Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Credit card authorization

Old 04-27-2011, 05:04 AM
km60155

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credit card authorization

This morning I was notified of a credit card authorization from rcuniverse.com. Why do you guys have my credit card information on file and why did you send an authorization through?
Old 04-27-2011, 06:10 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Credit card authorization

Your current membership level of RC Trading Plus requires you to post a method of payment to cover the services which are available to you at this membership class. At the time you upgrade your account to this membership class, you posted your credit card number in your account.

Recent changes in credit card handling on the site has resulted in all credit card information being removed from the site and placed directly in the database of our credit card processor. Though the site is secure, the new method of handing CC information is even more so. One of the side effects of this move is a re-authorization of all CC's, and that is what you see in you CC statement.

Note that this is only an authorization to verify your information is correct. You will not be charged unless you elect to utilize a fee based service on the site.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:51 PM
km60155

Thanks for the reply. I could not remember why I had originally given you guys my card #, kind of scary!?!

Glad the admin's are an honest group!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:59 AM
linkadrip

Glad to see this post i couldnt figure out why i was being charged a penny. But now i know, thank 's JWN for the heads up
Old 05-01-2011, 03:12 AM
flynaples
My Feedback: (65)

ORIGINAL: JWN

Your current membership level of RC Trading Plus requires you to post a method of payment to cover the services which are available to you at this membership class. At the time you upgrade your account to this membership class, you posted your credit card number in your account.

Recent changes in credit card handling on the site has resulted in all credit card information being removed from the site and placed directly in the database of our credit card processor. Though the site is secure, the new method of handing CC information is even more so. One of the side effects of this move is a re-authorization of all CC's, and that is what you see in you CC statement.

Note that this is only an authorization to verify your information is correct. You will not be charged unless you elect to utilize a fee based service on the site.
HELLO I have the same thing asking me also but it will not update mine says the address is not the same??? whats up with that? please help
thanks
Old 05-01-2011, 09:21 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Please double check the name, address and phone number listed in you RCU account exactly match that listed on your CC statement. Also be sure you are including the security code from your credit card in the appropriate box. If your card update still fails, please let me know the exact error message you receive.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:25 PM
flynaples

this is the error message I get

The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.
Please try again

thanks
HELP

[:@]
Old 05-02-2011, 05:27 PM
flynaples

i REALLY NEED SOME HELP
WE NEED TO FIX THIS A.S.A.PIS IS NOT GETTING ANY BETTER?

OK
TH
Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 AM
flynaples

[&o]
Old 05-04-2011, 02:43 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Did you double check the name, address and phone number listed in your RCU account match that on your credit card statement? Did you also be sure to provide the 3 or 4 digit security code for your credit card? All of these fields must be entered correctly or the AVS match will fail.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:24 AM
flynaples

ORIGINAL: JWN

Did you double check the name, address and phone number listed in your RCU account match that on your credit card statement? Did you also be sure to provide the 3 or 4 digit security code for your credit card? All of these fields must be entered correctly or the AVS match will fail.

YES I HAVE DONE ALL THIS LIKE I SAID I KEEP GETTING THAT ERROR MESSAGE FOR NO REASON AT ALL I ALSO CALLED THE BANK AND ALL MY INFO IS RIGHT
THIS IS REALLY GETTING ME UPSET i WAS GETTING READY TO BUY ON RC AND ALSO PUT UP SOME ITEMS FOR SALE AND IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 2 WEEKS SINCE THIS HAS HAPPENED
WHATS UP?
AND i SENT MY NUMBER TO YOU IN THE PM i REPLYIED TO
Old 05-06-2011, 09:43 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

I have our developers looking into the problem. Hopefully they will be able to get it corrected as quickly as possible.

Until then, you may want to consider changing over to Paypal instead of CC.