Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

coltonamos buyer looks fishy to me

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

coltonamos buyer looks fishy to me

Old 09-14-2015, 07:40 AM
henschel
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coltonamos buyer looks fishy to me

hello,

How are you doing over there …. I really appreciate your response to my email. I want you to consider it sold, pls do withdraw the advert from site to avoid disturbance,I don’t have time to come over to take a look because of my Business but you don’t need to bother yourself with the shipment, I’ll take care of that by engaging the services of a mover, hence I’ll be sending a certified cashier check and it will be delivered to you via Fedex, so I’ll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.
1.full name on the check.
2.Full Physical address to post the check
3.City, State and Zip Code
4.Home & Cell Phone to contact you.

Note: That the payment will be shipped to your address via FEDEX SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover to come over as soon as you have cashed the check.

Colton.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:22 AM
davidckyr7

Thumbs down coltonamos

He did the same to me definitely watch out for this guy, scammer.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:36 AM
henschel

Yeah I have seen the exact same formed reply from another scammer. RCU sent me an email and saw that this other guy was a scammer and not do biz with them. RCU cancelled their account. RCU hasn't sent me an email saying this sam098/coltonamos is a scammer
Old 09-28-2015, 02:49 AM
PinkFlyer007
My Feedback: (6)

Yes I believe this is a scam he sent me this

Hello,
How are you doing over there …. I really appreciate your response to my email. I want you to consider it sold, pls do withdraw the advert from site to avoid disturbance,I don’t have time to come over to take a look because of my Business but you don’t need to bother yourself with the shipment, I’ll take care of that by engaging the services of a mover, hence I’ll be sending a certified cashier check and it will be delivered to you via Fedex, so I’ll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.1.full name on the check.
Note: That the payment will be shipped to your address via FEDEX SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover to come over as soon as you have cashed the check.
Samuel Colton.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:51 AM
PinkFlyer007
My Feedback: (6)

I received an offer from that guy under this user id sam678
Old 09-28-2015, 04:30 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PinkFlyer007
I received an offer from that guy under this user id sam678
I reported him to the mods a while back when I saw his fishing posts,, no response,, not sure if anyone is moderating the classifieds any longer since the account is still active.

This is a very old scam technique,, be smart boys
Old 10-23-2015, 06:41 AM
rapidrabbit
My Feedback: (20)

i JUST GOT THE SAME e Mail..I looked this guy up hes been in jail just lately. i sent Email for him to send his info first..
Old 10-23-2015, 09:17 AM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Got the same scam from the guy under:

"COLS586"

He just keeps setting up new accounts.

PaulD
Old 10-23-2015, 09:41 AM
rapidrabbit
My Feedback: (20)

is the same,,,,,>>cols586 Amarillo , TX here is the Email address I got>>colton amos <[email protected]> So watch out... hes a Predator . fishing for easy info to make fake charges,credit cards Ect..
Old 10-23-2015, 12:49 PM
henschel

Those kind of people have mental problems. They know only one way and that is figuring out ways to steal from people. They can land in jail time after time and again they have mental problems so when they get out they just go back to stealing. My advice is if a person gets ripped off by this clown the person that got ripped off should find out where this clown lives and go break every bone in his hands and cripple up the clown so that he can never use a computer again
Old 10-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Stickbuilder2
My Feedback: (4)

Same here. I received the same message as others on this forum.

Hello,

How are you doing over there …. I really appreciate your response to my email. I want you to consider it sold, pls do withdraw the advert from site to avoid disturbance,I don’t have time to come over to take a look because of my Business but you don’t need to bother yourself with the shipment, I’ll take care of that by engaging the services of a mover, hence I’ll be sending a certified cashier check and it will be delivered to you via Fedex, so I’ll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.
1.full name on the check.

Colton

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 5:08 PM, wrote:

A REPLY HAS BEEN POSTED TO A MESSAGE BY COLS586 REGARDING ITEM 1048004 - GREAT PLANES P-6E HAWK ARF :

--------------MESSAGE START-------------

I am firm at $400.00

--------------MESSAGE END---------------

***THE INDIVIDUAL POSTED THIS QUESTION TO THE AD LISTING***

You may respond to the member by clicking reply on this email or, if you would like to avoid similar questions on the same item, you can post your reply directly to your item listing! To do this, just return to your listing and click the "Post Comment" link under the "Discussion" area of your ad. Here is your link:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemID=1048004

Thank you,

RC Universe Market
Old 10-26-2015, 06:14 AM
tangi99

Must be more than 1 person
He or they are still at it.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:12 AM
eli5539
My Feedback: (2)

He sent me a check through the post office. Going to take it to my bank and have them verify the account and then cash without depositing into my account. If the check is no good going to report him for mail fraud. Hate people that are rip offs. If anyone has actually been ripped off by him or had their accounts hack after responding to him please let me. I do not want any personal information from you but you may have to talk with fraud department from the post office
Old 11-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Stickbuilder2
My Feedback: (4)

Does anyone on this thread have any experience dealing with Larry Roman, ROMANADVENTURE111? I received an offer via email from him with a very similar format to that used by Colton Amos. He did not make the offer through RCU but rather send me an email directly. Not feeling warm and fuzzy about this guy.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:44 PM
eli5539
My Feedback: (2)

Thats the scam they are using report him unless he has a very good trader rating
Old 11-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Duplicator41
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scammer Alert Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colton Amos and Larry Roman. Deal with them only through Paypal and RCU.
Here's his offer to me:
Hello,
How are you doing over there …. I really appreciate your response to my email. I want you to consider it sold, pls do withdraw the advert from site to avoid disturbance,I don’t have time to come over to take a look because of my Business but you don’t need to bother yourself with the shipment, I’ll take care of that by engaging the services of a mover, hence I’ll be sending a Money Order and it will be delivered to you via usps, so I’ll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the Money Order.
1.full name on the Money Order.
2.Full Physical address to post the Money Order
Note: That the payment will be shipped to your address via USPS SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover to come over as soon as you have cashed the Money Order.

Colton Amos.

Beware.

Cheers,

Old 11-21-2016, 12:13 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Better suggestion

Don't deal with these people at all. Why set yourself up for risk? If you see either of these people on this site, please report them immediately instead of trying to find a "safe" way to complete the transaction. They are not here for the hobby. They create accounts for the sole purpose of taking your money.