank owners(in terms of sales volume)- I'll start specific project "RC-tank airsoft hit detector", in which may be I remove MCU from module.

PPS: Sorry about my poor english
Your English is perfect, you should read some of the writings from some of our US members, lol.
As for all this pricenonsense, not important. Just finish your project! lol

Old 06-10-2010, 03:53 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

I guess the team with the stonger guns would have a definite advantage. They could destroy the other team even long before they get in range to inflict any damage themselves. Sounds familiar (lol)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.