Notices

CARF Models P-51 Galloping Ghost

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 04:00 PM
Jonboy2
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CARF Models P-51 Galloping Ghost

I have very reluctantly decided to sell my CARF Models P-51 Galloping Ghost. I have spent a ton of time building and putting this thing together. I installed a new KOLM IL155 two cylinder 4 stroke gas engine. If you know anything about Kolm engines you know the power and sound these engines produce is incredible. Installing this engine was no easy task as I had to make the engine baffle system and move the firewall forward a few inches. Firewall and baffle pieces were made out of fiberglass and carbon laminated ply. This airplane is built and designed by CARF around the KOLM IL230. I opted for the IL155 due to the fact that it is way overpowered and 5-6 pounds heavier with the IL230. The IL155 provides plenty of power. I also opted to install a scale Mustang cockpit kit painted like the full scale Ghost along with a 15 inch jet pilot. I have not seen any other CARF Galloping Ghosts in person or on the internet that has a cockpit and pilot. I have added other little details like a hatch on top of the cowel which has all switches, air fill, air gauge, etc. I also built in a hatch on the underside of the front of the fuse. This hatch can be removed to access and service the engine. Adjust points etc. HD pushrods and linkages were installed, 4-40 all thread going through carbon rod. The plane has three uneventful flights and just sounds awesome and moves out. Currently installed is a SEP 26 X 16 prop. First three flights were flown with a SEP 26 X 14 prop. I am asking $7500 for this plane. Plane must be picked up in the Denver, Colorado area. Shipping is possible but buyer will be responsible in arranging packing and shipping. I can help out by dropping plane off at packing/shipping company. Buyer also responsible for paypal fees if using Paypal. Let me know if you have any questions. Video clip of hi-speed flyby
Specs listed below

--CARF Models P-51 Galloping Ghost reno racer
--Kolm Engines IL155 two cylinder 4 stroke engine.
--APS fuel pump--for peace of mind
--Sierra Giant Scale P-51 landing gear package
--CARF P-51 pnuematic kit( Jet Tronic valves and sequencer along with HD door rams)
--SAVOX 1256tg on ailerons and elevator
--Savox 0251mg on flaps and rudder
--Hitec mini MG on throttle and choke
--Spectrum LIFE batteries. Dual batteries and switches on reciever. LIFE for ignition. Batteries bought new for build
--HD pushrods and linkages
--just add reciever to fly

Last edited by Jonboy2; 10-27-2020 at 05:54 PM.