Go Back  RCU Forums > Marketplace
Reload this Page >

rc soldering jig. Aluminum vise with silicone jaws for a conforming, non marring grip

Notices

rc soldering jig. Aluminum vise with silicone jaws for a conforming, non marring grip

Old 03-15-2019, 09:36 AM
deploymentblows
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc soldering jig. Aluminum vise with silicone jaws for a conforming, non marring grip

Due to these things becoming extremely popular literally overnight I have to edit this post. So, the last used one is gone and I am being swamped with requests for new ones so I am making this public so everyone can see it. The $20 asking price was for the used ones I had on hand. I cannot sell them new for that price. New ones are selling for $30. anything less than that and I cannot justify the amount of time it takes to machine them. I am currently making a bunch of new ones and will ship them out as I get them done. The cheapest I can get the shipping down to is $8.00 and thats by using a USPS flat rate box of which I can fit two of the vises. If anyone is still interested just send me a private message and I will add your name to the list. In the hunt for a good soldering jig I was unable to find something that was the right size, quality and as universal as I needed so I built my own. This little guy is solid aluminum with silicone jaw inserts. The silicone jaws insulate from both heat and electrical current. This allows the connectors being soldered to heat up quickly with a lower watt iron. I have since made a few more and no longer need this one so I am selling it to see if it might be worth making a bunch more. The overall dimensions are 4" long x 2.8" wide x 1.65" tall. The jaw opening ranges from 0" to 1.75". This vise is bare aluminum and not coated. The pictures show the original design of the vise while the attached CAD models are what is currently being made. I will update pictures in a few days.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
low profile vise_1.bmp (4.20 MB, 38 views)
File Type: bmp
low profile vise.bmp (4.20 MB, 14 views)

Last edited by deploymentblows; 03-16-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:13 PM
SMYK
My Feedback: (49)

Default soldering vise - jig

I will take it for $20
shipping ?
PayPal address ?

Mike
Old 03-15-2019, 02:50 PM
deploymentblows

Originally Posted by SMYK
I will take it for $20
shipping ?
PayPal address ?

Mike
Mike, looks like shipping is $8.00 using a USPS flat rate box. You can paypal me $28.00 at [email protected] and I will get it shipped out right away.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:25 PM
bonehead2434
My Feedback: (179)

Default Stuff

I'll take one [email protected] or 5024458147 Jerry
Old 03-16-2019, 10:24 AM
deploymentblows

So, the last used one is gone and I am being swamped with requests for new ones so I am making this public so everyone can see it. The $20 asking price was for the used ones I had on hand. I cannot sell them new for that price. New ones are selling for $30. anything less than that and I cannot justify the amount of time it takes to machine them. I am currently making a bunch of new ones and will ship them out as I get them done. The cheapest I can get the shipping down to is $8.00 and thats by using a USPS flat rate box of which I can fit two of the vises. If anyone is still interested just send me a private message and I will add your name to the list.