CARF F4U-1D Corsair 1:4.5 Dark Blue Folding Wing "ARF" w/ options

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 03:23 PM
Joeram2003
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CARF F4U-1D Corsair 1:4.5 Dark Blue Folding Wing "ARF" w/ options

Description:
**** Reluctantly I have decided to sell my brand new unbuilt composite CARF F4U Corsair 1:4.5 [ painted dark blue] "ARF" w/ folding wings .....CARF item no 795000 ......the plane is still packed in 2 large boxes ......the accessories are packed in 3 smaller boxes......see the list below*****[I am still waiting on the scale cockpit....,,F4U lights + spare hydraulic cylinder to arrive from CARF .......they will be here this week]
The Corsair was delivered 3 weeks ago........but due to the recent price increases by CARF for all their planes and accessories ........this combined with the over inflated TNT/FEDEX Air Freight fees to ship this plane [including the customs fees + taxes + currency exchange ] ......the total cost of this plane was a whopping $10,313.00.......and that sent this project way over budget....................the best part of this deal is that you will not have to go thru the long wait and the high cost of buying and shipping one of these kits ..............

Specs from CARF Website:
Wingspan: 110" (2800 mm)
Length: 87" (2200 mm)
Weight: 39-46 Lbs (18 - 21 kg) dry
Engine: 80-150 cc two-stroke engine or 250 cc radial engine

0. CARF F4U Corsair Folding Wing [Dark Blue ] ARF.,,,,.$4920
1. Corsair Hydraulic Wing Folding setup kit....................$681
2. Sierra Giants Corsair Main Landing Gear .................$1259
3. Sierra Tailwheel Assembly with tire..............................$579
4. Sierra scale Corsair 7"main wheels..............................$329
5. CARF Corsair pneumatic Air Support setup...................$456
6 CARF Corsair Custom painted cockpit............................$399
7. CARF Corsair Lighting system..................................,,,,,,$260
8. Spare Hydraulic Wing Cylinder,,,,,,,,,,,,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$100

***** CARF F4U plus all accessories [not including shipping + custom fees + taxes]
Total Cost......................$8983
Sell................................. $8700

***********Pickup is OK.........but if the buyer needs this plane shipped and he pays all the shipping fees ......the Corsair is still boxed and ready to go...... Yellow Freight and Old Dominion Freight companies are only 10 miles away and they ship to most areas in the country......this would be the most economical option if you are interested......!! the Corsair is located at Beacon Falls, CT.06403

Reason for Selling.....here it is ! ....... selling due to the fact that I have two unfinished projects on the building boards..............so for me to build this Corsair right now and to install the power plant that it deserves...I will have to invest an additional $4500 for a new Moki 250 .............for this reason I have decided to part with the plane of my dreams........rather than let it collect dust in the basement.........this plane deserves to be built and flown by an experienced RC guru****** I don't have to sell this plane and I won't take less than my asking price.....the best way to reach me is by PM.....
Thanks For Looking.................Joe Mazza

Last edited by Joeram2003; 12-19-2022 at 03:09 PM.