Notices

Custom built rc airplane trailer - 5' x 8' with removable top/enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 06:31 PM
dandcbarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom built rc airplane trailer - 5' x 8' with removable top/enclosure

CUSTOM BUILT RC AIRPLANE TRAILER - 5' X 8' WITH REMOVABLE TOP/ENCLOSURE - $750

This trailer started out as a Tractor Supply 5' x 8' utility trailer. It was modified with the following:

- Flooring was replaced with 2" x 8" dimensional lumber. This is much nicer and stronger than floor that trailers originally come with.
- An enclosure was made that bolts to the flooring. It is 32" deep. It is made of double wall construction that is extremely strong and light weight. The enclosure was designed to be easily removable to use it as an open trailer. There are 2 hinged doors that cover the end of the trailer. Also easily removable.
- A custom made tonneau cover that is easily removable covers the enclosure. It is made from marine grade heavy duty canvas over an aluminum frame work. Stainless marine grade snaps secure it to the frame. It is supported by 2 prop rods.
- A tongue jack was added that makes it easy to move around.
- The original ramp is also included. This is not shown in the photos.

This trailer was built around 7 years ago to haul my giant scale RC airplanes. You can use it for whatever. It tows easily with a small economy car. I used a Chevy Cavalier to pull it. A lot engineering and time went into building this, quality from start to finish.

For more information call Dave at (989) Three 4 Three- 9180.