AR12120 12-Channel DSMX/XPlus PowerSafe Receiver

Notices

AR12120 12-Channel DSMX/XPlus PowerSafe Receiver

Old 03-23-2019, 07:13 AM
Srobinson352
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR12120 12-Channel DSMX/XPlus PowerSafe Receiver

I have 1 NEVER used AR12120 12-Channel DSMX/XPlus PowerSafe Receiver for sale. Buyer pays shipping and PayPay fees (to avoid paypal fees, send money through friends and family....)

e-mail me directly at [email protected] if interested

NOTE: it has been brought to my attention by an unfortunately aggressive jerk with a clear inferiority complex that this might be a cloned version of the receiver. I am not aware of this and I did not purchase this as a cloned unit. However, in sight of this I am reducing the price to below that of the site he has provided me to review.

OVERVIEW

The Spektrum AR12120 is a 12-channel DSMX® PowerSafe(TM) receiver that gives you the option of adding extra channels simply by plugging a Spektrum X-Plus8 channel expander into its SRXL port. This makes it ideal for scale modelers who like to push realism to the extreme with working accessories and lights, in addition to regular control functions - all in one small packages.

The PowerSafe battery system of the AR12120 incorporates redundant, dual-battery leads for use with battery systems up to 10 volts. Besides the ability to supply all the power your aircraft demands, the AR12120 also includes four small, remote receivers that let you take advantage of patented DualLink technology that ensure a comprehensive safety network on multiple levels.

The Spektrum AR12120 PowerSafe(TM) offers the ultimate solution for powering high-current draw radio systems. In aircraft with multiple high-current draw servos (e.g. giant-scale aircraft, jets, etc.), the AR12120 PowerSafe can provide peak current of up to 50 amps and offers true dual battery redundancy and a fail-on soft switch for the ultimate in reliability. By locating up to four remote receivers throughout the aircraft, the RF link can be optimized in even the most demanding aircraft installations that have significant conductive materials like carbon, stainless steel bypass tubes, tuned exhausts, etc. For models high in carbon fiber content the SPM9646 DSMX Carbon Fiber Remote Receiver is compatible with the AR12120.

Applications
o Giant-scale aircraft
o Jets with multiple high-current draw servos
o Scale aircraft with multiple high-current draw servos and accessories (e.g. lights, ESCs, air valves, etc.)
o Scale helicopters

KEY FEATURES

• 12-channel DSMX® PowerSafe(TM) reciever
  • True dual battery redundancy--each battery is isolated and if one fails/shorts the other takes over
  • Utilizes up to four remote receivers for the ultimate RF link in even the most demanding applications
  • Up to 35 amps continuous and 50 amps peak current handling capability
  • Fail-on soft switch in case the switch is damaged
  • Two types of failsafe--SmartSafe(TM) (throttle only) and preset failsafe (all servos)
  • QuickConnect(TM)--if a power interruption (brownout) occurs, the system reconnects in less than 1/2 second
  • Flight Log compatible
  • Heavy 16 AWG dual battery leads with pre-wired E-flite® EC3(TM) connectors
  • Compatible with all Spektrum(TM) and JR® full-range DSM2® and DSMX® radio systems
  • 2048 resolution
  • X Plus(TM) compatible

Last edited by Srobinson352; 03-24-2019 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:55 AM
jstyle13

This is a cloned Spektrum Rx and not a real one.

https://www.lightmalls.com/spektrum-...ver-spmar12120
Old 03-23-2019, 05:28 PM
Srobinson352

Well that’s news to me but thanks for your opinion.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:36 PM
jstyle13

Originally Posted by Srobinson352
Well that’s news to me but thanks for your opinion.
Genuine 12120s (or any Spektrum Rx for that matter) don’t come in metallic gray plastic bags with instruction sheets typed up on a folded white piece of paper. And guess what, every single Spektrum Rx has a unique RF ID tag on the back and the Sats. However, even though I can’t see yours, I know it says HH108X like all the 12120 clones do. But ya your right, I’m sure it’s legit.

Educate yourself on how to spot a fake on a write up I did several years back here.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=208990

But hey, maybe you’ll find some sucker to send you $150 via PayPal and the Friends and Family option for a $80 cloned Rx...

Last edited by jstyle13; 03-23-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:12 PM
jstyle13

Wait, so I’m a dick because I called out a fake Spektrum Rx being sold by a guy asking for people to pay with the friends and family option through PayPal....? My bad man, I’ll leave you alone to trying to rip someone off with an obviously cloned Rx.

Last edited by jstyle13; 03-23-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:29 AM
Sabercat757575

Yep clone!!! Sat says made in china!! Plus jstyle13 is an expert on this subject!!! I always take his opinion as fact!!!
Old 03-24-2019, 05:01 AM
Srobinson352

My issue is not that he has a superior knowledge of an item or situation. It is that he approaches it as though he is shaming someone for doing something wrong when he has NO idea of them or the situation, and he is overbearingly publicly aggressive like he just uncovered some conspiracy. The guy might be smart but he is a jerk for sure.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:48 AM
VF12345

Default Edit the Ad Title and Price

You now know it’s a cheap fake receiver and should edit your ad to reflect that. Happy flying everyone.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:36 AM
paulsrc
My Feedback: (124)

Absolutely a clone, Josh is a great guy and dont believe his intent is to attack anyone Just stating the obvious that the receiver is a fake and should be listed as such.
take the loss instead of passing it on to another fellow member.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:39 PM
Srobinson352

Default Thank you.

I wish Josh would have stated his thoughts as well as you did. Thank you for the insight. I did hear back from Horizon Hobby and here were his remarks (for what it is worth):

Yes this does appear to be counterfeit. Give away is the 2 silver dots above the Spektrum name, they are supposed to be windows to see the blue LEDs under them. Also the remote receivers the circuitry you can see thru the case is not right there's an IC installed where there should be programming pins.

If you would happen to know the name of a company making them let me know and our legal team will pursue it.

Horizon has given info to Customs to try and catch incoming clones.

If you have the email address from where you bought it if on-line then we can get the link removed.

Thanks
Dave Poole
Service Center Mgr

Horizon Hobby, LLC
Hours (CST):
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
QUOTE=paulsrc;12513979]Absolutely a clone, Josh is a great guy and dont believe his intent is to attack anyone Just stating the obvious that the receiver is a fake and should be listed as such.
take the loss instead of passing it on to another fellow member.[/QUOTE]