Notices

Vintage Super Champ R/C kit with servos by Gemini Models - NIB

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 03:50 PM
Anklebiter
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage Super Champ R/C kit with servos by Gemini Models - NIB

Just in time for your Winter Build, this classic Aeronca Champ makes a great gift for your hobbyist (or yourself)!

This very rare 'AirKnocker' kit was wildly popular in it's day for its' cool scale looks, gentle flying ability and literal 'fly at a walk' capability. It's a great trainer and a load of fun as a sport flyer! It also features a unique 'snap on wing' mounting system, very unusual! Long out of production, it's likely that you will have the only one around!

Spanning 56", the Champ is designed for a .19-.35 nitro engine and a 3-channel radio. A moderately skilled builder can easily convert to a full 4-channel model and install an electric power system. A brushless motor such as the e-flite .25 or .32 would be ideal.

The kit is in good condition. All of the wood is top notch quality and machine cut, most of the parts are bagged. The cowl and wingtips are formed plastic. Detailed sheet plans and instructions are included in the kit. I'm including two new mini servos that will be sufficient for this plane. The servos will be tested prior to shipment

This is a great kit for a beginner or to refresh old building skills. It would be a great Father-Son project! Everyone loves the Aeronca, you will too!

Buy this rare collectible today before someone beats you to it!

Buyer pays shipping from 94505. Box dimensions are 37"x6"x5", weight is about 4 lbs.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Anklebiter; 12-08-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:50 PM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since pictures of this model seem nonexistent and it seems relatively obscure, any chance you could take picture of the plans?
Old 12-08-2020, 06:12 PM
RockiesGuy

Originally Posted by Jeff Worsham
Since pictures of this model seem nonexistent and it seems relatively obscure, any chance you could take picture of the plans?
it looks like a Taylorcraft on tail dragger, and on trycicle gear resembles a senior kadet with rounded tail ... 56" ws. / flat bottom hi-wing.

the top of the box has a picture of it.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:46 PM
Anklebiter
My Feedback: (12)

Ok, I just posted a pic of the plans. The box does not have a photo on it.