Krill Yak 55M 33%

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 02:10 PM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Krill Yak 55M 33%

Guys,

Up for sale is a project that I have lost interest in and it is just sitting on the shelf and I see no reason to keep it. I bought this in a lot with the Extra and when I purchased it, it had a fair amount of hanger rash that I started to repair and there are few more things to do, but for the most part, it is ready for final sanding, prep, and paint. I documented the majority of the repair in this thread.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=223167

I had the paint matched and put into rattle cans as pictured from the local automotive paint store.

I want to focus on other things and would like to offer this up for sale as well. It includes the Wing Bags as pictured. They are very nice.

This plane has never been flown and still requires to be assembled. All the damage pictures are from hanger rash and more cosmetic then anything. I did put fiberglass reinforcement as shown in the repair thread above. The repairs are sound and strong. You hardly notice where the repairs where done inside.

I don't have the time to finish it and need to clear shelf space, so with a little work you will a very nice flying airplane. This plane retails for $1,995 and that does not include the wing bags or $150.00 in paint.

I am asking $1,100 OBRO! So make reasonable offer, but I kindly ask to be reasonable. I am located in Meridian, ID and prefer not ship this, unless the buyer is willing to accept liability and all associated costs with crating and freight fees. However, I am willing to drive to deliver within a days drive, about 500-600 miles round trip from 83642 zip code.

Please see pictures for best description, I did my best to take pictures of every area of concern. Thanks for looking and please PM me if you have any questions.

Here are the specs from the Chief Aircraft website.

Canopy opening is much larger for easy access and installation
Integrated all composite tray for Rx, batteries, rudder servos, etc
All composite landing gear plate integrated into fuselage
Carbon fiber firewall
All composite root rib
C/F stab tubes
Anodized wing tube 40/1mm
Aluminum landing gear
The most important feature in this model is a use of integrated composite formers and ribs. By doing this, Krill managed to built a lighter, stronger and professionally looking airplane. Only 1.2% of this plane is made out of wood, so this is really an ALL COMPOSITE MODEL.
This model is for all diehards and sport pilots, flying either scale aerobatics or 3D. Just like it's larger brother, it's flying characteristics are incredible. But it's up to you to make this judgement. You can already see some the major differences inside the airplane. They have been carefully calculated and discussed with Krill's company pilot and designer Gernot Bruckmann. Airplane was designed for FAI - F3M category and IMAC in USA.
Wings, elevators and rudder are installed
Removable rudder
Clear canopy is glued into frame
Cowl installed, using 6 x 5mm bolts
Landing gear is pre drilled
All control horns openings are pre cut for our CNC machined f/g horns
Specs:
Wingspan: 102.3" (2600mm)
Length: 96.5" (2450mm)
Flying Weight: 24.3 lbs (11 kg)
Wing Area: 128 dm2
Wing Loading: 90 g/dm2
Engine: 80-120cc
Required: 5 channel radio & 8 servos

Last edited by JRSmith; 07-27-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:41 AM
JRSmith

Make Reasonable Offer!
Old 06-29-2018, 08:32 AM
JRSmith

All reasonable offers will be considered. Make Offer!
Old 07-12-2018, 04:03 AM
JRSmith

ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED! I want to get this sold and the shelve space cleared! Thanks!
Old 07-24-2018, 05:36 PM
Clmoore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Krill Yak

I interested in the plane. Your ad said Obo or trade. What would be the bottom dollar? OR what are you willing to trade. Non rc related items? I live in Wyoming, and if your willing to do a bit of a drive as the ad said. Could work out good. Ad has been on for a bit. If you answer and still available we can go from there. Thanks for your time.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:14 PM
JRSmith

The airplane is still available. There is only a couple of items I would be interested in trading, what do you have to offer in trade? Only interested in RC related items. However, I would much rather sell it and I would do $850.00 and as long as I can meet you withing a days drive. I am willing met you half way. Not sure where you are at in WY. So please send me an email if you are interested and we can go from there. Thanks

[email protected]