Go Back  RCU Forums > Marketplace
Reload this Page >

RARE NIB PICA DUELIST 240 R/C TWIN ENGINE AIRPLANE KIT, with FULL TRICYCLE RETRACTS!

Community
Search
Notices

RARE NIB PICA DUELIST 240 R/C TWIN ENGINE AIRPLANE KIT, with FULL TRICYCLE RETRACTS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Anklebiter
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RARE NIB PICA DUELIST 240 R/C TWIN ENGINE AIRPLANE KIT, with FULL TRICYCLE RETRACTS!

Just in time for your favorite R/C modelers Christmas or Holiday Gift for the Winter Build, this is a RARE, NEW-IN-BOX PICA DUELIST 240 KIT, COMPLETE AND IN PRISTINE CONDITION! INCLUDED ARE A COMPLETE NEW SET OF RHOM-AIR TRICYCLE RETRACTABLE LAND GEAR, COMPLETE WITH ALL NECESSARY FITTINGS AND TUBING. The kit is available without the landing gear for $350.00

Long considered one of the very best handling twin engine radio-controlled airplanes in the hobby, exactly what Pica designed the DUELIST 240 to be. The DUELIST combines sleek, elegant appearance with simple, straight-forward structure, making it ideal for a beginner flyers' second low-wing airplane and first twin. It's design has made for many successful 'kit-bashing' efforts to model scale planes such as the 'Mosquito', Cessna 310, etc.

This new, complete kit contains laser-cut balsa and lite ply parts, pre-shaped parts, assorted hardwood, plywood, and aileron torque rods. Also included are full-size plans and an instruction manual with isometric drawings.

The Duelist 240 will span 67" with a 14" wing cord. The fuselage is 54" long. It will require a minimum 4 channel radio to control ailerons, elevator, rudder, and throttle. A 6-9 channel radio system (Futaba, Speckrum, Hitec, etal) would allow for retractable landing gear and/or flaps. The kit is designed to accept either fixed or retractable landing gear; flaps are easily added with a bit of modification. The design calls for two .25-.40 2-cycle, or two .52-56 4-cycle nitro engines, such as those offered by OS Engines, Saito, Thunder Tiger, Magnum, and others. An electric conversion using 32-40 size outrunner motors is an interesting and very doable possibility.

Included with the Duelist is a complete, NIB, set of Rhom-Air tricycle retractable landing gear, just the ticket to complete this beautiful aircraft. (Note: the front retract pictured was removed from another new package, it is brand new. The mains in that package were 90 degree twist & rotate, not suitable for the Duelist).

Retract Specs:

- 90 degree straight rotation, mains and front

- Front gear is steerable; control horn is installed

- Gear legs are 5/32"x7 3/4" (mains), 5/32"x~7" front, hardened piano wire (builder cuts to desired length)

- Included is an air tank, air tubing, air connectors, up/down control valve (micro servo operated), filler valve, and filler valve fill fitting w/tubing.

This kit is long out of production, and finding one this pristine is rare. Buy it now before someone else does!!!

Buyer pays shipping from 94505: 10 lbs; 38"x12"x7"

Thanks for looking!
Old 12-08-2018, 06:24 PM
auggie622
My Feedback: (39)

will take it. contact me at: [email protected]
steven
Old 12-08-2018, 11:26 PM
Anklebiter

Default Pics Duelist with retracts

Sounds good, let's figure out the shipping costs. Please provide me with your shipping address and I'll send you the total. I presume that you want it with the retracts.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Billiam1954

Default Planex

well is it still for:sale or still talk thanks bill
Old 12-09-2018, 09:16 PM
Anklebiter

Sent you an email. Yes, it's still available. The info is on the thread to calculate shipping, or I'm happy to do it for you if you give me your shipping address. I'm shipping from zip code 94505. Sorry for the confusion, haven't used this forum in quite a while. A buyer used to just buy something outright right off the website. I guess now we have to exchange email address, etc. Anyway, if you know the shipping costs, you can use my Paypal account at [email protected] to pay for the kit.

Thanks,
AB
Old 12-12-2018, 08:51 AM
auggie622

This is the third time I've tried to contact you with no response. Are we still on the same page or has it been sold.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Anklebiter

I don't understand what's going on. I've responded to all of your posts and sent you an email outside of this forum. Yes, the kit is still available. Please calculate the shipping costs from 94505 to your address and make payment to Paypal to [email protected].

Thank You.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:58 AM
auggie622

I never got any emails or messages from you - curious how this one got thru. Don't know the size of the box or weight. If you give me the dimension (L x W x H) and weight, I can calculate the cost
Steven
Old 12-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Anklebiter

Originally Posted by auggie622
I never got any emails or messages from you - curious how this one got thru. Don't know the size of the box or weight. If you give me the dimension (L x W x H) and weight, I can calculate the cost
Steven
Steven

The box weighs 10lbs, dimensions are 38"x12"x9". This information is at the bottom of my original ad, but in smaller print, easy to miss.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 12-12-2018, 07:52 PM
Billiam1954

Default Plane

just sent money info concerning plane with shipping $405 total please let me know thanks bill you can text me at 949-230-6847 or email me at [email protected]
Old 12-13-2018, 06:54 AM
Billiam1954

Default Plane

got a message from u lastnite but it was about an eagle what I’m looking at is the duelist with retracts the shipping cost I came up with was$20 bucks for a total of $405 please respond yes or no thanks bill