Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RCU Server is screwed up Big Time

I just tried to post another ad, and to my surprise, now all the ads are gone? Ihad 8 ad's posted. What the hell is going on? Do not tell me it is my computer settings or some other lame excuse, the problem is with your website and server. RCU charges for listing ad's if ad ons are involved , will they give me money back for business I have lost because the server is screwed up, Hell no!
    Look at the various forums, see what people are complaining about, we all don't have bad computers or our setting are wrong. I thought this was a good place to ask questions, and sell items, guess I was wrong there too!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCU Server is screwed up Big Time

I am sorry you are having difficulties with the site.

Out developers are aware of these issues and are working to correct them as quickly as possible.

You currently have 7 active ads: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/sea...emberID=391114

You should also see them listed on the My Ads page in the My Market area of the marketplace.
    Marketplace Manager

If it seems to good to be true, it more than likely is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well Nathan: I am not the only one having problems with this website. It is flat out screwed up....... I try to reply to ad's, and get half way through, it quits, Nothing is saved, This has been an ongoing problem that RCU is unwilling to solve. Many post's on how lousy this site has become, Yet we all have to put up with Unresponsive andNegativeresults. It is not our computers, nor is it our private Internet servers, it's a problem with your Guru's at RCU that don't have any idea how to fix it. This has been ongoing now for+ 2 years!!!!!

It is not our personal computer settings,, not with thousands of complaints posted, yet it continues toangerpeople to a point of forgetting this website all together. Many times I can't even access the website at all????? We get " Service is Unavailable" Error code 505.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Duplicate.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am sorry you continue to have problems with the site.

Our developers are working towards a solution. As soon as it is completed, it will be deployed.
    Marketplace Manager

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah Right..... This has been ongoing for around 2 years now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The problems we are working through at this time, should now be largely resolved.

Have you not seen a drastic improvement in the site performance within the last 24-36 hours?
    Marketplace Manager

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry to say, no improvement at all, took 9 tries just to open this thread, and i still can't send an offer, only messages on the classifieds. and again it usually takes 4-6 tries to open any item for sale. Its really getting to be beyond a joke
    think outside the square? what square?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

qldviking:
    I am not seeing any problems posting offers in the marketplace. Nor am I seeing problems opening threads or ads.
    Can you run a traceroute to see if perhaps there is a network problem between your location and our servers?
    Marketplace Manager

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nathan,
    Of course you have no problems with the RCU site, but thousands of us do. Look at all the threads about how slow or non responding, or even can't even access the website at all. Are we all wrong or are you? There is a big problem with this website and it's getting worse, not better as you suggest.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nathan:
    I forgot in my last post, I did and have tried the trace method, I.E. did not connect with the RCU server, Error code 503, Service Unavailable".
    You must be sitting in a box, right next to the server. We can't get this thing to work like it should.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Forget it. Can't post the error code but it is:
    Error 500- Internal Server Error." There is a problem with the Resource you are looking for, and cannot be displayed." I can't make it more clear than that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FLAPHappy,

This is John, (JWN), not Nathan. FWIW, I'm in central Texas which is no where near the servers on the west coast. I access the site the exact same way every other RCU member does through my local ISP.

I must be the lucky one on the right server today. Goodness knows I too have been on the "wrong" one a lot lately.

Our developers are telling me they implimented some changes that went online yesterday and there have been some improvements, but they are still a long way from putting in place a full solution.
    Marketplace Manager

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just ha my puter tecky here and he tried a trace several times, but same issue, no connection to the servers, we have had error 504, 505 and 80040e so far trying in the last hour or so. We have also tried a lot of other sites witout a single problenm. I just triwed to open 2 different ads in the classifieds, same BS. I can browse till the cows come home on other RC sites, fleabay both US and AU, all without any problenm, and it looks like fleabay etc will be getting all my buying, I sure as s*&t can't do a thing here. I can message all I like if I can open an ad, but as soon as I make an offer its error, error error and more goddamned errors. I tried god alone knows how many times to bid on several motors and NOT ONE went through. I am now at the point where if any thread etc here dont open 1st go, its stuff it, its just not worth the aggro. Sadly, its the sellers who miss out the most

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unfortunately, RCU has become a classic example for an MBA case study entitled, "The Death of a Web Site". Whether thru incompetence, ineptness, lack of funding or just poor business management, the site, once quite well respected and well run, has degenerated to the point of being almost unusable. Site management has provided little more than lip service with promises of change, improvement and a return to prior years' performance. Certainly, it's difficult to determine wherein the problem lies from the user's point of view, but it takes little internet experience to determine that the blame lies well up the line, either with the ISP at the server's source, the installed equipment or the software. Either way, it's not better and has not improved.

Rather than prattling on about what is being done or what is being planned, it would be much more respectful simply to state the obvious: The current ownership has no intention of investing the time, money and resources to bring the site up to a reasonable standard, but simply to milk the advertisers, sellers and users of funds until the site collapses of it's own volition.

I manage a good portion of an installation with ~ 7000 computers and well over 10,000 user accounts. If our operation performed at this level for 48 hours, I would be looking for a job. The performance of RCU is the same, whether I surf from home or monitor the site at work. Our network throughput at work runs over half a terabit/second most of the day. It's not my equipment and not my pipe that has a problem.

I would prefer that RCU simply say, "RCU is broken; we know it's broken; we can't or won't fix it; thank you for your support and goodbye."
    the "other" andrew
    I'm not older than dirt, but I can remember when it was patent pending

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok John:
    The website is still not functioning. Market place problems posting a stock photo , can't access the website? When are you guys going to fix it? ? ???? As of today 3-14-2012.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andrew:
    Can you imagine the chaos EBAY would have if it's website was run this way? They would all be fired on the spot, I would hope.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So someone craps on my ad with a ridiculous comment/post and I can't reply, pm, or whatever.  At least I was able to "hide" the crapping.
    \"Of course, that\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" the other Dennis Miller

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the site seemed to work ok fo a day or o, now its as bad as ever [:'(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Update,
    Our development team completed a hardware expansion late last week. Current site performance monitoring is showing a vast improvement in the site as a whole.

If you are still seeing problems, please let us know so that further troubleshooting can be performed.

Thank you for your patience with us through these times.
    Marketplace Manager