Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Were you charged by RCU & wondering why?

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Were you charged by RCU & wondering why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 07:29 PM
PistonHead29
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were you charged by RCU & wondering why?

Today I got an email stating RCU was charging my card on file for $6.00. I had no clue why since I have not used my account in months and they have no card on file any longer according to my account info. But obviously they have my previous card info stored somewhere. My RCU account info shows RCU did charge me and my bank confirms they are in the process. Curious to see who else has been charged and is wondering why. I will be disputing the charge once it goes through but meanwhile I am very curious to know why. They reply I gave RCU on the email they sent has gone unanswered so far. So anyone else having concerns over a charge? The name associated with the email is Megan Seaton if that helps.

I can find zero contact info for RCU besides replying to their email sent this morning. Anyone got a phone number for them?
Old 12-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Were you charged by RCU & wondering why?

This is related to a sweep of previous to current marketplace charges that had not been collected. You should be able to login to your Marketplace account, go into your history and find balances owed over the past few years you've had an account on RCU.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:50 PM
PistonHead29
My Feedback: (40)

Thank you for your quick response nathan i appreciate that. I see where in late summer I was charged for two of my ads I placed. But I always use free services and keep to the four pictures. How do i find out why I was charged for those ads? The email is the first I heard of RCU saying I owe money. The title sweep was in the description and that had me nervous thinking someone hacked my account and was going to "sweep" my bank account. I am very happy to see it is RCU and not a hacker but i am still concerned over being charged for what I thought were free ads like i normally use.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
pcsol
My Feedback: (2)

I too have the same issue/question. I have not posted/sold an item with RCU since March of 2011, However I see a billing date of December in my Market place with a balance due of $3.00 dollars. When I call the Megan Setan noted on the bill her voice mail responds with an out of office message until March. Is RCU saying that they have just now "found" charges for something and are billing for something 9 Months ago ? !!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:34 AM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

I was charged $6.00 for ad's that were free. No additional charges were to be applied but I was still charged? I don't know why. I did find the ad's I was charged on and here again they were supposed to be free ad's. No additional photos or turbo levels were established.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:42 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$3.00 is the fee charged for a second category being added to an ad.

As Nathan explained, this billing cycle is clearing out all accounts of funds owed to the site for ads posted as far back as your account has been open. You can review all charges and credits applied to your account by visiting the Accounting page of the My Market area of the marketplace. There you will see a monthly statement for all marketplace activity conducted through your account.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:55 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

I believe I did check my account. The two ad's I was charged for were for Valve covers, no ad on's no feature adding. I did however add a photo of a saito engine, a stock photo. That was all I did.They, RCU doe's not have posting ONLY Valve Covers, so you have to post a stock photo, which I believe is free???
Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flaphappy,
I'm looking at your account. On Dec 26 you were charged $7.66. This was for ad # 769445 Large Chrome Saito Valve Covers - $3.83 and ad # 760660 Large Chrome Saito Valve Covers - $3.83

You are correct, the first photo is always free. You were not charged for a photo.

The fees for these ads were because you listed them as ProSeller.