Notices

Vintage freshman electric-rc soarer for slope or thermal

Old 04-23-2018, 11:36 AM
giantcubfan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage freshman electric-rc soarer for slope or thermal

VINTAGE FRESHMAN ELECTRIC SAILPLANE
Up for auction is a Freshman Electric Airplane purchased from Hobby Lobby International around 1992. It is NIB and has never been removed from the box except the plans and instruction book shown in the photos. Manufactured by Premier Balsa Products, Essex, England. A great kit to build or add it to you collection as it is rare and hard to find. The box shows some minor wear and discoloration.This kit has die cut balsa and plywood parts and spruce wing spars. The airfoil is a high lift flat bottom wing that the catalog claims to hang in the air at low airspeeds. This airplane was designed to use the older type can motor with a Ni-cad Tamiya type battery. A three channel radio system is required (not included). Specifications:WS-72in (1800 mm) Length-35in (889 mm) Wing area-564 sq. in.Flying weight: 25 oz. w/o electric. Wing loading: 6.4 oz. per sq. ft.Flying weight: 46 oz. with direct drive GRAUPNER SPEED 600 and 7.2 BATTERY. Wing loading: 11.8 oz. per sq. ft.Can be made for Rudder and Elevator or Rudder, Elevator and Motor control. Shipping to the lower 48 states only by. No P.O. Boxes. Please ask questions before bidding as I am clearing out my RC collection and will not accept returns. Shipping cost not included in price.
FREE DELIVERY TO THE JOE NALL