CARF Extra 330L 2.6M ARF

Notices

CARF Extra 330L 2.6M ARF

Old 06-18-2018, 02:15 PM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default CARF Extra 330L 2.6M ARF

MOTIVATED TO SELL!! MAKE REASONABLE OFFER!

Hello Guys,

Up for sale is a CARF Extra 330L 2.6M ARF. I got this in a lot sale and planned on selling it once I got a canopy frame and clear canopy for it. I ordered the new canopy from Andy at CARF. However, there are no 330L canopies left, but the 300SX canopy is a perfect fit. He had only one canopy frame left and it was red, but this will need to be painted anyway, so no big deal. If you wanted to fly it in the white and blue, you could paint the canopy frame white to match.

This was the predecessor to the Extra 300SX and has the blade spar system. The airplane is overall excellent condition with a few minor hangar rash marks. The two spots that I noticed during inspection are the two small dings on the left side of the turtle deck and another ding that partially broke through the outer layer on the bottom of the wing by the servo opening. Neither of these dents broke through the inside and they are just cosmetic. Since the airplane has to be painted, a little filler would take care of each spot quickly! If you don't want to paint it, neither will affect structural integrity or performance.

The only other thing to note is there is some chipping on the vertical stab, this will not affect performance either and when it comes to paint, I would back the areas with some lightweight fiberglass and use some filler, again an easy job! I took pictures of all areas noted, these are very minor and easily fixed.

Includes all the items pictured. The only thing that has been done was, the servo mounts where glued onto the covers. I am not sure if all the wood components are there, but these are easily fabricated. There were no hardware packs with the model, but most will prefer to use their own hardware anyway. The new canopy frame already has the tabs installed from the factory so that will not need to be done. Overall a like new model and considering the age of the model in excellent shape!

I would prefer not to ship, unless buyer arranges all crating and shipping and assumes all risk and liability. However, I am willing to drive to deliver within a days drive, about 500-600 miles round trip from 83642 zip code.

Please look at all the pictures, this shows actual condition of the airplane and components. $900 OBRO and I am motivated to sell. I am always open to offers, but kindly ask to be reasonable. This is basically a new airplane, even though it is older, it is still like new! If you have any question, please feel free to reach out and PM me and I will get back to you quickly. Thanks for looking
Old 06-26-2018, 06:39 AM
JRSmith

Make Reasonable Offer!
Old 06-29-2018, 08:32 AM
JRSmith

All reasonable offers will be considered. Make Offer!
Old 07-12-2018, 04:01 AM
JRSmith

ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED! I want to get this sold and the shelve space cleared! Thanks!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:30 PM
vixrc
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would you consider a drive to Salt Lake city to sell it ? I'm in southwest Co. thanks, Vic
Old 07-12-2018, 07:47 PM
JRSmith

Yes, I would consider driving to Salt Lake City to meet for delivery for the right deal. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:14 PM
vixrc
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Carf 35% Edge never flown, fully fitted with JR 8711 servos, and a DA 100 twin. I thought I sold it but not yet.
Does the Extra have the skin hinged ailerons ? My edge has a custom in the gelcoat finish. I'm not familiar with the Edge or having to paint it. What does the glass coat look like? does it need sanding and then painting ?
Old 07-13-2018, 05:59 PM
JRSmith

The ailerons are skin hinged. The glass coat is very nice and you would want to sand the seams down and scuff it up if you decided to paint it. You could put graphics on it and fly it the way it is also. Thanks!