Search
Notices

Byron originals Pitts

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 06:58 AM
captain dead stick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Byron originals Pitts

I have a Byron Originals Pitts up for sale or trade. Has a zenoah g38 mounted . Plane was never finished. The wings need glassed or covered the fuselage is complete and control surfaces installed with control rods. Have the cowl , landing gear , wing struts, wheel pants but I am missing the canopy. This is a large biplane and very cool. Would be interested in a trade for a .60 size plane
Old 07-05-2019, 06:59 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

You sure that is a Pitts Special? That looks like a Christian Eagle
Old 07-05-2019, 02:06 PM
slskn
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a Christen Eagle!!
Old 07-05-2019, 03:57 PM
34th B-1Bcc
My Feedback: (15)

That's a Byron Pitts biplane, has and Eagle Cowling and a random dural gear. The rudder could have been for an Eagle then sanded down. Just look's like a straight forward rebuild. Fiberglass Specialties I believe has the cowling. If not they pop up. I just got a new canopy and cockpit area for the Byron Pitts just for a backup to my NIB Pitt's kit.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:12 PM
radiisteve
My Feedback: (24)

Default Pitts recovering/rebuild?

I agree with you 34th B-1Bcc, it's a Pitts Fuse with the Eagle cowling. Also, the Stab lines are of a Pitts (Eagle has a more straight line leading edge versus the curved leading edge lines of the Pitts) as further proof of what this started out to be.

The one wing panel has a RED Aileron on it (typical coloring of a Pitts. All the surface edges look bashed in (Tail, stab...), is this and old plane stripped down for recovering?

Fiberglass Specialties only carries the Eagle Cowl and not the Pitts for this kit, I started to look for another Pitts cowl in the same scale range...didn't get there yet.

Speaking of .60 size kits for trade, I have a few in pristine shape: Top Flite P-40 Gold Edition with TP Painted cowl and Wing blisters for landing gear/ with Robart 90* rotating (wire) retracts fitted for Robart Struts with wheels ...This is my most Complete .60 size kit. Also have a couple of OS .60 Engines which have never been run along with the TP in cowl muffler (side dump).

I'm more into Giant Scale Planes, but have collected every "quality kit" that has come to view.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:24 PM
radiisteve
My Feedback: (24)

Default looking closer

Looking more closely with my PC, I see the low wing has been broken in half just outside or at the fuse. Add that in with the smashed in top of the tail, and no cowling, landing gear or windshield, and you have a cracked up plane needing to be rebuilt........
Old 07-14-2019, 04:56 AM
34th B-1Bcc
My Feedback: (15)

Originally Posted by radiisteve
Looking more closely with my PC, I see the low wing has been broken in half just outside or at the fuse. Add that in with the smashed in top of the tail, and no cowling, landing gear or windshield, and you have a cracked up plane needing to be rebuilt........
Byron Pitts. I've seen many beautiful Byron Pitts start out just like this over the year's. I just bought a Pitts canopy and cockpit piece a little while back. There is a sharp blue and white S-1that looks like it's flying with an Eagle cowling. Kinda has me thinking. I have a spinal surgery in the next 2-3 week's which pretty much ruins the rest of this year for me . I'd consider this as a start. Just needs to be cheaper considering damage and repair work maybe needing redone.