Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 09:27 PM
t8jones
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

<EDIT ORIGINAL MESSAGE>

----------
Please read the very first post in this forum. People will be allowed to speak there mind, however they will be asked to abide by the forum policies as always. Thank you.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Default RE: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

They were thinking let's give everone what they want the best Foum, Auction and everything else R/C site in the Universe! Da ![sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 09-10-2003, 06:16 AM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Mike,
I see you as an administrator can't say enough good things about this site. Are you going to delete this post as well?
Old 09-10-2003, 07:42 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian,
I'm guessing the original post was loaded with profanity or another violation of RCU policy. This is a kid friendly site.

There are some start up problems, and a few of them are aggravating the crap outta' me. But still, I'm guessing the point HAS been to provide the best RC site around, and if Marc is looking to make a living at it, good for him. I'd imagine it's a LOT of work keeping up with it.

Just my opinion, and I have no stake in anything.
Dennis-
Old 09-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

You're right. If you don't like the new site, fine. If you've got an idea, other than "go back to the way it was," to make the site better, your post won't get deleted. However, posts spreading blatant misinformation, posts that are simply abusive and derogatory, posts that offer nothing constructive will be deleted.

Free speech is nice and all, but remember that RCU is a privately-funded benevolent dictatorship, and is not bound by the US Constitution. Acting like a jack***** achieves us nothing right now, and it won't be tolerated.

What we need now is some PATIENCE. Marc believes he can make the site better with this change. Let's give him a chance to prove it.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:54 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Change is not bad...as long as it's for the good of the many. I myself was very content with the "Old RCU" format since it was very easy to use and navigate. Since new things take some getting use to...I am trying to wait and see how it goes with the new RCU before I finalize my opinion of the changes. Offering constructive ideas is not all that hard if it merits attention. One thing I have noticed among several threads that have since been deleted is that the thought being offered was based more on emotion than constructive idea. Sort of like our kids when they squabble over who's cookie it is and then fight to prove it. While change makes people behave differently I hope in the end the new RCU accomplishes good for the masses who decide to use it. Here is an anology I placed in another thread trying to offer my first reaction while trying to navigate the new RCU web site, that has since been deleted...not due to my post I'm sure as there was a "word war" being waged by a few unhappy individuals.

My post was as follows:

This reminds me of driving to a big city that you may be unfamiliar with. Once your in the thick of the traffic...your knuckles begin to whiten due to grabbing hard on the steering wheel....your stomach feels like it's knotting up....you feel yourself getting tense due to the high volume of traffic and bad drivers....you begin to wonder why you ever drove to the city in the first place and upon finishing your business their....you begin your drive home and are anxious to leave such an unfriendly environment.

"END OF POST"

It's a common reaction I think that people (including myself) react first emotionally to change...and once they have had a chance to express themselves and can vent the emotions...finally get back to the matter at hand which is to enjoy the hobby by sharing experiences...views...opinions...etc.

It is a hobby after all...correct? It seems odd that we have such a passion over something that really is not ours in the first place...although we put so much into an environment like RCU forums that we tend to think that we have ownership. Will we ever get over it? Maybe. Will we like the new RCU? Maybe. Will we settle down and get back to enjoying the hobby? Most definately. We just need to figure out how each one of us can vent our feelings about changes that RCU is going through without costing ourseleves unecessary grief. Now that may be the difference of staying or leaving. It's up to each of us to try and be patient and once the changes are complete...then make a decision to stay or leave.

Wait a minute....I think I've changed my mind.

Change is good, right? Time will tell.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:45 AM
PHUPMAN
My Feedback: (27)

Some people may like it, but the old RCU gave me what I wanted and needed and had a commercial element that was interesting and available, yet unobtrusive.

The new RCU reminds me of a big city that I don't want to live in, just as did the old RCOnline and that is what led me to find and begin to use the old RCU.

I'm sure that eventually, someone will recreate the old RCU with a new name, as it's obvious from all the negative user comments, a need exists for it, and, while the new RCU will no doubt survive, I doubt it will have the same user level and loyalty once some usable alternative exists.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:15 PM
mulligan

ORIGINAL: Matt Kirsch
benevolent dictatorship
ROFL! By the way, Matt, who's the dictator??

Your name is new to me- were you on the old RCU, or perhaps RC Airport? Are you a run-of-the-mill administrator or a proprietor/dictator?

All in all, I wish the site would have been beta'd a little more to get some these basic issues/features resolved before the roll-out.

Let's all take a moment to thank Marc for his efforts, though- I know he's going through another one of those sleepless spells again.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:50 PM
torch1221
My Feedback: (3)

i agree with PHUPMAN 100%. and if anyone know of such a site. please let me know.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:02 PM
trey3670
My Feedback: (10)

kid freindly? yah right first ya gotta pay to get rid of the adds then ya gotta have a credit card ta buy/sell yup its kid freindly allright
Old 09-15-2003, 10:38 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: trey3670

kid freindly? yah right first ya gotta pay to get rid of the adds then ya gotta have a credit card ta buy/sell yup its kid freindly allright
Yes we try to make it kid friendly, or family friendly meaning the main forums are to be kept in line. It doesn't cost to read the main forums and that's where we are talking about.