Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Is this Seller being unreasonable ???

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Is this Seller being unreasonable ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this Seller being unreasonable ???

Make a offer, offer accepted.
Seller sends invoice, buyer pays invoice via Pay Pal instantly.
Buyer asks seller when he can expect shipment, seller says 4 or 5 days, because he will not ship until he is paid!
I ask you, isn't he paid the minute the pay pal payment is completed? No waiting, no e-check, no payment review. INSTANT balance transfer.

When questioned further, seller says he will not ship until the money is transferred from pay pal to his bank!
This discussion makes me very, very uncomfortable. I am an eBayer, have been for well over a decade. One of the older scams, before pay pal changed policy, was to collect payments, don;t ship until money is transferred out of pay pal, then even if you open a case, the account is empty and the resell the item under another fake name.

Seems like a nice guy and i paid him his asking price without a blink of an eye. No haggling, no bickering on price. He has what I want. I paid in full...

Should I be concerned ???

Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is this Seller being unreasonable ???

While the seller should have divulged his requirement for payment to transfer to his bank, he is not being entirely unreasonable. There have been a number of instances where the seller ships an item and the buyer immediately cancels payment. So long as the seller has an established history with good feedback, you likely have nothing to be concerned with.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

ORIGINAL: JWN

While the seller should have divulged his requirement for payment to transfer to his bank, he is not being entirely unreasonable. There have been a number of instances where the seller ships an item and the buyer immediately cancels payment. So long as the seller has an established history with good feedback, you likely have nothing to be concerned with.
Interesting, but how can a buyer cancel a payment? I have been using pay pal since the late 90's. I have never heard of such a thing, nor can I stop any payments I make. I take in nearly 6 figures a month in pay pal payments from my online business. Once a customer has a completed payment, it's a done deal. They cannot stop, revoke or cancel that payment.

But thanks for offering words of wisdom, I appreciate it and I'll just wait until the seller does whatever it is he does with money already paid to him.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may not see this option because of your account type, based on the volume of revenue you process through Paypal, but for most users, the seller must accept the payment. If they ship immediately after receiving notice of the payment, but do not accept it, the buyer can cancel the payment.

Of course there is also the concern some sellers have where they accept the payment and ship the item and leave the money sitting in their account. In those situations a buyer can file a complaint and Paypal will freeze the money for however long it takes to resolve the complaint. There are those buyers who know this and will use the tactic to strong arm the seller in to giving them concensions, justified or not, before they will close the complaint to release the money.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:52 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

You may not see this option because of your account type, based on the volume of revenue you process through Paypal, but for most users, the seller must accept the payment. If they ship immediately after receiving notice of the payment, but do not accept it, the buyer can cancel the payment.
The only time I am aware of that you manually have to accept or deny a payment in Pay Pal is when the buyer provides an unconfirmed shipping address. And for most of us with good business sense, without a completed payment, there is no shipment.

Of course there is also the concern some sellers have where they accept the payment and ship the item and leave the money sitting in their account. In those situations a buyer can file a complaint and Paypal will freeze the money for however long it takes to resolve the complaint. There are those buyers who know this and will use the tactic to strong arm the seller in to giving them concensions, justified or not, before they will close the complaint to release the money.
A seller should only have that concern if they are worried about their previous actions or intent. If a seller is doing what he/she is supposed to be doing, they wouldn't have worries like that. I leave well in excess on 5 figures in my account at all times just to run my busienss, cover expense , buy inventory and cover cases. But also, when you accept the terms of using Pay Pal, you also need to be a stand up seller and allow a buyer to dispute a transaction if there is a problem. And if you did everything correct, you'll be cleared and the case will be decided in your favor.

In my experience, which is pretty vast with regard to online transactions, the ones who are worried about things as you have described, are the ones who they themselves have had some less than savory transactions and their intent in not pure (Read: offered that engine advertised with "only" 1/2 gallon thru when it's really has 20 thru it and it's worn out). If you are worried about someone filing a claim, you should provide a top notch product, process the order quickly, ship it with a trackable service and stand behind your sale.

If you are racing to transfer money from a sale, you are obviously doing, or intend on doing something unscrupulous. Or if you do not have enough capital to operate or make the sale and a $100 claim will shut you down, you are in the wrong business.

Thanks for your insight.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:21 PM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What can you do when you make a bid, RCU sends a notice it has been accepted and click here to get an invoice, so I did, then it said click to pay via paypal, so I did, so now over a week later I have never heard from the seller even after repeated emails as to when he would ship, tracking etc.. I sent a email yesterday that I would cancel the paypal even though I see it went to his account if no communication by this Friday, still no word and this guy has lots of stuff up on RCU!