Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

E-Mail SNAFU

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 09:29 PM
Steve Campbell2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Mail SNAFU

My InBox on IE is suddenly loading up with TONS of e-mail from this board; all "Subscribed Messages".

I didn't subscribe to squat, or even post on these threads. Please make it stop.

Thanks.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:32 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: E-Mail SNAFU

go to http://www.rcuniverse.com/subscribe.asp

you can turn off "get mail" on this page easily. during the merge I think the bit got set for some to use email notify on subscribed threads.

now what i don't know is if all threads were transcribed correctly during the merge. can you check this page and report back if you had ever subscribed to the ones on the subscription page.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:29 AM
Steve Campbell2

I'm still getting "subscribed thread" e-mails!!!

Of course, today is the day our brain-dead admin chose to move everybody's office around; so I'm hassling with that.

Do what you gotta do to stop this, Mark. If my mail box gets much fuller, it will crash this fragile POS network we have here and I'll be in DEEP kimchi.

Steve
Old 09-17-2003, 04:34 PM
Steve Campbell2

Well, no problems here on the home 'puter; no more unsolicited e-mail messages.

Dunno about the office, as the data processing weenies screwed up the switching system or whatever trying to get us all hooked back up after the move, and I've been down there since about 0900. If you're getting the impression that my office network and those responsible for running it are less than the best, then you would make a good detective...

Steve
Old 09-17-2003, 04:43 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

steve,

I think we fixed it up...if you get bombarded again let me know. also check your subscription page to make sure get mail is off on the threads you don't want notices on.