Notices

Need a muffler please

Engines & Motors - 2 Stroke Glow, O.S. Engines, OS 60 MAX-H

06-06-2019, 12:15 PM | Replies: 8 | Views: 250
  • Expired
  • Expired
Join Date: May 2002
iTrader: (0)
brickwoodward is offline  

  • Price
    Any Price
  • Location Titusville, FL, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Manufacturer O.S. Engines
  • Model OS 60 MAX-H
Description:

I'm looking for a SEMCO strap on muffler for the OS 60 MAX-H.
Thank you, bill

My phone is 321-268-0948, please leave a message, thank you, Bill

Old 06-06-2019, 12:41 PM
  #2  
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)
 
RichardGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dixon, CA
Posts: 996
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

FYI - the center screw hole is for an exhaust butterfly.
The muffler you seek would be a strap-on style, not a bolt-on.
RichardGee is offline  
Old 06-06-2019, 03:19 PM
  #3  
brickwoodward
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: titusville florida, FL
Posts: 179
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by RichardGee View Post
FYI - the center screw hole is for an exhaust butterfly.
The muffler you seek would be a strap-on style, not a bolt-on.
thank you very much. I had no idea how old it is, but Iím guessing now itís a fairly old engine? Maybe 60ís?
thanks again, bill
brickwoodward is offline  
Old 06-06-2019, 05:36 PM
  #4  
aerowoof
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: pembroke, NH
Posts: 2,957
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

os muffler 704 is the one you need,rare and hard to fine,you engine is the blackhead that came out early to mid 70's,it tool the place of the goldhead from the late sixties.these were produced just at the time mufflers were starting to be required at most fields.
aerowoof is offline  
Old 06-06-2019, 05:48 PM
  #5  
brickwoodward
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: titusville florida, FL
Posts: 179
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by aerowoof View Post
os muffler 704 is the one you need,rare and hard to fine,you engine is the blackhead that came out early to mid 70's,it tool the place of the goldhead from the late sixties.these were produced just at the time mufflers were starting to be required at most fields.
thank you so much for the response. Iíll look for one but I will probably have to manufacture a header/muffler setup for it. Iím guessing the 704 was a strap on?. I have a couple of headers and tuned pipes/mufflers I can make work.
thanks again, bill
brickwoodward is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:43 PM
  #6  
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Parrish, FL
Posts: 445
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I'll have a look in the older muffler drawer. I have a few Semco strap-on mufflers and adapters. If I don't get back to you, it means I don't have anything that will work. Worth a shot! --Tony, Parrish, Fl
Tony Iannucelli is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:59 PM
  #7  
brickwoodward
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: titusville florida, FL
Posts: 179
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Tony Iannucelli View Post
I'll have a look in the older muffler drawer. I have a few Semco strap-on mufflers and adapters. If I don't get back to you, it means I don't have anything that will work. Worth a shot! --Tony, Parrish, Fl
thank you Tony! I appreciate the help. I was going to call Graves and see what they had laying around. Itís 55 miles over there so I usually call first.
Thanks again, bill
brickwoodward is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:15 AM
  #8  
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Parrish, FL
Posts: 445
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I checked my stored gear and all I could find that might help was a few Semco adapters that look like 60 size and two straps designed for their mufflers. The only muffler I had left was for a 40 size helicopter engine which has the port 90 degrees to the muffler body. No help there. So, if you can find a 60 size Semco strap on muffler, one of the two adapters I have might fit. Best I can do. I'd put in a 'wanted' ad on RCU. There have to be a lot of guys with old Semcos hanging around. From the 1970s. Ouch, I'm getting really old.
Tony Iannucelli is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:53 PM
  #9  
brickwoodward
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: titusville florida, FL
Posts: 179
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Tony Iannucelli View Post
I checked my stored gear and all I could find that might help was a few Semco adapters that look like 60 size and two straps designed for their mufflers. The only muffler I had left was for a 40 size helicopter engine which has the port 90 degrees to the muffler body. No help there. So, if you can find a 60 size Semco strap on muffler, one of the two adapters I have might fit. Best I can do. I'd put in a 'wanted' ad on RCU. There have to be a lot of guys with old Semcos hanging around. From the 1970s. Ouch, I'm getting really old.
thanks so much Tony! Iíll post that. I bet Iím older than you are!! I finally got out of the circle and in rc in 1979. My first circle time was in 1955 in Marietta Georgia at the elementary school behind us. My last steady rc flying was in 03, just before my folks age issues caught up. I see your 120 miles from here, Titusville, Florida. Anytime you get this way, youíre always welcome. Cell is 321-360-2545.
brickwoodward is offline  
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.