Search
Notices

Need a muffler please

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 12:15 PM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for a SEMCO strap on muffler setup for an OS 60, circa 70-73

I'm looking for a SEMCO strap on muffler for the OS 60 MAX-H.
Thank you, bill

My phone is 321-268-0948, please leave a message, thank you, Bill

Last edited by brickwoodward; 06-13-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:41 PM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

FYI - the center screw hole is for an exhaust butterfly.
The muffler you seek would be a strap-on style, not a bolt-on.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:19 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by RichardGee
FYI - the center screw hole is for an exhaust butterfly.
The muffler you seek would be a strap-on style, not a bolt-on.
thank you very much. I had no idea how old it is, but I’m guessing now it’s a fairly old engine? Maybe 60’s?
thanks again, bill
Old 06-06-2019, 05:36 PM
aerowoof

os muffler 704 is the one you need,rare and hard to fine,you engine is the blackhead that came out early to mid 70's,it tool the place of the goldhead from the late sixties.these were produced just at the time mufflers were starting to be required at most fields.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:48 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by aerowoof
os muffler 704 is the one you need,rare and hard to fine,you engine is the blackhead that came out early to mid 70's,it tool the place of the goldhead from the late sixties.these were produced just at the time mufflers were starting to be required at most fields.
thank you so much for the response. I’ll look for one but I will probably have to manufacture a header/muffler setup for it. I’m guessing the 704 was a strap on?. I have a couple of headers and tuned pipes/mufflers I can make work.
thanks again, bill
Old 06-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have a look in the older muffler drawer. I have a few Semco strap-on mufflers and adapters. If I don't get back to you, it means I don't have anything that will work. Worth a shot! --Tony, Parrish, Fl
Old 06-12-2019, 12:59 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by Tony Iannucelli
I'll have a look in the older muffler drawer. I have a few Semco strap-on mufflers and adapters. If I don't get back to you, it means I don't have anything that will work. Worth a shot! --Tony, Parrish, Fl
thank you Tony! I appreciate the help. I was going to call Graves and see what they had laying around. It’s 55 miles over there so I usually call first.
Thanks again, bill
Old 06-13-2019, 08:15 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked my stored gear and all I could find that might help was a few Semco adapters that look like 60 size and two straps designed for their mufflers. The only muffler I had left was for a 40 size helicopter engine which has the port 90 degrees to the muffler body. No help there. So, if you can find a 60 size Semco strap on muffler, one of the two adapters I have might fit. Best I can do. I'd put in a 'wanted' ad on RCU. There have to be a lot of guys with old Semcos hanging around. From the 1970s. Ouch, I'm getting really old.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:53 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by Tony Iannucelli
I checked my stored gear and all I could find that might help was a few Semco adapters that look like 60 size and two straps designed for their mufflers. The only muffler I had left was for a 40 size helicopter engine which has the port 90 degrees to the muffler body. No help there. So, if you can find a 60 size Semco strap on muffler, one of the two adapters I have might fit. Best I can do. I'd put in a 'wanted' ad on RCU. There have to be a lot of guys with old Semcos hanging around. From the 1970s. Ouch, I'm getting really old.
thanks so much Tony! I’ll post that. I bet I’m older than you are!! I finally got out of the circle and in rc in 1979. My first circle time was in 1955 in Marietta Georgia at the elementary school behind us. My last steady rc flying was in 03, just before my folks age issues caught up. I see your 120 miles from here, Titusville, Florida. Anytime you get this way, you’re always welcome. Cell is 321-360-2545.