Search
Notices

80-90% complete Bob Violet Maverick

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 09:34 AM
jdvoracek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 80-90% complete Bob Violet Maverick

I posted this 2 days ago. I thought I did it correctly and followed the rules, but the post disappeared. I've read the rules for free ads again, and if I am doing something wrong, I don't know what, so here goes: Most of the hard work is done, so you can finish this 80-90% complete Bob Violet Maverick the way you want. I am out of the hobby some years and won't be getting back into it, but I would like this airplane to get in the air. I bought this from Rick Shafer at Custom Model Products when he had his shop in Austin, TX. Some years ago I sold the fan and glow engine realizing the trend towards electric or turbine. I had planned to finish it as an electric, but did not purchase any of the electrics since the technology improves so quickly. I built it without flaps to reduce weight and Rick said this plane really didn't need them. I have all the small parts that came in the kit, and I will include the wheels and retracts shown. The wings are glassed and are still in primer but the control surfaces and tail are sanded and hinge cut. $500.00 cash local pickup only in Temple - 60 miles to Austin, 130 to Dallas and San Antonio, 175 to Houston.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:40 AM
F15driver
My Feedback: (24)

Default Maverick

Any parts missing? Does it have a cockpit? What size fan do
you think it will need to fly with authority? Need a cheater hole? I’m in Georgetown so pickup is easy.
F15driver
P. S. I was a good customer of Rick’s as well.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:23 PM
jdvoracek

Originally Posted by F15driver
Any parts missing? Does it have a cockpit? What size fan do
you think it will need to fly with authority? Need a cheater hole? I’m in Georgetown so pickup is easy.
F15driver
P. S. I was a good customer of Rick’s as well.
Hi,
No missing parts - I have lots and lots of littles.
I don't know what size fan you would need. I think the one I had was a 0.91, whatever BVM was selling at the time. As I said though, I planned to finish it electric. I had talked to BVM, Bob himself actually, a few years ago, and he had different sizes of electric power packs. He said it would fly fine with the middle one, but he also said don't buy until ready to install since the technology was improving so fast.
No cockpit - I planned to just paint the windows silver or blue.
Sorry for any delay - I wasn't notified of your post. I'll message you my contact info.
Regards, John