Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Not receiving emails from the marketplace

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Not receiving emails from the marketplace

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 02:11 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far as I am aware, you are the only person reporting a 100% failure of email delivery to a Gmail account. I just pulled a report on our membership database and see there are currently 63,703 Gmail addresses listed for registered members.

We're back to the "get off black lists" discussion? Hasn't this been hashed out enough? We cannot control other services no matter how much we beg them otherwise.
What do we have to gain by not correcting a problem we have any sort of influence over? Doesn't it make sense on an elementary level that if we could fix this, we would? Again, Yahoo has flat out told us, in no uncertain terms
NO. AOL sometimes responds to black list issues, and sometimes does not. The times they do respond in a positive manner, they turn around and black list us anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple of months later. Our staff have spent countless hours going back and forth with them showing the only emails we send are those specifically opt'd in by our registered members. We have NEVER spammed anyone. But that doesn't stop them from black listing us whenever they get a bug up their back side.

Originally Posted by Iflyit
Delivered reliably and not delivered at all are 2 different things. No email is 100% reliable and there will always be lost emails, but not 100% loss of them coming from the same place. The only way I can check things is to check the site every couple hours.

RCU can get off black lists, if they wanted to put forth the effort to do so, but it seems its not that important to them so they dont.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Iflyit
My Feedback: (512)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those addresses may be registered to a gmail address but that doesnt mean they are active, or have for sale ads and are not receiving question emails and then finding this forum to report it. I dont receive QUESTION emails only to gmail and its not 100% of them just the majority of them, offer emails I do receive. Emails to discussion threads such as this one I even get to my AOL account as well so I dont know how to explain the randomness of it.

So if Yahoo Blacklisted Ebays emails, your telling me Ebay wouldn't get it fixed? I think they would. RCGroups has had the same problem and they got it fixed there multiple times, but it really doesn't matter now, I know RCU wont get it fixed, ill just have to check the site every few hours to see if there are any questions posted.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:29 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

You're right, just because they are registered on a users account does not mean that user is active. But it also does not mean that they are all inactive just because you are the only one reporting a problem. I respond to many, many trouble tickets every day and none are reporting a problem sending emails to Gmail members, or receiving emails to their own Gmail account.

So you do actually get some emails sent from RCU to your Gmail account? Above you said you did not and that it was a 100% failure. Odd.

I cannot speak for Ebay or anyone else. All I can do it report to you the efforts we have made to remain in good standing and the results of those efforts.

It is good you check your account activity on such a regular basis. I'm quite positive other members appreciate that and it is too bad others were not as diligent as yourself. You have no idea how often members complain that someone did not respond to them in a timely manner even when they are emailing directly between themselves or even texting.

Originally Posted by Iflyit
Those addresses may be registered to a gmail address but that doesnt mean they are active, or have for sale ads and are not receiving question emails and then finding this forum to report it. I dont receive QUESTION emails only to gmail and its not 100% of them just the majority of them, offer emails I do receive. Emails to discussion threads such as this one I even get to my AOL account as well so I dont know how to explain the randomness of it.

So if Yahoo Blacklisted Ebays emails, your telling me Ebay wouldn't get it fixed? I think they would. RCGroups has had the same problem and they got it fixed there multiple times, but it really doesn't matter now, I know RCU wont get it fixed, ill just have to check the site every few hours to see if there are any questions posted.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Iflyit

The 100% loss was referring to the AOL email, sorry I mixed them up.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:48 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Weird thing is it's intermittent,, last week I did get a notification of a question,, sometimes I don't

Most likely it is a phishing filter issue because I get this warning when it does make it through

Question Re: Item 1011429 in R/C Marketplace

[TABLE="class: cf hX"]
[TR="class: hR"]
[TD="class: hU hM, bgcolor: #DDDDDD"]Inbox[/TD]
[TD="class: hV hM, bgcolor: #DDDDDD"]x[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: cf gJ"]
[TR="class: acZ"]
[TD="class: gF gK"][TABLE="class: cf ix, width: 709"]
[TR]
[TD]to*********@gmail.com[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD="class: gH, align: right"]Jan 8 (7 days ago)
[/TD]
[TD="class: gH, align: right"][/TD]
[TD="class: gH acX, align: right"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: acZ xD"]
[TD="colspan: 3"][TABLE="class: cf adz, width: 851"]
[TR]
[TD="class: ady"]to me
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

This message may not have been sent by: to*******@gmail.com
Learn more Report phishing

YOU HAVE RECEIVED A QUESTION REGARDING ITEM 1011429 - SUPER HAWAII BOAT:
Old 01-15-2015, 04:00 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

So I looked into how to remove it from the potential spam/phishing filter in Gmail.

The problem is RCU changes the "from" email address to the user posting the question, I think that's what it's detecting, I can't un-filter in that, I can only add a email address, Since it's not the same email address each time that's useless.

What would work is if the message was sent via a [email protected] email addy, I could add that, and then the users could be CC on the email,, then the spam/phishing filters wouldn't kick in.

thoughts?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Here's the latest message I got... typical of all in the past months. I usually have to call the person.

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

To
  • me

----- Forwarded Message -----

This is the mail system at host la3-prdmxout-003.internetbrands.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com>: host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[66.196.118.37] said: 554
5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons. See
http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html (in reply to end of
DATA command)

<xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com>: host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[66.196.118.37] said: 554 5.7.9
Message not accepted for policy reasons. See
http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html (in reply to end of
DATA command)
OFFICIAL RCUNIVERSE INVOICE
The following invoice was generated by you in connection with Item No: 1018579 sold in the auctions & classified marketplace of RC Universe or one of its network affiliate sites.

Bill To:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: 02/18/2015

Description: HK RADJET 800, New in Box, w/Motor
Price: 50.00
Quantity: 1
Sub-Total: 50.00
-----------------
Tax: 0.00
Shipping: 0.00
-----------------
-----------------
Total: $50.00

Payments Accepted:
Money Order,Cashier Check,PayPal

Payment Terms:
If this gets through, just ignore it. I'll leave you feedback. --Tony

Last edited by JWN; 02-18-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:42 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

This is exactly what we've been talking about. This is a Yahoo policy problem and it even says so in the message you copied.

If you follow that link it will tell you Yahoo blocked the message from being delivered.

RCUniverse adheres to the policies outlined in the "what you can do" section. Yahoo has verified this. They still choose to block legitimate emails sent by Yahoo users through this site.

Note: it is not acceptable to post other members contact information in the forums. Because of this, your post has been edited to remove such information.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Gene Chernosky
My Feedback: (182)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the best solution is to simply NOT use RCU for any classified ads...as I am not going to do a 'special email just for RCU'...that is BS.

FWIW, I have found that RC Groups has a FAR more active classified area anyway.

RCU once ruled the roost...not so much anymore.

...I hate to call the kettle black...but it is what it is.

...and JWN, note my join date...BEFORE you got here!

Last edited by Gene Chernosky; 02-20-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:56 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

You are right Gene. You got me beat here by 3 months

Think you can beat my post count?
Old 02-23-2015, 04:11 PM
Gene Chernosky

I listen more than I talk...found I learned more that way.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Gene Chernosky

Looks like JWN is playing games.

I was one of the first people to join this site and I specifically remember being #146.

It looks like he couldn't stand that and changed my ID to 11158.

...what...are you a Liberal and can't take the truth?
Old 02-24-2015, 02:48 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Gene,
I looked at the membership database. #146 belongs to someone else who lives in an entirely different area than you with an entirely different name.

Here is a screen shot of the database showing your correct member ID# (click on it for full size image)

As for trying to get personal/political, please keep the conversation on subject or we'll have no choice but to lock the tread. I really do not want to do that as it has been helpful for a large number of other members. I get it that you are frustrated with the restrictions both Yahoo and AOL have placed on this site and its members. We are just as frustrated ourselves. As I have stated multiple times previously, we have spent many hours with each of those companies trying to resolve whatever problems they have with us. Neither will listen to us and neither wishes to change their stance. What more are we supposed to do. We know these problems affect our members, which affects our site. As you know, without members the site will fail to exist. We get that, seriously, we do. If you have a constructive suggestion of how to resolve it, we're all ears. If you know someone in Yahoo or AOL with some pull to fix this, please do us all a favor and talk to them on behalf of your fellow modeler. Everyone of us would benefit from it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gene.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	2076042  

Last edited by JWN; 02-24-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:11 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
So I looked into how to remove it from the potential spam/phishing filter in Gmail.

The problem is RCU changes the "from" email address to the user posting the question, I think that's what it's detecting, I can't un-filter in that, I can only add a email address, Since it's not the same email address each time that's useless.

What would work is if the message was sent via a [email protected] email addy, I could add that, and then the users could be CC on the email,, then the spam/phishing filters wouldn't kick in.

thoughts?
That is an option, but it would introduce a new problem for those people who do not pay attention and click "Reply to all", or manually copy/paste the correct email address in the To: line of their response. Here is an example of such a situation where people do not fully pay attention and blindly click Reply. Some functions of the site send email messages to members with "noreply" addresses in the From line and people reply to them all the time. We even state directly in the body of the message "DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE". People don't pay attention, click reply and send a message anyway. I email dozens of people every week for this exact behavior. Lucky for them our noreply alias is actually monitored instead of being a black hole as many sites have.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Gene Chernosky

JWN,

If I remember right I think the guy's name that started this website as Mark...don't remember his last name. Anyway, unless some kind of restructuring was done after I joined...again, I could have swore that my member number was 146. It is quite obvious on my profile to state #11158. Honestly, who really gives a rat's @$$...I don't at this point in time.

The only reason why Yahoo and whoever else has the red @$$ has to be that this site stepped on their toes somehow some way. The only way to fix it is to see just WTH you did wrong and seek proper measures to fix the problem...even if you have to eat a little crow.

There's simply too much here to offer the R/C world to not take every available measure to fix this.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:25 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Gene,
Perhaps you are referring to RC Airport? That was Mark's original site which was later merged with the already existing RCUniverse. It is entirely possible you were #146 on Mark's original site, but not RCUniverse.

Perhaps you may wish to read through the thread in full. It has been explained more than once why emails were originally bounced by Yahoo, and then why they continued bounce our emails even after we did exactly what they told us we needed to do in order to comply with their new email requirements. We have taken every measure possible to correct this problem yet both Yahoo and AOL refuse to change their stance. This leaves RCU with only one last alternative. That is, recommend all members who use Yahoo or AOL to consider changing to another service. Gmail is immediately to mind.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:37 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm going to put this little "debate" to rest here. Regardless of who joined RCU when (and yes, I joined RCU after both of you), John has been INTIMATELY involved with RCU since he joined RCU. He worked with Marc (spelled with a "c" and not a "k") and has been in charge of the Marketplace for almost that entire time. He may not have a huge post count, but that is because the lion's share of his work takes place in the Marketplace and not in the Forums.

Currently John is an Admin (one of 3 here at RCU). The other two Admins are Nathan Maat and myself. What does that mean? Basically that means that we are the 3 people directly responsible for running RCU now, and that we communicate and work with our parent company, Internet Brands.

Now, as the Marketplace Manager is it John's job to take care of any problems that arise in the Marketplace. As Forum Manager it is my job to take care any problems to arise here in the Forums. Makes sense doesn't it?? Now as I look at this thread I'm going to tell you right now that this petty little arguing about who joined when and what your member number is isn't going to get anywhere. I have known John for going on 12 years now and I can assure you that he will bend over backwards to help you out, if you deal with him in a civil and mature manner. But these petty little arguments about who joined RCU first doesn't get you any closer to solving your problem, and if you want to continue in that manner then I will simply shut down this thread and we'll move on. However, if you want to discuss this matter in a civil and mature manner then we can let John work on your issue and possible we can find a solution to your problem

Ken
Old 02-28-2015, 07:33 AM
Gene Chernosky

Very well.

Is Marc still around? ...or has he moved on?

I wouldn't mind conversing with him as we had some interesting emails, etc., in the past.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:31 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Marc still pops in from time to time. His username is marcv
Old 03-03-2015, 07:58 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry that I didn't reply sooner, but I was not around this weekend as I was out in my garage working on a new project. As John said, Marc pops in occasionally. But since the sale of RC Universe to Internet Brands Marc and Michael do not spend near the time here as they did when they owned the site.

Ken
Old 03-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Iflyit

Gmail isn't fully working either. I get notice of offers and of replies to discussion threads to my Gmail account, but if someone asks a question in one of my for sale ads I do not get any notice of it. The only way I can tell is to come to this site and check my ads, then I cant easily respond to them either.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:55 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Steve,
You are the only report I have of gmail problems with marketplace emails. Please check your spam settings. You may need to specifically add RCUniverse.com as a safe sender even if you have the spam filter disabled in your gmail account.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Iflyit

I am not getting any spam blocked in gmail, I have no filters set either and rcuniverse is set to a safe sender or I wouldn't be getting the other emails I am getting. I get all other emails from RCU, just not some emails when a question is posted to my ads. I get offer notifications, and I get notifications of replies to threads like this one, and I get that "boost your ad's visibility" emails, but not to all questions.
I do notice that I have received a couple of notifications to questions posted, but not all of them, seems random. It also seems that when a question is asked, the email comes directly from the user, not rcuniverse.com.
Somehow the redirect from rcu to send the emails must be letting some thru and others arent, like maybe the aol and yahoo ones arent going thru? See if that guy ion my for sale ad has one of those email addresses?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemID=1020920

That ad right there, the guy posted it twice and I never got any email notification. I also sent him 2 emails thru the RCU system as I have no other way to contact him and It appears he has not received those or he would have replied directly to my email instead of posting again.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:18 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

I wish I had an answer Steve. I personally receive all emails for this site through my gmail account. I have no other reports of people have problems with gmail regardless of which area of the site they are generated from.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Iflyit

You dont have or haven't had any for sale ads in a long time it looks like, so how do you know if you would receive them all from the marketplace discussion area?

I am not the only one, I have had a few people email me and say the same thing when they tried to contact me, I have even seen someone make up and ad saying they could not contact anyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.