Community
Search
Notices
Airtronics Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about Airtronics radios and product here and get answers direct from the Airtronics Team.

Airtronics Service Contact Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:21 PM
MikeGreenshields

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Service Contact Information

We're never more than an email/fax/phone call away. I've posted this for reference. For all of you who've been long time Airtronics users, remember this information may be different than what came in your radio! Please use this latest information:

If you need to send in a radio for service, this is the address and telephone number:

Mailing Address
Airtronics Service
18480 Bandilier Circle
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Service Phone: 714 963 0329
Fax: 714-964-6236

EMAIL: [email protected]

TECH LINE:
Airtronics has a toll-free help line for those with technical questions about Airtronics products.

From how to program a radio to choosing the best servo for an application, we have an expert with a long-time career in the hobby dedicated to helping customers with technical questions. Please feel free to call should you need help with your Airtronics products.

Please call Monday through Friday only between 12 to 4 pm Pacific Time

1-800-262-1178

This line is for technical questions ONLY. For service, repairs, etc. please contact Global Services directly.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:56 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Airtronics Service Contact Information

This is great Mike. I think it will help more flyers discover the many features of Airtronics products.
Jeff Williams
Old 08-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Hesco Racing

Can we give questions about Sanwa products also?

Cobus
Old 08-26-2010, 12:50 PM
MikeGreenshields

For these forums, of course, we'll be happy to help.

Note that we only handle Airtronics here in the USA and Canada and are not involved with distribution of Sanwa world-wide. So. the one other limitation is that if you are looking for Sanwa brand warranty support, you'll have to seek out the distributor in your country. Also, The 800 number is for domestic USA use only.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:21 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a vote of confidence, I had to use Airtronic's Service on my new SD-10. I had very very limited range on the ground and only 600 feet in the air. I sent the radio back to them, then tested it 3 ways from Sunday and could not find anything wrong. They kept it for 2 weeks and kept in contact with me the whole time. Chris(?) told me that they range checked it all over the place, in the alley, in the shop and could fine nothing wrong.
They replaced my Rx, and the 1-2-3 switch and sent it back. I put it back in the same exact plane and flew it as far away as I felt comfortable. I know that the place was 1500+ feet and had ZERO issues with it. My range check went normal, 30-40 feet or so before the servos started getting jumpy or "sticky". I guess that maybe THAT particular Rx just didn't like the RF environment at my field, I don't know.
I am happy with it, and now I will be putting it into something a bit more important.

Thanks Airtronics.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:20 PM
jack19345
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Mike
Great that you are doing this. Have been using Airtronics for for 30 years and have had excellent results with all the equipment. Your service department has been exemplary in servicing equuipment. Keep up the goodwork.

Regards

Jack Strickland
Old 08-31-2010, 11:48 AM
JWilliams

ORIGINAL: jack19345

Hi Mike
Great that you are doing this. Have been using Airtronics for for 30 years and have had excellent results with all the equipment. Your service department has been exemplary in servicing equuipment. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Jack Strickland
HAHA, and I thought having used Airtronics for 17 years was a long time. Good for your Jack.
Jeff Williams
Old 05-21-2012, 05:46 PM
krashit
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Mike
I have RD 6000 Super that i have been using, went to change to a different model airplane that i had stored in model memory, i must have hit the wrong button or something,
but comes up with EER2 with alarm, can you tell me what i did or what to do at this point? I fly glow motor planes, is it possible i changed to heli, some how, because my elevater n throdle sticks
switched sides,also i noticed that i'm able to hit the end key the EER2 goes to EER1, and if i pull the elevator stick all the way down it then goes to like normal,then if i turn the radio off then back on it goes back to EER2,,so confused because the manual doesn't say anything about that code. if i could get some help with my problem it will be a big thank you....
Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 PM
tc-62

Use to be a big Airtronics fan. My trainer (in the 1980's) suggested Airtronics. I still have five or six tx from you's. All the way from AM SE to the (back then ) FM radioes. It's when I got with Airtronics service dept. that I decided to leave. The people could bearly understand American, and were really rude when I tried to ask about the models that Airtronics use to have. Um, allright , now I'm flighing with a Spectum.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Pippin

Hi tc-62,
and thanks for your opinion.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:35 AM
DRC1
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: tc-62

Use to be a big Airtronics fan. My trainer (in the 1980's) suggested Airtronics. I still have five or six tx from you's. All the way from AM SE to the (back then ) FM radioes. It's when I got with Airtronics service dept. that I decided to leave. The people could bearly understand American, and were really rude when I tried to ask about the models that Airtronics use to have. Um, allright , now I'm flighing with a Spectum.
Interesting comment...

I guess everyone has different experiences, and I'm in no position to question your experience...

All I can say is I started flying in 1985. My first radio was Airtronics and every radio systemI owned since. I never had an issue with Airtronics equipment and anything I sent into be checked was always handled with great customer service through the years.

Flying with the SD-10G now... Great Tx...

No reason to try anything else...

LD
Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 AM
wphilb

I started with Airtronics in 1989, or maybe 1990 and have never looked back. I have had great results with their customer service, and Jack Albrechts programming advice on my radios sine the late 90s? Has been invaluable. I'm using the RDS8000 as my park flier radio and two SD-10Gs as giant scale radios. I really like the stick switches and flight modes. 

If I can put in a vote, I hope future radios have options for a few more channels, the SD-10G is so versatile that I sometimes run out! 

Whit
Old 10-31-2014, 01:08 AM
saratan

hi
Which is better??????
sanwa mx-v or futaba 3pl
Old 03-05-2015, 04:20 AM
Zippi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

What's in the future for Airtronics as far as thinner, lighter, and touch screen radios? When I switched from the RDS-8000 TX to the SD-10G I have never been satisfied with the feel of the TX. Some of the new radios on the market seem to be headed in the "Smart Phone" look and feel direction and thinner. What's coming out new for Airtronics as I'm look for a better TX.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:29 PM
MikeGreenshields

New airplane radios will not be announced until later this year after Sanwa is further along in development. I do not have details, etc Sorry, I just don't have anything for you at the moment. - Mike
Old 05-07-2015, 08:29 PM
SeaJay

Hey, Zippi..

The SD10G does feel Kinda FAT in the hands, doesn't it!! I too wish it were a bit Thinnner!

Craig..
Old 08-18-2015, 12:18 PM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

Mike :
Any updates about new airplane radio products ?
Old 04-02-2016, 11:53 AM
johnp793
My Feedback: (30)

On April 1, Mike sent out a note saying that Global Hobbies will no longer be the USA agent for Sanwa. Another web site, http://www.sanwa-denshi.com/ seems to be the new point of contact. Anyone have any further information?

This new web site does show some "new" products and hints at things to come (speed controls/ gyros "under construction").

John

Last edited by johnp793; 04-02-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:08 AM
ToddNicholson

That's just Sanwa's website that's been around for years. According to their distributor list, it looks like Serpent USA is the new USA distributor. Which makes sense, since Sanwa has no interest in aircraft radios and are only focusing on car stuff.

According to Sanwa's website, as of April 1st, Serpent USA has taken over sales and support. Global will continue to support customers as long as they have parts available. I'm sure they'll be more information regarding this as the transition continues.

http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/repo...stributor.html

Todd

Last edited by ToddNicholson; 04-04-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:51 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.airtronics.net/ still the same and yes they are still interested in aircraft. Also Hobby People is the main supplier of Airtronics gear.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:36 PM
hogflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I contacted Airtronics the other day about a bad receiver and Airtronics said to contact Serpent for warranty issues. I'm not sure what they are going to handle, but if it's a warranty issue it's now Serpent USA you have to contact.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:48 PM
abelard

OK, this doesn't give me a warm feeling. I've been using RDS8000 gear for years, and was just getting ready to order an SD-10G which would let me keep using my existing inventory of receivers (in FHSS-1 mode, of course) while going to 10G with new builds. Do I have some kind of upgrade path available with another manufacturer? I hope I don't have to give in to the FutaBorg.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:53 PM
DRC1

Originally Posted by abelard
OK, this doesn't give me a warm feeling. I've been using RDS8000 gear for years, and was just getting ready to order an SD-10G which would let me keep using my existing inventory of receivers (in FHSS-1 mode, of course) while going to 10G with new builds. Do I have some kind of upgrade path available with another manufacturer? I hope I don't have to give in to the FutaBorg.
Not much of an upgrade path staying in Airtronics.

With that said, I did just move to another MFG and have a bunch of ATX equipment to unload including two SD-10G (one with very low time, the other is well used) and an Aquila 6ch radio in great condition with little time. I also have a bunch of 10ch Rx as well as other Rx's.

PM me if you are interested.

Larry Diamond
Old 04-23-2016, 07:36 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DiamondRC
Not much of an upgrade path staying in Airtronics.

With that said, I did just move to another MFG and have a bunch of ATX equipment to unload including two SD-10G (one with very low time, the other is well used) and an Aquila 6ch radio in great condition with little time. I also have a bunch of 10ch Rx as well as other Rx's.

PM me if you are interested.

Larry Diamond
Airtronics will still be around but with a different importer and they will be called Sanwa now. I think Sanwa may have shot themselves in the foot by not making the announcement of the change earlier and making
sure of a smooth transition from one importer to another the new importer should have already had up the new Airtronics / Sanwa website. and the old importer should have taken down there Airtronics site and
replaced with a link to Global Hobby.
The following users liked this post:
pancake (08-23-2020)
Old 06-11-2018, 09:08 AM
johnp793
My Feedback: (30)

My sons and I are long time Airtronics users, and were sad to see the transition to Sanwa. Has anyone had any luck getting support from the new distributor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.