Go Back  RCU Forums > Marketplace
Reload this Page >

ME-163 Komet E-Powered 82" Scale Rocket Plane (hard to find)

ME-163 Komet E-Powered 82" Scale Rocket Plane (hard to find)

Airplanes - Jets, Joe Saitta

06-15-2019, 01:27 PM | Replies: 0 | Views: 642
  • Expired
  • Expired
  • Expired
  • Expired
  • Expired
  • Expired
  • Expired
  • Expired
  • Expired

• Price
    $1,300
    • OBO • Trade
  • Location Farmington Hills, MI, USA
  • Condition New
  • Model Joe Saitta
Description:

Here is your chance to attract all of the attention at any scale meet or Sunday fun fly, and still have a plane with no bad habits that will fly great!

I have a newly built completely RTF (minus receiver) ME-163 Komet built from the Joe Saitta short kit/plans. It is the 82" no separate flap version (one control surface on each wing).When I say RTF, I mean RTF. You can drop in a receiver (or buy the one that's in there (Airtronics 10 channel)), charge the batteries, and fly (even the C of G is dead on)!

Included in the sale:
-Never flown ME-163 Komet set up for 6S-10S batteries
-620kv electric motor to swing a relatively small prop very fast for scale speeds and look (12x12) on it now
-Castle Creations Ice 80 High Voltage (HV) ESC (already programmed)
-Custom landing gear dolly that keys into carbon fiber phenolics in the bottom of the fuselage (from Gator wing adjuster kit)
-All JR High end careless BB servos (4 total: tailwheel steering, rudder, 2x ailerons/elevators)
-2 sets of brand new 6S Zippy 5000Mah 30C LiPo batteries (4x3S), never charged or discharged, still at storage charge voltage. These were purchased specifically for this plane 3 weeks ago. Can also be mated with 5S packs to fly on 8S (ESC will handle up to 10S)
-New 2S receiver Lipo

The plane is very well built and thoughtfully set up. I even put in a foot long battery tray to accommodate almost any battery configuration. The plane balances right on F3 (aft end of cockpit) and is set up perfectly for the weight of the 6S packs (up front). My plan was to add cells (up to 10S) after the maiden and move the batteries back as necessary to maintain or adjust the balance point.

It is a beautiful airplane, it has a little hangar rash but not much, it has thousands of simulated rivets, and is weathered quite nicely. The only negative I should mention is, I cracked one of the aileron hatch covers and had to make another one. I was out of the matching paint so it is still raw wood color.

This is a very nice, hard to find (the last one listed here sold for $1700) attention grabbing airplane that has a wonderful airfoil and huge flight envelope. This plane was designed with a great glide ratio as the full scale version would glide in for a landing after the rocket fuel was depleted. You can show up with this rarely kitted giant scale speedster at the next warbird meet and fly rings around all the heavy metal warbirds.

Unfortunately the plane is in one piece and can NOT be shipped. I am, however, willing to work with the buyer on delivery/pickup for a reasonable price. Although it is an 82" wingspan, it fits nicely in even a mid sized SUV due to the very short tail moment. It goes in my GMC Envoy diagonally with no problem at all.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I love to build and love just about everything that flies and would be open to trade offers. I am mostly into jets or pattern, but let me know what you have and we can talk.

Thanks for looking