Go Back  RCU Forums > Marketplace
Reload this Page >

Unassembled ARF Skymaster 2.6 meter Viper Mark II with latest Airex, + Lots of Extras

Community
Search
Notices

Unassembled ARF Skymaster 2.6 meter Viper Mark II with latest Airex, + Lots of Extras

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 02:59 PM
Harvey Mushman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unassembled ARF Skymaster 2.6 meter Viper Mark II with latest Airex, + Lots of Extras

Complete airframe with latest Airex lightweight construction and custom paint. You can add sponsor markings of your choice (Canon, Mobil 1, etc.).
Upgraded gear door hinges to BVM metal hinges, installed.
3 CM Jets Kevlar tanks (2 fuel and 1 smoke) with Intairco large hardware. Increased fuel capacity to 4.4 liters.
Complete factory airframe hardware set.
Skymaster 2.6m Viper II cockpit without pilots.
Factory touch-up paint set (3 colors - yellow, blue and white).
J.E.T. (Joe Tamez in Texas) Stainless tailpipe with spun aluminum bellmouth.
Details 4 Scale complete lighting system for SM 2.6m Viper. Position lights, anti-collision lights, and landing lights.
Smoke system. Powerbox dual line jet pump, hoses and 2 stainless feed lines.
No landing gear (retracts, struts or wheels). Factory struts and Electron retracts available separately (below).
Work completed:
Turbine mount alignment corrected and turbine mounts installed (for Jetcat P160-180) but easy to adapt others.
Internal turbine area coated with BVM heat shield paint.
Tailpipe mounts plus custom ceramic cloth lined mid-support installed for perfect turbine centerline alignment.
Bottom hatch and hatch mounting areas reinforced to eliminate stress when jet is sitting on a stand.
$2800. Buyer pays shipping, or pickup in San Diego (if shipping, I highly recommend Greyhound bus for lowest shipping cost to 48 states).
I should have kept the original box so if shipping then I'll cover the cost to have one made. The Skymaster box was so-so, therefore I'll have a good double wall box made. Also, Greyhound is friendlier with big boxes than other carriers.

Last edited by Harvey Mushman; 08-17-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Harvey Mushman

More:
Skymaster hydraulic struts for 2.6m Viper Mark II (hydraulic fluid damping type with internal springs and adjustable air pressure).
$600.

Electron retracts – latest design with GS-200 gyro stabilized retract controller/brake controller and sequencer.
2 ER-50 mains and 1 ER-40 nose with direct drive servo plate. All with new hi-torque square thread lead screws.
Electron ball bearing wheels with electromagnetic brakes (perfect straight braking with GS-200 controller).
3 Electron linear actuators for gear doors.
$800.

Struts and retracts/brakes/wheels/door actuators together.
$1200.

Complete ARF airplane as described above, plus Skymaster hydraulic struts, plus Electron retracts/brakes/wheels/door actuators and GS-200 gyro stabilized controller.
$3700 for everything.

Last edited by Harvey Mushman; 08-17-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Harvey Mushman

More photos of airframe.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:14 PM
Harvey Mushman

Here are the 2 issues with this plane:
One the cockpit instrument shroud has a piece broken from one corner. See photo of shroud.
The other is the ends of the horizontal stabs need attention on the bottom and sides of elevator balance tabs. Small pieces of wood can be added to improve.
See photo of bottom of horizontal stabs at elevator balance tabs.