Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Not receiving emails from the marketplace

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Not receiving emails from the marketplace

Old 08-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Iflyit
My Feedback: (512)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not receiving emails from the marketplace

I am not receiving any emails from my marketplace ads, makes it a pain to have to check the ads to see if there are replies. Please fix this.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Iflyit

?????
Old 08-08-2014, 05:17 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem. I do not get emails on ads that I have asked questions or placed offers either.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Iflyit

9 days and not a single reply? Is anyone actually monitoring this forum and helping users out???
Old 08-13-2014, 02:10 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

its like a marriage,,,, don't sweat the small stuff,,,,,, its been this way a while JWN has kinda checked out,, hope he's OK
Old 08-20-2014, 04:49 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think a moderator replied to this elsewhere (the dangers of reporting an issue in multiple locations which are not the Support forum), saying that AOL and Yahoo email addresses can pose problems. While we see if there's anything that can be done on our end, a workaround is to change the email address you use with RCU.

Paul
Old 08-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Iflyit

Changing emails is not an option, it is clearly a RCU site problem, you have got yourself on AOL's blacklist again, it has happened before and you need to contact AOL to have them remove it, there isnt anything that can be done on the users end, it has to be from your end to fix this issue.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:47 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Iflyit
Changing emails is not an option, it is clearly a RCU site problem, you have got yourself on AOL's blacklist again, it has happened before and you need to contact AOL to have them remove it, there isnt anything that can be done on the users end, it has to be from your end to fix this issue.
Well you said it yourself -- there isn't anything we can actively do, other than make a request to AOL to be unblocked (which we have done, and they can ignore). They are going to do what they are going to do. If an AOL user wants their RCU email, they will have to change the email address they use on RCU. Out of our control.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Iflyit

There are things you can do, have you sent the request to AOL to be removed from their list? Have you followed up on the request until it is fixed? This has happened before the new ownership came to be here and it got fixed then as they kept up on it till it was. Also it has happened on RCgroups as well and they got it fixed within a couple of days, it has not been working here for close to a year! It is not "out of your control" and telling someone to change their email that they have used for 15 years is not a fix.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:20 PM
IBobi

There are things you can do, have you sent the request to AOL to be removed from their list? Have you followed up on the request until it is fixed? This has happened before the new ownership came to be here and it got fixed then as they kept up on it till it was. Also it has happened on RCgroups as well and they got it fixed within a couple of days, it has not been working here for close to a year! It is not "out of your control" and telling someone to change their email that they have used for 15 years is not a fix.
Yes, the request has been made. We are not AOL. If AOL decides to put an email host on their black list, that is their doing. I am just offering the only solution that works right now: get a new (free) email address. You don't have to switch your whole life over to it, just use it for RCU. It's ridiculously easy. Otherwise, if you'd prefer to not get your RCU emails, you can stay with AOL or hope that they remove RCU from the blacklist.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Iflyit

You can get them to remove this site from the blacklist but it will take more effort than just submitting a removal request, you will have to keep up on them.
I have a dozen email addresses but do not check them regularly, I do not want to have to remember to check a different email each time to see if any offers or question were sent as I will not remember to do that.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Iflyit

OK, so I changed my email address to a gmail one, STILL not receiving all emails from this site. One of my ads has 3 posts/questions on it, I received an email for only one of those posts, not all 3. Seems to be something on RCU's end is broken?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:40 PM
scale only 4 me

I don't get them via Gmail either, been quite a while actually, I just log in to the classifieds each day, the pop up still tell you if you have recent activity.

strange thing is, I get them when I post a listing, when I have a new rating, and when I make an offer,, just never when anyone posts a question to my ad,,,

I'm sure it must be something is must wrong with MY system ,,,, I stopped expecting help here long ago

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 09-03-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:54 PM
IBobi

OK, so I changed my email address to a gmail one, STILL not receiving all emails from this site. One of my ads has 3 posts/questions on it, I received an email for only one of those posts, not all 3. Seems to be something on RCU's end is broken?
You do not get an email for every post that is made; you get one until you check the thread and it resets. This is just to let you know that there are new posts in the thread, not to alert you to EVERY new post. This is how it's designed, so you do not get 300 emails if 300 posts are made there. Nobody wants that.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:59 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I don't get them via Gmail either, been quite a while actually, I just log in to the classifieds each day, the pop up still tell you if you have recent activity.

strange thing is, I get them when I post a listing, when I have a new rating, and when I make an offer,, just never when anyone posts a question to my ad,,,

I'm sure it must be something is must wrong with MY system ,,,, I stopped expecting help here long ago
Have you checked your marketplace settings and forum settings?
Old 09-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Iflyit

Originally Posted by IBobi
You do not get an email for every post that is made; you get one until you check the thread and it resets. This is just to let you know that there are new posts in the thread, not to alert you to EVERY new post. This is how it's designed, so you do not get 300 emails if 300 posts are made there. Nobody wants that.

I am not talking about the discussion forums, I know how they work and I do get those emails since I got the one when Scale replied above. I am talking about in the marketplace. When someone asks a question in my ad to me I should get every single one of them as it is supposed to be directly to me whether they chose to post it in my ad for others to see or not. I have been using the marketplace for 12 years and have always got every question asked in my email.

As for checking Marketplace settings, just what exactly would one check? There is no setting to receive emails on offers, I would think it is automatically set to yes. There is only these 2 option in the marketplace settings for notifications.

[TABLE="width: 600"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: 8b95f5, colspan: 2"]NOTIFICATION PREFERENCES [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: f7f7f7"]Send me confirmations of my listings:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: f7f7f7"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: f7f7f7"]Send me a confirmation of any offer I place on any item:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: f7f7f7"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 09-04-2014, 03:49 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by IBobi
Have you checked your marketplace settings and forum settings?
There is no option to opt out of those emails
Old 09-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Iflyit

I am receiving the "boost your ads viability" emails, and when someone responds to this thread emails, but no emails from the marketplace questions so it seems it is this site that is broken and not sending them? Have you looked into this issue?
Old 09-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Iflyit

?????
Old 10-20-2014, 02:19 PM
scale only 4 me

I did get an email notifying me of a question posted today

System fixed?

Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I did get an email notifying me of a question posted today

System fixed?

Same here, seems to be working.

JWN posted in the Clubouse that Yahoo addresses might have a problem with RCU emails, but I have been getting mine and I use Yahoo.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:44 AM
scale only 4 me

Yeah, don't think it is the same issue, worked fine for me via Gmail until??? I don't know when, maybe early this year I stopped getting notify emails of questions,, then the other day it Walla Works,, Kra Kra
Old 10-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Iflyit

So this thread is 3 months old and no fix or help and hardly a reply. I guess the admin at RCU don't care about their users very much.. RCGroups fixes issues like this within a day or 2.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemikiller
Same here, seems to be working.

JWN posted in the Clubouse that Yahoo addresses might have a problem with RCU emails, but I have been getting mine and I use Yahoo.
Well, it finally happened to me. I had a couple replies to my printing service ad and never received notification of one, but did receive an email for another - 9 hours after the fact. I then sent a reply to the customer and Gmail bounced the email. Lost that sale....

Switching my reply-to address to another email provider, hopefully it won't have the same issues.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:18 PM
scale only 4 me

Just sent you a message via your ad,, let us know if it works

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.